PTU 2.2 + updates

Krml

Just scroll down and read :D

Star Citizen Patch v2.2.0

Alpha Patch 2.2.0 has been released to PTU, and is now available for player testing. This patch provides access to our new flyable Sabre, the hangar-ready Khartu-al, our new Hostility, Monitored Zone and Bounty systems as well as tweaks to our FPS animations, new fps weapons, and numerous fixes across the game. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should should show “2.2.0-323338” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 PTU Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• There are red-gold lights surrounding the major space stations on Crusader, which is distorting visuals in the areas.
  • Ship engines can sometimes become stuck at 10 m/s even when in SCM mode.
  • The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is not currently being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.
  • Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
  • EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics is having issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.
    • We highly recommend using a ship with a cockpit if you have one available, or using the test Sabre.

New Features

Star Systems:

Crusader
  • The scale of the system has adjusted, the planet Crusader and moons are at a more appropriate distance from one another.
    • Comm Arrays have been re-positioned accordingly.
    • Comm Array 8 has been removed.
    • The Comm Arrays have been changed drastically as part of the new Monitored Space and Bounty systems and no longer unlock Research missions.
    • For the time being, Research Missions are now offered to characters who visit ICC Probe 849.
      • ICC probe 849 is now on the QT Nav Points list.
  • There are three new icons on the player visor HUD while in Crusader.
    • An icon will appear in the top-left of your screen when you are in Monitored space.
      • This icon looks like a satellite sending off little signals.
    • To the right of Monitored Space, there is an icon to indicate when you are in an Armistice Zone.
      • This icon looks like a bullet with a line through it.
    • To the right of the Armistice Zone icon, an icon will appear if you are a wanted criminal.
      • This icon looks like a shooting range target, with a border that will become incrementally more orange with each Criminal level.

Game Systems:

Your efforts repairing Comm Arrays in Crusader have not gone unnoticed by Crusader Industries!

Monitored Space System
  • “Monitored” space are large areas of the Crusader system that are being actively monitored by Crusader Industries. These areas are centered around any active Comm Arrays in Crusader, as well as Cryo-Astro and Port Olisar.
  • By disabling the Comm Arrays, you can toggle monitored space off for that area. Likewise you can reactivate “Monitoring” by activating the local Comm Arrays.
  • Comm Arrays will be active or disabled at-random when a instance is first brought up.
    • Disabling a Comm Array has consequences, because no-one except a Criminal would ever want to go unnoticed by Crusader Industries.
  • Players who are not currently considered a “Criminal” will receive missions for any Comm Arrays that need to be reactivated.
  • Player character kills made in unmonitored space will go unnoticed by local authorities.
Bounty System
  • In an effort to improve security in the Crusader region while their local staffing is low, Crusader Industries has activated their “Bounty” system and encourages all pilots to hunt down any wanted criminals in their space.
  • Destroying an empty ship, colliding with a landed ship (in Monitored space), or disabling a Comm Array gives the offending character 1 level of Wanted Criminal.
    • However, these are not cumulative and will not take your character above 1 Criminal level.
  • Killing a player character or destroying an occupied ship (in Monitored space) gives 1 Cumulative level of Criminal.
  • Crusader Security AI will spawn and attack any Criminal (of any wanted level), that enters the area around Cry-Astro Station or Port Olisar.
  • There are 5 Criminal levels available. At Level 5 point, a global bounty mission is posted to all characters on the server instructing them to hunt down and kill the character.
    • Players who successfully complete the bounty mission for a Level 5 Criminal will find a Klaus & Werner ATT4 Energy rifle waiting for them in their bedroom on Port Olisar. Courtesy of Crusader Industries.
  • Each Criminal level adds 30 seconds of “jail time” to your respawn. When a Criminal is killed, they will be locked into their spawn-bedroom for the duration of their penalty time.
  • When a Level 5 Criminal is killed, they are removed from the server.
    • This functionality is for the purposes of testing of the system, as consequences within current game systems is limited.
  • There are only two ways to reduce your Criminal level.
    • Waiting 10 minutes without committing a crime will naturally reduce the level by 1.
    • There is a console in Security Post Kareah that you can “hack”. Each hack you initiate and complete drops your wanted level by 1.
      • However, each hack takes 1 minutes to complete, and other criminals can interrupt your hack by initiating their own.
Hostility System
  • Pirates and Crusader Security now recognize potential friends and foes.
    • Pirates will spawn to protect disabled Comm Arrays from non-Criminals.
    • Crusader Security will spawn to protect active Comm Arrays from Criminals.
    • Both will become much more aggressive toward anyone who takes action toward them.
  • When a character initiates combat with another character, the aggressor is flagged as “hostile” to the defender.
    • Defenders do not receive a penalty or a Wanted Criminal level for killing a player that initiated combat in Monitored Space.

