My 24 & 16 Core 4P Folding Rigs (Updated!) (large pics)

-snip-

Personal Rig Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D-E

Processor: Intel i7-930 2.3GHz (this thing is too hot to overclock, idles at 50C)

RAM: 10GB DDR3 triple-channel

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti

HDDs: WD 7200RPM 500GB (for storage) and Seagate 7200RPM 500GB (for OS/temporary storage)

Heatsink: Hyper 212+ Evo

Case: Fractal Define R4

Fans: Two 120mm Bitfenix Spectres (front), two 140mm Fractal fans (exhausts), one generic 120mm (heatsink)

PSU: Seasonic 760w Platinum

Wanted to ask why you can't OC O.o got the same mobo as you and using a 3770k cooler ghetoo rigged on top I OC'd my xeon e5520 (pretty much your CPU but xeon equivalent) to 3.3Ghz and only then does it idle at 50C

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Wanted to ask why you can't OC O.o got the same mobo as you and using a 3770k cooler ghetoo rigged on top I OC'd my xeon e5520 (pretty much your CPU but xeon equivalent) to 3.3Ghz and only then does it idle at 50C

I'm just not comfortable. It idles at stock settings at 50C, I tried a small overclock (just a few hundred MHz) and it shot up to 60-70C. I just have a bad chip. I kinda made a mistake though, it's at 2.8GHz not 2.3... I need to change that

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Love the build (google pointed me to this thread when I did a search for "4P folding" - cool, eh?)

one question:  are you folding big on this 4p beast (i.e. do you have BigAdv enabled)?

Love the build (google pointed me to this thread when I did a search for "4P folding" - cool, eh?)

one question:  are you folding big on this 4p beast (i.e. do you have BigAdv enabled)?

Pretty cool if it's showing up in Google, and yes BigAdv is enabled, I wouldn't be getting 200k+ PPD on these processors otherwise.

What kinda a motherboard should I get for my PC

Msi z77 gd65

Msi z77 gd80

Or a asus z77 pro?

Hello,this is not the right place to post this.but get the GD80.

Thank u where should I post somthing like this next time?

Thank u where should I post somthing like this next time?

The motherboards forum seems appropriate

http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/5-cpus-motherboards-and-memory/

your performance to cost ratio is amazing compared to my machine! 

the setup i got is several times more power efficient though so i guess it equals out in the long run. (talking years here :P)

i have loved your setup since ghetto desk setup to this kickass custom case.

your performance to cost ratio is amazing compared to my machine! 

the setup i got is several times more power efficient though so i guess it equals out in the long run.

i have loved your setup since ghetto desk setup to this kickass custom case.

Psh you get twice my PPD and I (technically) have nearly 48 cores, I think it's worth it

• 2 weeks later...

Psh you get twice my PPD and I (technically) have nearly 48 cores, I think it's worth it

well i don't really get twice the PPD, you posted a worst case scenario with 8101 units, with those my machine drops down to 300k ish, so i really didn't get a whole lot for spending more than 6 times the money :P, the real upside i have is that abit later down the road i can just pop out the cpus and swap them out for some higher end ones.