US government shuts down after Congress fails to pass funding bill

CyberneticTitan

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/1/4789506/us-government-shuts-down-after-house-fails-to-pass-funding-bill

BVdk-7dCUAAtyWE.png-large.png

The US government shut down at midnight, after House Republicans refused to budge on their effort to link the passage of the 2014 federal budget to a delay in the implementation of health care reform. When they wake up this morning, 800,000 workers — about 40 percent of the government's civilian work force — will be temporarily out of a job, while 1 million federal employees will be asked to work without pay.

All I can say is: Dayum.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/1/4789506/us-government-shuts-down-after-house-fails-to-pass-funding-bill

well... fuck

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Gg america

As an Independent, I'm mad at both parties. At republicans for going too far this time, and at Obama and his cohorts not really trying to work with them and just saying "it's the republican's fault" every darn time throughout the years so he can cover his arse when something is about to happen or might make him look bad. It's really sad when all he does is cop out most of the time instead of saying "lets work this out." These are the two main things that piss me off about our supreme rulers right now.

I sure love having a bunch of gradeschool drama running amuck in our government. 

As an Independent, I'm mad at both parties. At republicans for going too far this time, and at Obama and his cohorts not really trying to work with them and just saying "it's the republican's fault" every darn time throughout the years so he can cover his arse when something is about to happen or might make him look bad. It's really sad when all he does is cop out most of the time instead of saying "lets work this out." These are the two main things that piss me off about our supreme rulers right now.

I sure love having a bunch of gradeschool drama running amuck in our government.

That was a hell of a response from me saying Gg lol.

Move to New Zealand everything's great here.

Typical, we've never really known how to run a country, this proves it to the world all over again.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I hope this doesn't affect me as a Canadian :D

I still say we have it worse. When was the last time we had a majority government?

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

Obama specializes in the Blame Game. I'm not sure he's ever moved an inch on one of his policies.

I still say we have it worse. When was the last time we had a majority government?

+ the fact that Canadian government does shit all

+ the fact that Canadian government does shit all

And the little Green Party of Canada that really only ever complains about not being invited to debates.

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

It wasn't aimed at you, it was just venting and pointing out what I've noticed.

No thanks,  I'm gonna make my own country, with blackjack and hookers

Yeah I know, the way I wrote that post sounds like I was attacking you, hard to communicate amusement over the Internet haha

Yeah I know, the way I wrote that post sounds like I was attacking you, hard to communicate amusement over the Internet haha

I know you were showing amusement, I was just still a little pissed at the grand poo taken on us 'Mericans.

Obama specializes in the Blame Game. I'm not sure he's ever moved an inch on one of his policies.

I'll be honest, I voted for the guy because he seemed to be more in touch with my idea of what the US should be like, at the time, and the Repubs were being a bunch of panzies and kept on changing their ways to fit in with what "the church" wants, which was, in my mind, starting to become an integration of Church and state. I knew that no matter what, we would still be bent over and taking it like $2 hooker.

I'll be honest, I voted for the guy because he seemed to be more in touch with my idea of what the US should be like, at the time, and the Repubs were being a bunch of panzies and kept on changing their ways to fit in with what "the church" wants, which was, in my mind, starting to become an integration of Church and state. I knew that no matter what, we would still be bent over and taking it like $2 hooker.

Republicans = out of touch with the people

Democrats    = out of touch with reality

Republicans = out of touch with the people

Democrats    = out of touch with reality

Time for a 3rd party to get big, even if it takes a decade.

No, you don't want a third party. Trust me.

Military men and women will not get paid, but yet if they fail to do their duty they will be court marshaled. 800 thousand federal workers will be told not to come to work tomorrow. The shit-politicians in congress and senate will still get paid. They will continue to get full medical and retirement pay. They will continue to exclude themselves from the consequences of their incompetence(most bills passed like obamacare have a clause that says politicians are exempt from following that law). Government is the only job where you can fail to meet deadlines and waste trillions of dollars and still keep your job. ITS PATHETIC, THEY SHOULD BE STONED!

Political parties are the problem.

Here is what the founding fathers thought of political parties.

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”

GEORGE WASHINGTON, Farewell Address, September 17, 1796

"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution." John Adams

They were right!