Why the hate about Trump?

RuLeZ
5 hours ago, Sauron said:

He spouts obvious nonsense, he is racist and xenophobic and he obviously has no clue how to run his country. Since the United States' president has a considerable amount of power even outside of the US, having him in that position is a horrible prospect for everyone. Now, Hillary Clinton obviously isn't an angel either, however I think she is sensible enough to not damage the US' relationships with other countries and hold a semi repsectable facade above the shady stuff.

Since it comes down to those two at this point it's about damage control, and Trump is the most dangerous of the two.

While I agree with the rest of the post I don't think it's a good idea to start generalizing...

Actually I think Hillary is far more likely to become a war monger specially since the US and the EU are about to lose significant strategic advantage in Turkey that's using this latest coup attempt to just go "Allauh Akbar!!!" on everyone.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Actually I think Hillary is far more likely to become a war monger specially since the US and the EU are about to lose significant strategic advantage in Turkey that's using this latest coup attempt to just go "Allauh Akbar!!!" on everyone.

It's possible. I'm still flabbergasted that it got to this choice.

Turkey is more going towards "heil Erdogan" at the moment I think.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

11 minutes ago, Sauron said:

It's possible. I'm still flabbergasted that it got to this choice.

Turkey is more going towards "heil Erdogan" at the moment I think.

Oh you know dictators: They start out reasonable enough and the next thing you know he'll be claiming to be a reincarnation of Mohammed (peace be upon him) himself and claiming he has magical powers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 7/24/2016 at 1:52 PM, RuLeZ said:

I dont know much about USA, I am european, but seeing the videos about Trump on the Internet, he seems to me like a normal politician, so why I see everywhere something bad about him? I really just want the honest opinion of americans here.

On 7/24/2016 at 3:50 PM, awesomeness10120 said:

He is a normal politician in America, yes, but what he says is much more transparent than other politicians. It's helped me realize how crazy the far right wing of America is.

He's not a politician, he's a businessman who makes his money screwing over smaller companies. Through either fucking them on contracts and having his lawyers bully them, or buying other companies and bankrupting them by basically sucking their capital out and dismantling the company. He's a shitty human being. I consider myself pretty conservative, but even I can't stomach Trump.

"LTT's official.."STOP. I promise you aren't LTT's official bagel eater or whatever. Trust me. 

8 hours ago, skywake said:

Trump is Trump, I don't think there's much to say really. He's always been like that and there have always been people like him. The only change is that recently there have been people willing to vote for someone like him. Previously that sort of candidate/party wouldn't have been electable. Not so much now. And this is a global thing in response to globalisation and terrorism. In countries with other voting systems this has meant the rise of a third party on the right. In the UK there was UKIP, in Australia there was Palmer United and then One Nation. In the US it doesn't work like that. It's either Red or Blue. So the Republican base has hijacked the party.

Does Trump know what he's going to do? Well no. Neither do his supporters really. But he's saying all the things people on the right want to hear. I don't know what his policies are (does anyone?) but I do know what these parties have asked for in Australia. On the economy it's the talking points of the left but with less ability to pay for it. More welfare, more services, more spending but without increasing taxes. On social policy it's whatever the right has previously done but with all the subtlety of an out of control road-train.

For those who aren't familiar with the wonderfully colourful Aussie language, a Road Train is a GIANT Convoy of huge Transport Trucks (Think 18-Wheeler's in North America):

TM0410-Longhorn-2.jpg

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just seeing this post made me laugh. I just wrote a post on FB on this subject.

I personally don't feel any allegiance to any party at all. But damn, if "God" is trolling America, he's really good at his job because this 2016 US presidential run is just too entertaining to pass out.

1. Bernie might be the safest choice of all the candidates but he got passed since Hilary is a WOMAN and Donald Trump have the balls to say crazy shit without consequences.

2.I don't know Hilary but I don't think US have good foreign relationship at all. Exemple: Using Japan to butthurt China.
3. People actually vote for Donald Trump. *I'm dying*
4.Media saying bad shit about Donald Trump, almost labeling him as cancer.I mean if the media waste anytime to report something, it's free advertisement and helps him to grow. Oops.

8 hours ago, Sauron said:

While I agree with the rest of the post I don't think it's a good idea to start generalizing...

