Microsoft HoloLens Dev Kit $3000!!!

Go to solution Solved by james3141,

By the way are you sure that is called halolens ?You should change the thread name a d the name inside your post.

You also need tons of certiffication from Microsoft to even try to get one. Still pissed I almost got in to try them, I hate being 13

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

Super old news.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Not only is this old news but that's not very expensive. The Xbox 360 dev kit was like 10k

By the way are you sure that is called halolens ?You should change the thread name a d the name inside your post.

6 hours ago, james3141 said:

True! lol 

9 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Not only is this old news but that's not very expensive. The Xbox 360 dev kit was like 10k

never said it was too expensive but xbox is a completely different product where developers are more than likely to be established and have the cash and the mass market for them to make it worth while. where this has the potential to get smaller "bedroom" developers making cool apps for it.  rift was 350, vive was free, glass was 1800 so its more comparable to those than xbox. i agree its not an absolutely outrageous price, but i do think it should have been priced more approachable considering the unknown/new market of AR. 

14 minutes ago, benmarin said:

never said it was too expensive but xbox is a completely different product where developers are more than likely to be established and have the cash and the mass market for them to make it worth while. where this has the potential to get smaller "bedroom" developers making cool apps for it.  rift was 350, vive was free, glass was 1800 so its more comparable to those than xbox. i agree its not an absolutely outrageous price, but i do think it should have been priced more approachable considering the unknown/new market of AR. 

It's Holographic tech. They've spent billions developing it. They need to get their money back somehow

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

26 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

It's Holographic tech. They've spent billions developing it. They need to get their money back somehow

They will get that investment back only if gets adopted in mainstream, and a good way to do that is for developers to make awesome apps for it. Selling it to developers wont make up for all that spending lol. Selling it to corporations and consumers will, and they will only adopt it if there are awesome apps for it. So its a giant circle haha But Im looking forward to see where it goes because it does look really amazing.  

5 minutes ago, benmarin said:

They will get that investment back only if gets adopted in mainstream, and a good way to do that is for developers to make awesome apps for it. Selling it to developers wont make up for all that spending lol. Selling it to corporations and consumers will, and they will only adopt it if there are awesome apps for it. So its a giant circle haha But Im looking forward to see where it goes because it does look really amazing.  

Companies are already using it. Look at Lowe's in Washington already. And with what they've said it can do, it will most certainly be adopted and might become the biggest revolution. One day, we might have Microsoft HoloContacts. The stuff it can do would change the world

Spoiler

AXIOM

27 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

Companies are already using it. Look at Lowe's in Washington already. And with what they've said it can do, it will most certainly be adopted and might become the biggest revolution. One day, we might have Microsoft HoloContacts. The stuff it can do would change the world

yeah completely agree! I would be so down for some HoloContacts !