AMD Polaris Giveaway

My "ancient" pc (2009 mobo, 2006 cpu) is, probably, running the slowest gpu this topic may see...  A GEFORCE 210 ... And the RX 480 in my country starts from 310 EUR (Lithuania, if you have ever heard about it :D ). So, as you may see, the reason for an upgrade is more than obvious.

Mainly entered so I can give this GPU to my brother, he is in dyer need of a new GPU cause hes running a 560ti and can hardly run today's games. So i will give it to him if i win. 

14 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a intel q43\q45 (core2duo integrated graphics) that doesn't have any windows 10 driver so i can't play opengl games. Fallout New Vegas runs at 5 fps with LOADS of stuttering...

Ima using a 4k LG Display with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 (2 GB). I do wanna use 4k - gaming and the Freesync ability. (This Disply doesnt support Gsync)

my rig is rocking a...well...rock 

well to be more specific it's limestone.  I was planning on upgrading to granite but this seems like the better option :/

I have a very fetching ASUS Radeon R9 290X DirectCU II OC which I would love to see supplanted by a Polaris GPU. 

Always batted for Team Red and not about to change now! 

Right now I'm running my rig with a GeForce GTX 950 FTW. Now while this is a great bang for the buck card, its not really holding up against the kinds of games that I want to play or the videos I want to edit, and its not doing too well at running my 3 monitor setup. I'm already using an AMD cpu and I think that having a full on Red Team rig would be great. Plus I love the new changes made with the Polaris architecture. Keep up the great work LTT

"I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

Using a 970 so it will be a good change...hopefuly :)

Who needs a gtx 960 when you can have that! Probably me. Idk who's counting anyway?

I have an r9 290 so it wouldn't be much of an upgrade, but I could use it for vfio passthrough to run linux and windows together

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

Best of luck to all!!

R9 270 and want to play witcher 3

this giveaway would mean to me if I won. So I started PC gaming three years ago on an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 paired with a Nvidia 8800 GTS. Boy was it fun. I played Arma 2: DayZ Mod 24/7 (a very CPU Intensive game) for about 1000 hours in that year. Then I "upgraded" CPUs to the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 still with the 8800 GTS. I played DayZ for another year yielding and average of 12 frames for another 1000 hours. Somewhere along the way I upgraded GPUs to the Nvidia 650. I got about an extra 5 frames (if that). Boy did I have blast :D Last Christmas, I built a "new" PC so I wouldn't have to share with my brother anymore who got a better PC than me but NEVER uses it. My mom gave me a budget of $300 which I kinda went over a tad. I threw in an FX-6300, Gigabyte 990 motherboard, 8 gbs of RAM, 1TB HDD, 650W PSU, and CM Hyper 212 EVO. I had to recycle my case and Nvidia GTX 650 1GB. I've been playing with it ever since and it still yields low frames per second but I can't stop playing. About a month ago, I finally hooked up my 1080p TV, which is almost double the size of my 1366x768 18.5 inch monitor. But the higher res leads to lower frames :( I wish I could upgrade to the new RX 480 when it releases, I've been begging for an R9 380 forever. This giveaway would give me such a better experience and I would probably ACTUALLY die if I won it. Fingers crossed!

Radeon HD 3870, i think it's about time for an upgrade, and YES...PC components are overpriced where i'm from so any kind of upgrade is just once in 7-10 years *sigh*

I don't even have a bloody graphics card, I am currently saving for one in my first ever pc build. Been taking about 6 months and I only have the case, motherboard and RAM as I have to buy in small chunks due to financial restrictions. 

So, yeah - please hook me up Linus as I've been watching hours upon hours of how to build guides when learning how to build a PC and this would be an amazing addition. I have no preference over which card, any card would allow me to complete my rig much sooner! Cheers!

XFX AMD R9 280X in mine. Copes well with many games, but begins to struggle with the more demanding games. :/

I am currently using 2 Nvidia Geforce GTX 295's (makes 4 total) in SLI. A new graphics card would be much appreciated in order to bring my system up to date. (Or at least closer to it). The GPU is really my bottleneck right now as my CPU is an intel Core-i5 4690.

The only thing we have to fear is... Stupidity...

Right now I'm running a 960 and I'm curious about the AMD camp. 

I have a simple mac :/ 

What makes it worse is that I have to use an Intel HD Graphics 3000 *cries*

I was actually thinking about building a new computer soon and this would help so much!

I only have the igpu from my processor... so I guess that's a good reason for an upgrade

I would love to recieve one of these cards, because im planning on building my first Gaming pc, i have build pc's before but when i knew that new video cards had come out (via linus tech tips)  i knew it was time, so i would to have a vr ready video cards.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a gtx 750ti and really need an upgrade 

This may be an opportunity to finally try out amd!

I have a GTX 960 2gb in my desktop and would love an upgrade. 

Suffering on integrated gfx at the moment guys. If this can help move on from there the that would be just great. Thanx.Mx