Hot damn that sounds great!

Any word on the server side FPS issues?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

10 hours ago, Wauthar said:

And now comes the age old question: how long will it take for it to be published to Live? :P 

Yeah, they have some stuff to do with the PTU. hopefully not too long, I want to try this

PTU 2.2.0a is out, full redownload

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0a

Alpha Patch 2.2.0a has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-323743” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 PTU Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• There are red-gold lights surrounding the major space stations on Crusader, which is distorting visuals in the areas.
  • The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is not currently being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.
  • Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.
  • EVA’ing back into a ship with interior physics is having issues such as permanent ragdoll and death.
    • We highly recommend using a ship with a cockpit if you have one available, or using the test Sabre.

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

ArcCorp, Area 18

• Fixed an issue where texture conflicts were occurring with a wall across from the trash incinerator.
  • Fixed an issue with a ceiling fan in Cubby Blast was placed outside of its alcove.

Crusader

• Fixed a lighting issue in Kareah Security Station where the station was very dark in multiple areas.
  • Fixed an issue with the quest “Tips and Tricks to Surviving Your Death Warrant” where the quest text was abruptly cutoff.
  • The ATT-4 laser rifle now spawns in your bedroom once you have completed the mission “Public Enemy Declared”.

Hangar

• Fixed issue in Revel and York Hangar where the calendar was reflecting off the wall.
  • Fixed an issue with the liquor cabinet dropping in and out of view for a player, depending on players distance from the cabinet.

Game Systems:

• Fixed an issue that was allowing Star Marine to show up as active to players in the Electronic Access menu.
    • We appreciate everyone quickly reporting this to us!
  • Fixed an issue where the AI spawns during some of the research missions were in an idle state instead of engaging players.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where the joystick and throttle were not animating correctly for the Pilot when flying the Sabre.
  • Shields on the Sabre have been fixed so they now correctly appear on all sides.
  • Fixed an issue where switching between SCM and Precision mode was breaking SCM mode for most ships.
    • Please report on Issue Council if any ship still has this problem.
  • Fixed an issue where “Replaceme” textures were showing up on the M50.

Technical:

• Fixed several server crashes.
  • Fixed a client crash.

19 hours ago, Albatross said:

Hot damn that sounds great!

Any word on the server side FPS issues?

I seem to be getting some better FPS in the PTU but at the current cost of Lag but I think thats down to having new features as well as 24 players instead of 16.  Hopefully the lag should be fixed soon and it will be pushed out to live quickly (I can only hope!)

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

3 hours ago, abyss03 said:

I seem to be getting some better FPS in the PTU but at the current cost of Lag but I think thats down to having new features as well as 24 players instead of 16.  Hopefully the lag should be fixed soon and it will be pushed out to live quickly (I can only hope!)

Cool!

I hope I can at least get 33+ FPS with my R9 280. One day I went from 40-46 to a drop of....12-20! :ph34r:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0b

Alpha Patch 2.2.0b has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-324226” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Important Issues:

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where the audio for activating/deactivating a Comms Array could be heard across the solar system.
  • Fixed an issue where players would become stuck in their bedroom upon spawning into Crusader.
  • Increased quantity of asteroids in Yela.

Game Systems:

• Player will now be kicked from server if they have a criminal level of 5 and kill themselves.
  • Fixed an issue where passengers in a non-multicrew ship were being ejected when ship went into quantum travel.
  • Fixed an issue where the player hostility respawn timer would freeze if the players wanted level was reduced before the timer finished.
  • Fixed a collision issue where players could potentially clip through solid objects.
  • Fixed an issue where the FPS weapon targeting reticle would stop displaying while in EVA mode.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where entering a ship with interior physics via EVA had a high chance of killing the player.
  • Fixed an issue where there was too much glare on the Sabre Cockpit window.
  • Fixed an issue where killing a Sabre in Arena Commander was not giving kill credit.
  • Fixed an issue where the Constellation missile pods could be mounted on any ship.
  • Fixed an issue where the pilot would be stuck in their seat if the copilot exited their seat in the Cutlass first.