Yeah, you're right of course. That was intentionally a bit inflammatory I suppose, and not a serious observation. It was more of a counterpoint to the single-minded and lowest-common-denominator manner in which people are being engaged by certain political corners just now i.e. tapping into people's fears and emotions rather than having a meaningful discussion about the world we live in and how we go about improving it in a considered manner. It's far easier just to rile people up with talk of immigration and border control than it is to look at a range of hard (and increasingly complex) facts that need to be weighed against each other; the former is much easier to sell.

1 hour ago, YongKang said:

Just seeing this post made me laugh. I just wrote a post on FB on this subject.

I personally don't feel any allegiance to any party at all. But damn, if "God" is trolling America, he's really good at his job because this 2016 US presidential run is just too entertaining to pass out.

1. Bernie might be the safest choice of all the candidates but he got passed since Hilary is a WOMAN and Donald Trump have the balls to say crazy shit without consequences.

2.I don't know Hilary but I don't think US have good foreign relationship at all. Exemple: Using Japan to butthurt China.
3. People actually vote for Donald Trump. *I'm dying*
4.Media saying bad shit about Donald Trump, almost labeling him as cancer.I mean if the media waste anytime to report something, it's free advertisement and helps him to grow. Oops.

Safest choice? Another 20 trillion in debt for free college and other free shit? Nty

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

7 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Safest choice? Another 20 trillion in debt for free college and other free shit? Nty

As far as I've read, his financial budget wasn't much worse than the others. He straight up told people he was gonna raise taxes (mostly on the higher income side) to pay for these things, and to close tax loopholes, etc.

Free College would be amazing for the economy. Imagine all those students burdened for half their life with student debt? With lots defaulting on the loans, and never paying them back anyway? If that wasn't an issue anymore, that'd be great.

Going to College shouldn't be about how much money you or your family makes.

And if you're poor and/or come from a poor family, going to College shouldn't be a choice between massive (possibly crippling) debt vs being stuck in minimum wage jobs for the rest of your life.

Yes, not everyone needs to go to College. Many people don't want to, or don't have the academic nature for it. Somebody has to work those shitty low paying jobs. But it should be up to each person to decide how they want to approach what they want to do with their life.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

As far as I've read, his financial budget wasn't much worse than the others. He straight up told people he was gonna raise taxes (mostly on the higher income side) to pay for these things, and to close tax loopholes, etc.

Free College would be amazing for the economy. Imagine all those students burdened for half their life with student debt? With lots defaulting on the loans, and never paying them back anyway? If that wasn't an issue anymore, that'd be great.

And if you're poor and/or come from a poor family, going to College shouldn't be a choice between massive (possibly crippling) debt vs being stuck in minimum wage jobs for the rest of your life.

Yes, not everyone needs to go to College. Many people don't want to, or don't have the academic nature for it. Somebody has to work those shitty low paying jobs. But it should be up to each person to decide how they want to approach what they want to do with their life.

Lol no.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-economic-plan-would-add-18t-in-debt/ I'm glad he didn't win, even my friend who goes to college thinks people shouldn't get free college.

I don't want to pay for some kids college, not my problem. But I don't have to worry about it anymore.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

15 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Lol no.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-economic-plan-would-add-18t-in-debt/ I'm glad he didn't win, even my friend who goes to college thinks people shouldn't get free college.

I don't want to pay for some kids college, not my problem. But I don't have to worry about it anymore.

FYI, lots of countries around the world offer some form of free or heavily subsidized education, and those countries aren't on the verge of bankruptcy because of it ;)

As far as the US elections go, I'm VERY happy that I'm not an American. Seriously, Clinton vs Trump shouldn't be labeled as a choice!

It's like watching a train wreck in slowmotion, horrifying, yet nobody can look away! xD

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Just now, wkdpaul said:

FYI, lots of countries around the world offer some for of free or heavily subsidized education, and those countries aren't on the verge of bankruptcy because of it ;)

As far as the US elections go, I'm VERY happy that I'm not an American. Seriously, Clinton vs Trump shouldn't be labeled as a choice!

It's like watching a train wreck in slowmotion, horrifying, yet nobody can look away! xD

Are the other countries in a shitload of debt?

