Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Here is everything you need to know - OUT NOW!

GoodBytes
9 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Don't give justification for your illegal actions. You were not buying it before.

i might not buy it after this though

What other updates have they made to Edge? Any performance/efficiency ones? I assume it would get worse since it now supports extensions.

Also did they add touchscreen gestures such as swiping right to go to previous page? 

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I got two copies of windows 10 Professional for free!

(Win 7 pro - £69.99 pre launch, Win 8 pro - £29.99 pre launch. Keys work hassle free when installing Win 10).

I have to lol at people that think windows is expensive, non pro versions were £49.99 and £19.99 too. 

Linus is my fetish.

6 hours ago, Giddyguy said:

What other updates have they made to Edge? Any performance/efficiency ones? I assume it would get worse since it now supports extensions.

Also did they add touchscreen gestures such as swiping right to go to previous page? 

It's faster, and it more reliable, and extensions, like your bookmarks, and such, sync between systems.

Swiping gesture to go back/forth on touch screen devices is here as well :)

7 hours ago, SageOfSpice said:

Why does everybody say you can't disable Cortana?

Because windows insiders couldn't when testing the update and as goodbytes mentions:

Yes, it is true. Cortana cannot be fully disabled. The voice recognition stuff (when you go “Hey Cortana”), your interests, permissions to things, and getting to you know you, can all be disabled and cleared. But you cannot turn off Cortana in full. Typing things will still use Bing search engine to get you web results (actually, this was happening on the current version of Windows 10 regardless, it just didn't show you the results). However, it will still give you the whether if asked (by typing), for example.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Nice work dude!.

Some really nice features there, especially the phone integration.

just hope it would not come with annoying bugs

I'm wondering if MS will release the update to the MCT server so we can force upgrade instead of waiting? 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Something I forgot to mention (updated my first post), which I think some people here might be interested.

Game DVR got updated. It is now improved.

Windows 10 Game DVR feature got improved. If you don't know what this feature is, you can hit Win+G at any time on any game (or even software), and the "game bar" will appear. This bar allows you to take a screen shot of the game, and cooler, you can record your game. You can even set it to always record (up to 2h) your games, and than pick a segment you want and save it to disk, or publish it. You have it to record your microphone as well. What is cool about it, is that unlike FRAPS, it doesn't eat your system resources, and well its free.

gamebar.png

What is new, is that you can now record at 60fps.
This is how it looks (The Stanley Parable): [Updated]

(Game starts with pre-rendered cut scene of not the best quality. Actual game footage starts at 1min 18sec)

Video quality Settings:

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

It's faster, and it more reliable, and extensions, like your bookmarks, and such, sync between systems.

Swiping gesture to go back/forth on touch screen devices is here as well :)

Extensions and bookmark syncing is nice, but that's just edge saying "I now meet the minimum requirements for a modern browser!"  

Also, are there any metrics or tests that empirically show faster and more reliable performance? I noticed a trend with software companies putting "faster and more reliable" on new/updated products because its a very qualitative term that can be technically correct by some metric but have no difference in practice.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

22 hours ago, Qub3d said:

Extensions and bookmark syncing is nice, but that's just edge saying "I now meet the minimum requirements for a modern browser!"  

I said that there is more work to be done

Also, are there any metrics or tests that empirically show faster and more reliable performance? I noticed a trend with software companies putting "faster and more reliable" on new/updated products because its a very qualitative term that can be technically correct by some metric but have no difference in practice.

Personal observation from me peeking a look at the web browser at every build. And the performance increase is visual. In fact, I don't see Microsoft saying anything in terms of performance and reliability. I am considering Edge for the best battery life balance performance and feature on my laptop.

7 minutes ago, Qub3d said:

http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

24 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Chrome: http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/results?key=DQpz&resultId=10036991 2314

Edge: http://peacekeeper.futuremark.com/results?key=DQq2&resultId=10037039 1992 (It says chrome but thats because this test was depreciated before edge was a thing)

Note that this is pre-AU. I'll add post-AU results when I get it. Interesting things to note: Some of the tests rely on replaying videos. Edge doesn't support theora, so it got its score dinged for being unable to play the video.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

I have updated the video, now it is native 1080p. So you can see properly the recording quality.

Actual game play starts at 1min 20sec. See post above for video.

Note:

My computer is on the old side of thing (Core i7 930, and I disabled OC), sorry for the frame drops. YouTube compresses the video further than the mp4 file I have. I don't know how to keep things as source.

6 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Because windows insiders couldn't when testing the update and as goodbytes mentions:

Mine takes me to Google, and only if I click, "Search the internet". Otherwise, I'm not getting any internet results.

Eh. Whatever though. It should just be a slider or something, and not require you do go grant yourself access to a bunch of files in order to disable it.

Personally I'm dying to sink my teeth into this update. I've been following it closely and the Linux shell and Android notification sync is going to feel so GOOD to have in Windows. Can't fucking wait.

@GoodBytes They didn't fix the BSOD bug I had :(. Oh no this is gonna be real bad. I had nasty issues on 14393.5.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

25 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

@GoodBytes They didn't fix the BSOD bug I had :(. Oh no this is gonna be real bad. I had nasty issues on 14393.5.

@GoodBytes is now our tech support guy?

Microsoft_Certified_Professional.png

Hehe. :P

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Correction!

Anniversary Update will be Build 14393.10

Microsoft said on so twitter.

7 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Correction!

Anniversary Update will be Build 14393.10

Microsoft said on so twitter.

Yay! No more blue screens of death.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

7 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I have updated the video, now it is native 1080p. So you can see properly the recording quality.

Actual game play starts at 1min 20sec. See post above for video.

Note:

My computer is on the old side of thing (Core i7 930, and I disabled OC), sorry for the frame drops. YouTube compresses the video further than the mp4 file I have. I don't know how to keep things as source.

do you know it uses the CPU or GPU to record, i know i can use OBS with next to no hit to record and stream, it would be nice if this uses GPU as it seems a bit less hassle than obs for a quick cap of a goal in pes or something,

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yay! No more blue screens of death.

Of course!, I told my buddy Frank using mt psychic powers, about the issue you were having, and he was like.... "meh for this guy, Aluminum, why not, lets fix it", and his team fixed it.

Ok, ok,,. I didn't do sh*t :P

52 minutes ago, super_skank said:

do you know it uses the CPU or GPU to record, i know i can use OBS with next to no hit to record and stream, it would be nice if this uses GPU as it seems a bit less hassle than obs for a quick cap of a goal in pes or something,

That is a good question... I'll have a quick look

Fucking typical, Anniversary Update releases and my broadband goes down :(

*in my best spoilt kid voice - I WANT IT NOAW!