First Person:

• Fixed an issue in the Holotable where cooler hardpoints were not displaying correctly for multiple ships, including the Mustang series, Aurora series and the Super Hornet.
  • Fixed an issue where the P4-AR was showing up with “Replaceme” textures from any other perspective.

User Interface:

• Fixed an issue where the UI was not updating correctly when a Comms Array was enabled/disabled.
  • Fixed an issue where quest notification text would not go away in AR (F10).

Technical:

• Fixed several client crashes.
  • Fixed several server crashes.

9 hours ago, Wauthar said:

I am positively surprised that the a and b patches came so fast already :D

Me too...I like seeing how the game picks up its pace.

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0c

Alpha Patch 2.2.0c has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-234858” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Public client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Public.

Important Issues:

• The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is appearing somewhat untextured in-game.
  • The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is being awarded to all players on the server.
  • The Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol cannot be picked up from players bedroom.
    • When attempting to pick up the Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol, the players arm animation twists in a weird angle.
    • When the pickup animation is complete, the pistol will remain floating at waist level next to the character.

Contents:

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

• Fixed several texture conflicts in and around Jobwell in ArcCorp.
  • Fixed an issue where a medpack in the Medical Unit was not displaying the right name when in AR mode (F10).
  • Fixed an issue where characters could not view mobiGlas while a FPS weapon was drawn.

Game Systems:

• Fixed an issue where quantum travel targets where obstructed for no reason, for the Gladius and Hornet.
  • Updated the point-value of several ships in Arena Commander.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where Auroras (all) appeared grey and were missing paint.
  • Fixed an issue where the countermeasure launchers on the Avenger (all) where missing detail levels.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sabre would lose all power to thrusters when its shields were recharging.
  • Adjusted the rotational speed of the Sabre to bring it more on-par with Hornets.
  • Slightly decreased the overall strength of the default shields for the Vanguard Warden.
  • Fixed an issue where the Revenant Gatling ammunition could be used on the Mantis Gatling.

First Person:

• Fixed an issue where users could rotate their camera, such that they could see down the neck of their character.
  • Fixed an issue with the EVA thrusters would occasionally disappear from characters in Crusader.
  • Fixed an issue where the helmet flashlight would become visible in the characters field of view when running.
  • Fixed an issue where characters would jerk and snap around when exiting vehicles into zero gravity.
  • The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is now correctly being awarded to players that kill a Level 5 Criminal.

Technical:

• Fixed an issue where the users would sometimes crash to desktop with an assertion error.
  • Fixed an issue where the users would sometimes crash to desktop with a CryAnimation Error.
  • Fixed a number of client crashes.
  • Fixed a number of server crashes.

They are crushing it with the pace of these patches! and I can't wait to get my hands on the sabre.

@lock545, How You doing man..I've seen your BR stats...nice man. Yeah they are keeping us happy. :D

@Krml Doing fine man, just killing time at work. And thanks, I've been playing it quite a lot lol. Very addictive.

Yeah time runs fast and...one more round..one more round :P

Don't get cought :D

Awesome. For a guy with 4 ships, I FINALLY have one in the hangar I can see!

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Ships, Listed in Order of Use:
- Cutlass (blue)
- Endeavor
- Reliant (can be upgraded)

whats the 4th one @drewjn? Khartu-al? Sabre?

edited: Ahh I didnt see Crucible...need glasses :/

@Krml

I don't own the crucible yet (plan to get first thing in PTU). I switched reliant to the Khartu-al.

I believe I bought some cheapo add-on ship a while back, but could be wrong; also easily remedied, if interested in something enough to drop more money on it.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0d

Alpha Patch 2.2.0d has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-325088” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Important Issues:

• The Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle is being awarded to all players on the server.
  • The Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol cannot be picked up from players bedroom.
    • When attempting to pick up the Gemini LH-86 Combustion Pistol, the players arm animation twists in a weird angle.
    • When the pickup animation is complete, the pistol will remain floating at waist level next to the character.

Updates and Fixes

First Person:

• Fixed an issue where the Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle was appearing somewhat untextured.
  • Added a Outlaw light loadout to Crusader, for players with Wanted Criminal levels.
    • Players who die in Crusader with at least 1 level of Wanted Criminal, will respawn in the Outlaw light loadout.

Technical:

• Fixed several client crashes.

Soon your title will be too long to make sense with all these updates :P

How about 2.2 PTU general/main thread? 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

42 minutes ago, Wauthar said:

Soon your title will be too long to make sense with all these updates :P

How about 2.2 PTU general/main thread? 

Yeah I was planning to do that with next comming update, U read my mind Wauthar lol