Steam summer sale 2016

4 hours ago, Albatross said:

Yea, I noticed that. Not a lot of people must like Doom and Fallout 4.

i liked them :c

i just need 5 more dollars ;-:

So the summer sale is here, and I need to spend atleast $100 or I'll be mad at myself for the rest of the year. Any recommendations? I'm more into action/multiplayer games, and my PC can run pretty much anything.

To be honest... the sale didn't look that amazing this year... maybe its just me. I usually find better deals on ebay/slick dealz/techbargains... Some old games are dirt cheap though... I guess if you see an awesome deal tag me haha

8 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

I need to spend atleast $100 or I'll be mad at myself

That's a dangerous shopping strategy

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

start buying shit off of the steam community market like csgo knifes or tf2 stranges

wait til the summer sale is over and start flipping the fuck out of items for ez profit and an ez life

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Idk what to get tho

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

8 minutes ago, TriFlix Films said:

To be honest... the sale didn't look that amazing this year... maybe its just me. I usually find better deals on ebay/slick dealz/techbargains... Some old games are dirt cheap though... I guess if you see an awesome deal tag me haha

Yeah, this year's summer sale ain't that great to be completely honest. Last year's was great, not only because there was a minigame you could exploit the hell out of to level up your profile, but it was generally pretty good. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

i didnt buy a lot yet, i kinda just suggest looking out for cheap games of genres you like.

i decided to try south park stick of truth, and for the €10 its worth it.

the variety of steam hardware is also lowered in price a bit.

DOOM! Super cool, super fun and super, did i say cool multiplayer (feels a lot like Halo 5)? YES! And XCOM 2 Deluxe (pretty cool with mods i supose and multiplayer is fun, but it is strategy with serious action) and maybe Dark Souls 3? :L

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, Mornincupofhate said:

So the summer sale is here, and I need to spend atleast $100 or I'll be mad at myself for the rest of the year. Any recommendations? I'm more into action/multiplayer games, and my PC can run pretty much anything.

fallout 4 if you don't already have it/ 3d mark for fire strike benchmark is 80% off

dia de los Muertos

~CPU~ I5 6600K @4.5GHz ~GPU~ GTX 1070 EVGA FTW ~PSU~ EVGA G1 650W ~HDD~ 1TB WD Caviar Blue

~RAM~ G.Skill 16GB DDR4 2400 ~CASE~ NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ~MOBO~ MSI Z170 SLI Plus

~Keyboard~ K70 Lux Cherry MX Brown ~Mouse~ Logitech G502 Prometheus 

(and a lot more shit to go)

I picked up several games last night for about $30. Age of Empires II HD, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Firewatch, Gone Home and Life is Strange. Aside from AoE, which I used to play all the time as a youngin', they're all games I wanted to play just never got around to buying them. I'm pretty stoked on it.

Skyrim is on sale again; if you don't have the Legendary DLC, I'd get it now so you get the free upgrade to the remaster/re-release this fall.

On 6/24/2016 at 1:36 AM, Gdourado said:

Can someone please explain why the refund system stopped the daily deals and flash sales?

A year ago, on the summer sale 2015 I bougth in excess of 30 games.

Now I cannot see interest in more than 2 or 3... Due to the lack of flash deals...

What does one thing have to do with the other?

My best guess is probably because of processing fees and profit losses. When you buy a game with a CC/Debit card Steam is charged a fee, they also get charged a fee when you issue a refund.

I don't know exact numbers, but as an example lets say that the processing fee is 0.20% and you're buying a game that is $10.

1. You buy the $10 game, Steam is charged 2 cents. So Steam made a $9.98 profit.

2. You request a refund, Steam is charged another 2 cents and refunds your $10. Steam is now at a -$0.04 loss.

3. The game goes on sale for $5, you buy it. Steam is charged 1 cent, 5 cent loss so far. Steam is now at a $4.95 profit.

It doesn't seem like much, but now add in 10,000 people doing the exact same thing. That's $500 loss, $49,500 profit.