7 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Are the other countries in a shitload of debt?

last I checked, pretty much all countries in the world are in shitload of dept, regardless of their education cost. ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

37 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Education as a whole should be free. I feel like we're the same as EA with its DLC. Pay extra for education. Pay extra for a degree. That's just messed up.

This was a decent speech, much of it was why there is hate for Trump as a candidate.  Warren could have wrecked DT if she ran:

...a bit too much pro Clinton... but she is the nominee after all.

On 7/24/2016 at 1:52 PM, RuLeZ said:

I dont know much about USA, I am european, but seeing the videos about Trump on the Internet, he seems to me like a normal politician, so why I see everywhere something bad about him? I really just want the honest opinion of americans here.

It's the xenophobia, scapegoating of immigrants for all problems real and imagined, his encouragement of fear and anger, his stated intent to commit actual war crimes, his intent to disregard our NATO obligations, and his lack of any experience or apparent expertise in basically any area of governance.

I certainly hope that's not how our "normal politicians" come across. :(

20 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Anita Sarskesian and her cuck toy (John McIntosh), The girls from MTV, The "I need some muscle over here!" profesor I forgot her name, countless buzzfeed reporters, most of Gawker and Kotaku, fuck virtually ALL Tumblr feminists, etc.

I am actually not sure how could you miss such a large scale, overwhelming prescence of the Cultural Marxist, intersectional type of Feminists out there but yeah what you are describing is actually reasonable and has Little to do with modern feminists bitching about rape culture and the wage gap.

In fact most of them flatout and against reason refuse to talk about actual patriarchies like the ones on the Middle east where women actually are oppressed.

Okay, you've got me there. If I'm going to read up on current issues, I can't say that Buzzfeed, Kotaku and MTV are my go-to sources. They are in fact, very easily missed if you're reading/watching something else entirely. So yeah, I'm not particularly involved in certain forms of social media and online community type stuff (I feel old as fuck for even saying that) so I'm a bit out of the loop here. I can certainly appreciate that many of these sites are fairly all-encompassing for certain age groups in particular, but it's really hard to measure the true reach of this type of output in the grand scheme of things. What we do know is, I don't pay much attention to the media outlets that you do (and presumably vice-versa). And the question remains; how do you quantify the scope / prevalence of certain attitudes? For example, I don't really see any of this stuff on mainstream news sources / newspapers / magazines, and yet the intarwebs will clearly provide it should I go looking. It will also provide pretty much anything else, too. Have you seen the cats?

My experience with discussions on social media sites (as an example) is that there's a real element of preaching to the converted - i.e. many of these articles end up being pretty circle-jerky and don't carry much capacity to convince anyone that wasn't already there. That I suppose, in a roundabout way, is what a tabloid news source is; repetitions of the same agenda and sensationalist guff to help cement a certain mindset, while teaching you borderline fuck all. By way of a small admission: one of the headline articles on Buzzfeed just now is "21 Secrets People Who Date Vegans Won't Tell You", so I'll take that sort of "news" source about as seriously as I take any other horseshit news outlet. Perhaps that's my mistake, and my underestimation of it's reach and popularity.

Either way, thanks for clarifying your point. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to put on my slippers, finish my crossword puzzle and watch a nice movie on the VCR.

48 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Lol no.

Hypothetical scenario:

Let's say I don't have a car, I walk to work through a nice path in a park. Why am I paying taxes that go towards roads I never use?

The point is that just because you personally don't benefit on an immediately tangible level, doesn't mean it's bad for you. You paying for "some kid" to go to college means that he isn't stuck paying off huge loads of debt, which do nothing to help the economy.

Would you rather that kid be able to spend his money back into the economy, or would you rather he help make banks even richer?

And that's assuming he even goes to College since he has to pay for it himself. Maybe now he can't afford college. Maybe he's stuck with a minimum wage job, contributing almost nothing to the economy because all his money goes towards food and shelter, and costly health insurance (because Single Payer tax funded healthcare is "Evil"!). Or he can't afford insurance at all, and just goes into massive debt if he gets critically sick.

The point is, the more students that graduate college debt free, with a good education, the better YOUR LIFE will be. It won't be an immediate improvement. It won't even necessarily be anything tangible you can see or touch. But it'll be a healthier and stronger America, where your quality of life will benefit.

25 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Hypothetical scenario:

Let's say I don't have a car, I walk to work through a nice path in a park. Why am I paying taxes that go towards roads I never use?

