My 24 & 16 Core 4P Folding Rigs (Updated!) (large pics)

never OC the CPU it causes allot of errors in the logs. only OC the GPU. but ether not to mutch.

as kayn said, you got that backwards

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Switch that around. F@H is less picky with CPU as long as its absolutely stable. GPU overclocks are very picky

Is that why my PPD has been so erratic with my 7970? fluctuates from 60k to 110k on a regular basis. 

Is that why my PPD has been so erratic with my 7970? fluctuates from 60k to 110k on a regular basis. 

most likely not, if there was a problem with your OC then the WU would fail. It's most likely the WU. I know that the 7810 and 7811 WU fluctuates on my GPU from 100K to like 60k PPD because the TPF changes. Out of the three core17 WUs only 8900 is constant.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Nope - most of these big guys are left "naked"

but why wont you put it in a case i mean what would happen if you would drop something on it :L 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

but why wont you put it in a case i mean what would happen if you would drop something on it :L 

well, you don't put it somewhere where you can drop stuff. make a corner just for it or something.

I'm actually thinking of putting my 4p unit, if I ever get around to actually get one, somehow on the ceiling. just drill some holes and use some kind of rack much like @Whaler_99 has and just bolt it to the ceiling

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

These motherboards are a very custom form factor and 98% of your normal cases won't fit. You need much more expensive server cases, or custom ones like I have. And typically people don't run their 4P units where things can get dropped on them. :) They run them in closets, garages, crawl space, etc. Basically, out of the way. All mine are in a crawl space.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I'm not worried about dropping anything on it, it's out of the way of house-traffic and nothing is ever above it.

well, you don't put it somewhere where you can drop stuff. make a corner just for it or something.

I'm actually thinking of putting my 4p unit, if I ever get around to actually get one, somehow on the ceiling. just drill some holes and use some kind of rack much like @Whaler_99 has and just bolt it to the ceiling

One of my friends told me to put it on the wall where it would look like a painting, but that's too much effort and I think it's too heavy.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I'm not worried about dropping anything on it, it's out of the way of house-traffic and nothing is ever above it.

One of my friends told me to put it on the wall where it would look like a painting, but that's too much effort and I think it's too heavy.

framed 4p rig, work of art

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

You don't put it on a test bench , what if you but your hand on the other side and it falls  :o  :(  :wacko:

$$金Trill金$$

You don't put it on a test bench , what if you but your hand on the other side and it falls  :o  :(  :wacko:

I don't know what you mean... Because of static electricity? I have an anti-static wrist band I use for any work I do on it.

Nah folding is just like that, PPD will fluctuate. :)

Switch that around. F@H is less picky with CPU as long as its absolutely stable. GPU overclocks are very picky

exactly. it's not at all picky about cpu OC, but extremely touchy about GPU OC, as I have discovered.

Former Teksyndicate Forum Moderator, IT student

my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/FnC

• 3 weeks later...

nice build @Imaginaerum to bad i cannot find any parts here in belgium to build a 4p machine. i would love to make a 4p machine.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

nice build @Imaginaerum to bad i cannot find any parts here in belgium to build a 4p machine. i would love to make a 4p machine.

Might be an off chance to find some guy who ships worldwide on eBay, but I had a hard enough time finding decent parts to US-only shippers.

I wish I could do something like this.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Love the case!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Yep - surprising, quite a few people running that type. Also easy to put a big blower fan on the front as intake. :)

Its not a looker but a performer.

I find it a looker with all that power. Although, I'm weird like that.........

Back from the dead....

I want them.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build