Now if you weren't able to refund and you had to stay with your $10 purchase, Steam would be at a $80,000 profit, plus however many more people would buy the game at the price point of $5. Also don't forget Steam has to pay the publishers/developers as well, and the processing fees are cut out of Steam's profits, not anybody else's.

Steam probably made this decision based on scenarios like this. The Summer Sale 2015 had flash sales and refunds(IIRC), so it was probably the deciding factor for Steam to decide whether or not to keep flash/daily/community deals. So it must have cost Steam enough money to warrant the change.

TL;DR: Steam gets charged processing fees and if everyone refunded their purchases when a game goes on a deeper discount then Steam makes less profit and hurts them in the long run.

The only way to "fix" this is to block people from buying a game they just refunded for a certain period of time(which kinda contradicts why Steam created the refund system) OR make customers pay transaction fees(which I don't think consumers would be too happy about this). Well, if the transaction fees are really part of the decision that was made...

8 minutes ago, EChondo said:

My best guess is probably because of processing fees and profit losses. When you buy a game with a CC/Debit card Steam is charged a fee, they also get charged a fee when you issue a refund.

I don't know exact numbers, but as an example lets say that the processing fee is 0.20% and you're buying a game that is $10.

1. You buy the $10 game, Steam is charged 2 cents. So Steam made a $9.98 profit.

2. You request a refund, Steam is charged another 2 cents and refunds your $10. Steam is now at a -$0.04 loss.

3. The game goes on sale for $5, you buy it. Steam is charged 1 cent, 5 cent loss so far. Steam is now at a $4.95 profit.

It doesn't seem like much, but now add in 10,000 people doing the exact same thing. That's $500 loss, $49,500 profit.

Now if you weren't able to refund and you had to stay with your $10 purchase, Steam would be at a $80,000 profit, plus however many more people would buy the game at the price point of $5. Also don't forget Steam has to pay the publishers/developers as well, and the processing fees are cut out of Steam's profits, not anybody else's.

Steam probably made this decision based on scenarios like this. The Summer Sale 2015 had flash sales and refunds(IIRC), so it was probably the deciding factor for Steam to decide whether or not to keep flash/daily/community deals. So it must have cost Steam enough money to warrant the change.

TL;DR: Steam gets charged processing fees and if everyone refunded their purchases when a game goes on a deeper discount then Steam makes less profit and hurts them in the long run.

The only way to "fix" this is to block people from buying a game they just refunded for a certain period of time(which kinda contradicts why Steam created the refund system) OR make customers pay transaction fees(which I don't think consumers would be too happy about this). Well, if the transaction fees are really part of the decision that was made...

To add, its because of these Fees that some retailers dont take some credit cards. For example when I work at Sam's Club we did not take Visa. We took Visa debit, but we could not process a Visa card under credit. I heard Wal Mart Canada is doing the same thing, not taking Visa. Thats also why when you buy gas in Michigan you pay 10 cents extra a gallon if you pay with a card. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

17 hours ago, No said:

i liked them :c

i just need 5 more dollars ;-:

I wish I could help ya with that last $5 man, I really do. t-t

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

I wish I could help ya with that last $5 man, I really do. t-t

:( its  whatever tho i wont even be home til august

3 hours ago, No said:

:( its  whatever tho i wont even be home til august

Waah...where are you that it won't matter?!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Picked up Transformers: Devastation and Electronic Super Joy. Good start.  

This is going to be the first summer sale I have not made a purchase. Its kinda a weak sale. I was hoping Killing Floor 2 would drop to around $15, I guess not. Im considering picking up Sonic the Hedgehog 2 however. I like classic games. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

What game have you bought and bang for the buck !

and share with me your TOP 5 wishlist 

tq!!

4 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

what steam sale is it?

what season is it? :P

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

what season is it? :P

summer. i was tooking in games steam suggests for me have you herd of the witcher 3 wild hunt?

Im tempered to buy the Pajama Sam bundle for some reason. Other than that, there's Stardew Valley but its only 20% off so its not a steal, and I might pick up some dlc for The Escapist.