Can I turn on my pc right now?

Hi, just finished building my workstation, below is the specification.

Xeon 2675 v3 *2

ASUS ZE10 PE D8 WS

CORSAIR 750D

CORSAIR HX750I

SSD SAMSUNG 950 PRO 256GB

Can I turn on my pc right now? I havent bought a led monitor yet, probably going to find a good led monitor for stock trading tomorrow?

And is my cable management good?

14684131357052103018715.jpg

you're going to need to make sure you put the CPU heatsinks on first. You're also missing ram so you're just going to get lots of beeps. 

6 minutes ago, dorianyates55 said:

Xeon 2675 v3 *2

ASUS ZE10 PE D8 WS

CORSAIR 750D

CORSAIR HX750I

Can I turn on my pc right now? I havent bought a led monitor yet, probably going to find a good led monitor for stock trading tomorrow?

You'll need CPU heatsinks/RAM.

My System:

Intel Core i5-4690k  / Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Asus Z97-AR MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 100me Corsair Vengeance LP 1600Mhz 2x4GB DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD / NZXT S340 EVGA SuperNOVA G1 650W / Windows 10 Home 64 / AOC G2460PQU 1080p 144hz / Corsair VOID Wireless RGB Razer Taipan Laser Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 

My Laptop (Asus X55C-DS31):

Intel Core i3-2370M @ 2.4Ghz 6GB RAM / OCZ ARC100 240GB SSD /

My Phone:

OnePlus Three Graphite Black / 64GB

My Watch:

Moto 360 1st Generation

Where is your CPU cooler and your ram? You might have problem booting up with ram sticks. 

Magical Pineapples

In order for it to actually run, you're going to want some RAM, and in order for that $800 worth of CPUs not to overheat and die, you're going to want a heatsink.

I will most likely not respond to you in a thread unless you quote me.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

Damnit Carl (My portable POS):

CPU: Core i7-6700HQ

Motherboard: Toshiba L55-C5392 Mobo

RAM: 8GB DDR3 (even though I have Skylake)

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530

Case: Toshiba L55-C5392 Case

Storage: 525 GB Crucial MX300 SSD

PSU: Whatever power jack comes with it

Display: Some 1366 x 768 garbage + an OK 1080p monitor

Cooling: Not enough + an external laptop tray

Keyboard: The included one

Mouse: $4 Lenovo 3D Optical Mouse (not as bad as you (rightly) assumed)

Sound: The Skullcandy branding right under the power button should clue you in

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

Ok thanks, I thought samsung 950 pro also works as a ram, I will buy some ram tomorrow. But is a heatsink really neccessary? Because the case already comes with 3 fans, one above the power supply and two in the front.

14684139325272103018715.jpg

On 7/13/2016 at 7:46 AM, dorianyates55 said:

Ok thanks, I thought samsung 950 pro also works as a ram, I will buy some ram tomorrow. But is a heatsink really neccessary? Because the case already comes with 3 fans, one above the power supply and two in the front.

even with fans, a cpu under load can get to 80c with an okay heatsink

no heatsink will cause the cpu to skyrocket to over 110c, and die.

NEVER turn on a computer without a cpu heatsink.

personally, the stock intel heatsink, along with three fans in my case let my 4770k to reach 100c.

no heatstink is very bad

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

The Samsung 950 Pro does not, in fact, work as RAM. Whoever told you that or gave you that impression should not, under any circumstances, be trusted for any computer advice in the future regardless of the question. The heatsink is 100% necessary, without a shadow of a doubt. The case fans may expel some of the additional heat generated by other things, but it will not be able to directly expel the heat from the CPU itself and they will overheat and die.

$500 PC | $800 PC | $1000 PC | $1200 PC | $1500 PC | $2000 PC | $2500 PC | $3000 PC | $4000 PC

Spoiler

PCPartPicker URL: pcpartpicker.com/i-wish-i-had-enough-money-for-a-desktop-my-laptop-is-so-sh*t-its-not-even-on-portablepicker

Yes ... they are 120watts cpus ... even bloody small atoms has bloody heatsink at least .. If you want something cheap go have look hyper 212. That 950 pro is storage not ram ... not the same thing.