The point is that just because you personally don't benefit on an immediately tangible level, doesn't mean it's bad for you. You paying for "some kid" to go to college means that he isn't stuck paying off huge loads of debt, which do nothing to help the economy.

Would you rather that kid be able to spend his money back into the economy, or would you rather he help make banks even richer?

And that's assuming he even goes to College since he has to pay for it himself. Maybe now he can't afford college. Maybe he's stuck with a minimum wage job, contributing almost nothing to the economy because all his money goes towards food and shelter, and costly health insurance (because Single Payer tax funded healthcare is "Evil"!). Or he can't afford insurance at all, and just goes into massive debt if he gets critically sick.

The point is, the more students that graduate college debt free, with a good education, the better YOUR LIFE will be. It won't be an immediate improvement. It won't even necessarily be anything tangible you can see or touch. But it'll be a healthier and stronger America, where your quality of life will benefit.

let me guess, you also think that here in California the 15/h law is a good thing?

1 hour ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

let me guess, you also think that here in California the 15/h law is a good thing?

$15/h Min wage CAN be a good thing. But you can't just bump up that wage by a large margin without experiencing fallback. You need to ease into it.

It also depends on the local economy, and cost of living, etc. I don't know California well enough to say what exactly their minimum wage should be. But it should be enough that someone working full time at minimum wage can survive.

Here in Ontario, the minimum wage is currently $11.25/h. This October, that's being raised to $11.40/h. By easing the wage up slowly but consistently over time, you're able to at least somewhat keep pace with cost of living increases, without shocking the small business sector.

44 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

$15/h Min wage CAN be a good thing. But you can't just bump up that wage by a large margin without experiencing fallback. You need to ease into it.

It also depends on the local economy, and cost of living, etc. I don't know California well enough to say what exactly their minimum wage should be. But it should be enough that someone working full time at minimum wage can survive.

Here in Ontario, the minimum wage is currently $11.25/h. This October, that's being raised to $11.40/h. By easing the wage up slowly but consistently over time, you're able to at least somewhat keep pace with cost of living increases, without shocking the small business sector.

Exactly, it is easing it's way up in 2023 but you liberals have no idea.

My parents will have to pay 100,000 MORE A YEAR because of it.

for mcdonalds and other fast food places this is not a problem but for  small businesses that =out of business and liberals like you cannot comprehend.

Also about raising the price etc, we can raise the price and the people can say "fuck that, that is way to expensive, going to Mexican or china".

Just now, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

for mcdonalds and other fast food places this is not a problem but for  small businesses that =out of business and liberals like you cannot comprehend.

I'm sorry, your parents will have to pay $100,000 a year more? In what? Taxes? If so, your parents are considered "wealthy", to say the least.

I also have no idea what you're saying in this post. It's obvious that you're letting this issue affect your opinion personally, and it's affecting your post. "It's easing it's way up in 2023"? What does that mean? The California minimum wage is slated to reach $15/h in 2023? Got any links for that?

Again, I do not know the Californian Economy well enough to say that $15/h is sustainable there or not, but if "liberal" economists are saying it should be $15/h now, then by 2023, that would be too late, hmm?

What is the current min wage in California?

5 minutes ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Also about raising the price etc, we can raise the price and the people can say "fuck that, that is way to expensive, going to Mexican or china".

People who get taxed that much are literal millionaires so, no offense but tough. The more you make the more you should put back.

-------

Current Rig

-------

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

I'm sorry, your parents will have to pay $100,000 a year more? In what? Taxes? If so, your parents are considered "wealthy", to say the least.

I also have no idea what you're saying in this post. It's obvious that you're letting this issue affect your opinion personally, and it's affecting your post. "It's easing it's way up in 2023"? What does that mean? The California minimum wage is slated to reach $15/h in 2023? Got any links for that?

Again, I do not know the Californian Economy well enough to say that $15/h is sustainable there or not, but if "liberal" economists are saying it should be $15/h now, then by 2023, that would be too late, hmm?

What is the current min wage in California?

It goes up about a 50c then a dollar a year or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

People who get taxed that much are literal millionaires so, no offense but tough. The more you make the more you should put back.

I mean the business... my parents own. as in 100,000 more..... in PAYROLL.