NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 3DMark Firestrike Benchmark Results Leaked - beats 980ti and Fury X

Mr_Troll
1 minute ago, Thony said:

I reacted to your talk about watercooling the card, not using stupid sub zero for daily use. Anyway, u want to argue so keep it up. Im out.

zika hit the uk early eh?

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Just now, Thony said:

I reacted to your talk about watercooling the card, not using stupid sub zero for daily use. Anyway, u want to argue so keep it up. Im out.

Nowhere did I say anything about watercooling the card, nor did I say anything about sub zero for daily use.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

12 minutes ago, Gofspar said:

nice hwbot points kid, I don't see any.

Wheres Jay's LN2 and DICE subs?

Jay cant even clock a K|NGP|N on ambient without crying to Vince cause It doesn't scale with 999999 volts on air and blames the card.

U are very nice person. I never mentioned LN2 so don't bring it up.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, ChrisCross said:

thats exactly the point. they dont want benchmarks with old drivers out there!

And that's exactly why this is only "leaked" and not a full blown review with other game benchmark on it. That and the embargo is still on right now too. People just craving for some info and someone could just leak it so.

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

3 minutes ago, Lays said:

Nowhere did I say anything about watercooling the card, nor did I say anything about sub zero for daily use.

I apologise !! I quoted the wrong person ! My bad :(

I take everything back, silly mistake. Someone else mentioned watercooling and 3Ghz..

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Megazero said:

And that's exactly why this is only "leaked" and not a full blown review with other game benchmark on it. That and the embargo is still on right now too. People just craving for some info and someone could just leak it so.

there arent drivers! why do you think all people show it outside of a pc?

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

1 hour ago, Mr_Troll said:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 3DMark Overclocked Performance

Can someone explain to me why the Fury X is under the 980 TI when it beats it in the 2 most demanding scenarios?

PS: why would you compare an overclocked card to stock cards... That's just dumb overclock all cards and see where it actually stands.

there arent drivers! why do you think all people show it outside of a pc?

Like I said even if there's no OPTIMIZED driver there must be some kind of driver that can still run it. For example how do you think review copies of games prior to the release date can be play? It's not optimized but it can still be play, just that on the release date when Nvidia update driver to support those game it will run better. Why do you think Nvidia will just give them a 1080 since 6th May and tell them "You cant use it yet since it dont have driver, better wait until 16th May when we release the driver for you to benchmark it"?

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

Just now, Megazero said:

they send it early so everybody has it before the launch in case of delivering problems (we had that before).

of course nvidia has a driver but the reviewers dont. im just mad at all the people who generate clicks with rumors misleading people. just wait and see how the performance is.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

they send it early so everybody has it before the launch in case of delivering problems (we had that before).

of course nvidia has a driver but the reviewers dont. im just mad at all the people who generate clicks with rumors misleading people. just wait and see how the performance is.

I also dont think all the benchmark, rendering and other things can be done in 1 day if they still dont have driver now (It's already friday, next work day is monday 16th and 17th is the end of embargo), but well...

It's not like we have any other option than waiting anyway LOL. Ofc everything right now is rumor, just treat it as such and dont trust it too much but also dont dismiss it right away, just have fun with it. 4 more days until we know the truth~

23 minutes ago, Megazero said:

Like I said even if there's no OPTIMIZED driver there must be some kind of driver that can still run it. For example how do you think review copies of games prior to the release date can be play? It's not optimized but it can still be play, just that on the release date when Nvidia update driver to support those game it will run better. Why do you think Nvidia will just give them a 1080 since 6th May and tell them "You cant use it yet since it dont have driver, better wait until 16th May when we release the driver for you to benchmark it"?

Yes there is. Nvidia's been making driver updates for both Pascal and Volta since November. http://wccftech.com/nvidia-pascal-volta-gpus-supported-geforce-drivers-adds-support-vulkan-api/

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

If these are true then OH MA GOWD!!!

Those numbers are very good indeed, it shows that Jen wasn't lying when he said a 1080 beats a Titan X however I still don't see how a 1080 is faster than 2 980s?

Hurry up this weekend so the NDA can end and we can see some  reputable benchmarks early next week :D

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Remember to not trust reviews until the NDA is over.

Super impressive numbers if they are true, but they might not be accurate at all.

According to Nvidia they have improved support for DX12 by including better support for async compute so we should see the gap be even bigger in games that use it.

they said the same thing about maxwell, but still havent delivered.

i fear that Nvidia didnt aim for Async computing, and focused on a gpu architecture that still only support software async computing :/ 

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

fake hype, unless you buy a 1080 that does 2.1 ghz guaranteed you are wasting your money if you are upgrading

2 hours ago, ChrisCross said:

its bs there are no drivers out yet.

Wasn't Paulshardware playing doom with the 1080?

1 hour ago, Megazero said:

dont think so. you have a link?

2 hours ago, Gofspar said:

nice hwbot points kid, I don't see any.

Wheres Jay's LN2 and DICE subs?

Jay cant even clock a K|NGP|N on ambient without crying to Vince cause It doesn't scale with 999999 volts on air and blames the card.

Dam'n you're salty af

47 minutes ago, deviant88 said:

fake hype, unless you buy a 1080 that does 2.1 ghz guaranteed you are wasting your money if you are upgrading

Completely off topic, but I found myself watching your avatar for about five minutes!

3 hours ago, Megazero said:

... really? a 24% increase in performance when OC compare to no-OC @@?

If the graph is to be trusted the OCed one will have ~ 56% performance increase compare to Titan X, 63% compare to 980Ti, which is quite nice

I hope 1070 will be only around 10% less performance compare to 1080

hey! ...you can overclock a 980ti to the sky as well...i'm running my card at 1460mhz...the reference clock speed of the GTX 980ti (at which those test were performed) is 1075mhz.

Therefore i'm running a +35% overclock...and there are many 980ti that can clock upward of 1500mhz.

And they listed the GTX 1080 @ 9 Terflops and Gddr5X memory, and the 1070 is 6.5 teroflops with GDDR5...so right there you have -28% compute and i don't exactly know how much less memory bandwidth that means...but it's a decent chunk slower on the memory as well...so 10% slower ain't hapenning...it will be more like -25%.

So, from these numbers it would look like the GTX 1080 is around 25% faster than a GTX 980ti...and the GTX 1070 would be around the same performance as the last gen flagship...which make sence, it's a lot more energy efficient...it support newer technologies, it's smaller will be quieter, cooler and is also quite a bit cheaper!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

27 minutes ago, crystal6tak said:

If these numbers are true then sweet! My overclocked 980 Ti and those of many others can keep up with stock 1080. 

exactly

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3 hours ago, Prysin said:

seems like clock to performance scaling is good. However i wish they would tell us how much more power it needs.

They have said the 1080 will be at around 180Watt. That was said at the convention. I heard the 1070 will have 130-150Watt

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

They have said the 1080 will be at around 180Watt. That was said at the convention. I heard the 1070 will have 130-150Watt

TDP and actual power consumption are two different things.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

TDP and actual power consumption are two different things.

Very True.