Cricket Wireless has a Nationwide Outage

PaulKolby

i have cricket wireless and i have never had a problem and they have the same coverage as at&t so ive been happy with them, but today they have had a nationwide outage which is very strange. It has been going on since early afternoon.

article: http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/06/03/news/cricket-atandt-wireless-suffer-widespread-cellphone-outage/1355.html

thought u guys might be interested

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

huh, i thought this was happening for a while, because my dad's phone service wasn't working for a while.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

doesn't Cricket use T-Mobile's and AT&T's lines?

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

I've been on WiFi all day so I didn't notice. That's crazy though, I remember the last AT&T outage a few months ago and it was painful because my internet was also out because AT&T uses my ISP for their backbone around here. The outage was almost a whole day so I was stuck on a 4G Hotspot with FreedomPop and re-watching stuff on my NAS.

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

switch to ting :)

#adsonlinustechtipswork

but tings coverage isnt as good :D

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

wut u mean, we use At&t-t-mobile's towers

Where I live it has better service than verison (alabama)

oh i didnt think they were with at&t oops i thought they were just tmobile :D

1 minute ago, PaulKolby said:

oh i didnt think they were with at&t oops i thought they were just tmobile :D

its great, i like it

I pay 18 bucks a month :D 

Thekdub introduced me 2 it

its great, i like it

I pay 18 bucks a month :D 

Thekdub introduced me 2 it

how much data? cause i pay $35 for 2.5 gigs 

12 minutes ago, PaulKolby said:

i have cricket wireless and i have never had a problem and they have the same coverage as at&t so ive been happy with them, but today they have had a nationwide outage which is very strange. It has been going on since early afternoon.

article: http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/06/03/news/cricket-atandt-wireless-suffer-widespread-cellphone-outage/1355.html

Stop with the trump memes. they're not funny.

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

i bearly use data so $3 bucks for 100mb

it says 2.5 is about 36 dollers

lol its like the same so ill just stick with cricket if it works :D

Happened yesterday, my phone was affected but my parent's weren't. So I though my phone had problems. Did a hard reset still didn't work. Took out SIM card and try on my HTC, same thing. Could it be SIM card, was about to go to them, so they can give me another one. Then I saw this thread. So it was cricket all along then.

I pay $50 for 5GB  

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

@PaulKolbyT-Mobile has better coverage than AT&T or Verizon. (sorry for weird quote can't figure out how to delete it in mobile.)

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

23 hours ago, PaulKolby said:

23 hours ago, xTrixieHD said:

Stop with the trump memes. they're not funny.

10 FEET HIGHER.

On the real though, let's not stray off-topic by criticizing someone's profile pic which they brought no attention to themselves.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

3 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

@PaulKolbyT-Mobile has better coverage than AT&T or Verizon. (sorry for weird quote can't figure out how to delete it in mobile.)

tmobile doesnt have better coverage than at&t tmobile isnt bad and they have gotten much better but at&t has the most coverage im pretty sure

6 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

In what universe? AT&T and Verizon still easily destroy TMO in voice/3g coverage. LTE on Tmobile is only just now catching up, but they are still in third.

Specs:

7 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

I doubt that's accurate T-Mobile is generally right behind Verizon and AT&T but that's not coverage and T-Mobile doesn't have the most coverage at all. The top is Verizon has the best speed, AT&T has the best coverage, and T-Mobile is less of both but not terrible and cheaper 

42 minutes ago, PaulKolby said:

I doubt that's accurate T-Mobile is generally right behind Verizon and AT&T but that's not coverage and T-Mobile doesn't have the most coverage at all. The top is Verizon has the best speed, AT&T has the best coverage, and T-Mobile is less of both but not terrible and cheaper 

Why wouldn't it be accurate? Speedtest.net is the most used internet speedtest service (AFAIK) and is quite accurate from my experience. In PCMag's test, T-Mobile came right behind Verizon, and that test was done nearly a year ago. T-Mobile has doubled it's coverage over the course of last year, while Verizon hasn't done much at all.

Specs:

9 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

Speed is not coverage. Notice how that says "strongest in the urban Northeast and Western cities" meaning in rural areas or along major highways where people actually NEED mobile devices out in the middle of the country, they are still shit.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tmobile for everything they have done with pricing structures, but for actual usability they are still a far third.