Magical Pineapples

It is very necessary.  If you do not get the heat away from the CPUs, they will over heat and DIE and you will be stuck with useless squares of metal.  Basically, all the fans do (short version) is get hot air out of your case.  You still have the problem of getting heat from the CPU to the air in the case so that the fans can blow it out, which is where the heatsink comes in.

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

NEVER turn on a computer without a cpu heatsink.

Jesus you make it sound like just pressing the power button will instafry the CPU or something. You can easily get a minute or two out of a CPU with no HSF and not have any issue at all.

Now do I recommend it? No I don't but is it possible? Yes it is.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Jesus you make it sound like just pressing the power button will instafry the CPU or something. You can easily get a minute or two out of a CPU with no HSF and not have any issue at all.

Now do I recommend it? No I don't but is it possible? Yes it is.

You might be able to get a minute or two out of it, but you will have damaged it in the process, and it will have a far shorter lifespan than it otherwise would have. Please, anyone, don't turn on your system without a heatsink. It's just plain not smart.

Spoiler

its hard to believe you built a work station yet just asked those questions

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

2 minutes ago, Hero7750 said:

its hard to believe you built a work station yet just asked those questions

I really have to agree with you there. I'm really not sure how you managed that. In future, please consult someone with some computer knowledge (as long as they are not the person who told you an SSD could act as RAM) before building a workstation system.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, LordMastodon said:

You might be able to get a minute or two out of it, but you will have damaged it in the process, and it will have a far shorter lifespan than it otherwise would have. Please, anyone, don't turn on your system without a heatsink. It's just plain not smart.

[CITATION NEEDED] 

It's simple physics I'm afraid, as long as you don't exceed the max safe temp for extended periods you will do no damage at all and suggesting otherwise shows a real lack of understanding on your part. 

Like I said, you shouldn't do it but if you do its really not the end of the world, booting a PC with no HSF to check for a post beep isn't going to do any damage at all. The CPU barely has time to get warm. 

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Not to mention, this is TWO CPUs, RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. You'd have to be an idiot to even try to turn them on. Even though many modern CPUs come with thermal protection that shuts them down if they get too hot, why would you ever put that to the test? I mean, this is clearly an OP with very little computer knowledge (how he managed to put together a workstation system is beyond me) and it would almost assuredly be suicide for him to turn on this system without heatsinks. He's lucky he asked us if he could turn it on, because that would have been quite the hole in his wallet if he hadn't.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, dorianyates55 said:

Xeon 2675 v3 *2

ASUS ZE10 PE D8 WS

CORSAIR 750D

CORSAIR HX750I

5 hours ago, dorianyates55 said:

How did you go about choosing these components?  I'm curious how you selected these parts and got to where you are with such limited experience. 

18 minutes ago, LordMastodon said:

Not to mention, this is TWO CPUs, RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. You'd have to be an idiot to even try to turn them on. Even though many modern CPUs come with thermal protection that shuts them down if they get too hot, why would you ever put that to the test? I mean, this is clearly an OP with very little computer knowledge (how he managed to put together a workstation system is beyond me) and it would almost assuredly be suicide for him to turn on this system without heatsinks. He's lucky he asked us if he could turn it on, because that would have been quite the hole in his wallet if he hadn't.

Agreed, I've said both times that he shouldn't do it. 

I wasn't suggesting he does it, I was addressing your post that implied doing it would instantly fry his CPUs which is false. 

Guys, thanks for helping me out, the store keeper suggests hyper 212x because it's the number one price/ performance heatsink. I also picked up crucial 64 gb ddr 4 2133 ecc (16x4 ). But there are 8 ram slots on the motherboard, which slots should I place them into? For the heatsink, Im not sure how to install thermal paste on top of the cpus, Many people on youtube suggest P method, but someone told me is spread it with a credit card will cover all area. 

Thanks again!!!

20160716_095215.jpg

14686384594141424457292.jpg

Consult your manual for where the ram goes, but usually it's every other slot, but look at your manual to make sure.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

28 minutes ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Consult your manual for where the ram goes, but usually it's every other slot, but look at your manual to make sure.

Thanks, but it doesnt come with a manual. Just 4 sticks of ram, what do I do now?

14686413861399889532.jpg

You're motherboard manual bro. This is very concerning man, you obviously are lacking some basic PC skills so go forward with much caution.

Also, you may not get video output or good quality atleast, I do not know of the quality of the iGPU of xeons

GOOD LUCK