PTU 2.2 + updates

Krml

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0e

Alpha Patch 2.2.0e has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-325510” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 PTU Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue that was preventing characters from picking up the Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle at the end of the PI Wanted mission.

Game Systems:

• Fix for Gilly remaining stationary at the end of Chapter 4, preventing transition into Chapter 5 of the Tutorial.
  • Criminals at Level 5 Wanted will not see the option to Quantum Travel to Port Olisar.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where the Sabre would lose a wing after being summoned to Port Olisar.

First Person:

• Fixed an issue where the LH-86 Ballistic Pistol would not be completely picked up by your character.
  • Fix for everyone on the server getting an Klaus & Werner ATT4 energy rifle.

Technical:

• Fixed a number of client crashes.

And how to you get access to PTU again? It goes with your UEE number, right?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

And how to you get access to PTU again? It goes with your UEE number, right?

This time they've changed it up a bit. It goes in waves with #1 being active Issue Council members until #5 being people who have played 2 or more PTU patches in the last 3 months. 

At this moment I'm not sure on which wave they are though... 

EDIT: I found the actual schedule

We’ll use this format starting with the 2.2.0 publish to PTU:

Wave One (6,000 invites): Approximately 1,000 accounts from participating on Issue Council with one New Report and one Contribution, plus 5,000 accounts who have played more than five PTU builds in the last three months.

Wave Two (12,000 additional invites, 18,000 total): 12,000 accounts who have played three to five PTU builds in the last three months.

Wave Three (16,000 additional invites, 34,000 total): 16,000 accounts who have played two PTU builds.

Wave Four (80,000 additional invites, 114,000 total): 80,000 accounts who have played one PTU build in the last three months.

Wave Five: Open to all.

Edited by Wauthar

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0f

Alpha Patch 2.2.0f has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-325794” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Please review our current list of 2.2.0 PTU Known Issues FAQ, and take full advantage of our Issue Council area of the Community site to report any bugs you encounter, as well as contribute to other players submissions.

Important Issues:

• Characters who die at Criminal Wanted level of 4 respawn without loadout.

Updates and Fixes

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where NPC’s in ArcCorp and Million Mile High Club were missing arms and hands.
  • Added a second, heavier “Outlaw” loadout that players will respawn in, if they die as a Level 4 outlaw.
  • Fixed an issue where some of the lights on Security Post Kareah had “Replace Me” textures.

Game Systems:

• Fixed an issue where EVA boosting (“Shift” key) was not functioning.
  • Fixed an issue where chunks of geometry in Broken Moon would become attached to a player ship and move around the map.
  • Fixed an issue where “Wanted level” decay was not resetting when a new crime was committed.
  • Fixed an issue where crashing your own Constellation Andromeda or Cutlass Black (without hitting other ships) would give a wanted level.

Ships:

• Shield recharge rates on ships have been adjusted to help balance ships following the component revamp.

First Person:

• Made some cosmetic adjustments to the Outlaw loadout in Crusader.
  • Fixed some animation issues on the Combustion Pistol

Technical:

• Fixed several client crashes.

Yeah. Patch 2.2.0g released last night too, I shall leave that to you to add on :D 

Ryzen 7  2700x | 16GB RAM | GTX 2080ti EVGA | Noctua LTT Edition D15 | Inwin 303 White | Roccat Suora | Logitech G903 Wireless| AKG K92 |

Star Citizen Linus Tech Tips Conglomerate Wolf Pack, Bane Wing Commander | LTTC Discord Chat | About the UOLTT | Referral Code Randomiser

There may or may not be a mop in my profile picture, don't ask about the mop... Just Look Here

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0g

Alpha Patch 2.2.0g has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-326078” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Important Issues:

• If you’re experiencing a crash when going into or during Quantum Travel, delete any .cfg files that are in your Test folder. If you add settings via a custom user.cfg, return them with caution until you are certain none of them are affecting performance.
  • Ship geometry can very occasionally disappear or turn invisible.
  • Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where the Audio in Crusader was missing certain bass elements.
  • Fixed an issue where players would experience desync after EVA’ing.
  • Fixed an issue where the oldest ship on Crusader would despawn even if in use, if a 17th ship was called for on Port Olisar.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where the Freelancer had incorrect mass values.
  • Fixed an issue where the Retaliator and Constellation turret fire would be offset from the aimed direction.
  • Fixed an issue where the Mustang ladder does not appear or deploy when the player climbs into the ship.
  • Fixed an issue where the Cutlass Black turret would not fire.

First Person:

• Fixed an issue where the LH-86 Combustion Pistol wouldn’t respawn after being picked up and relogging.
  • Fixed an issue where the Crusader marine loadout was missing suit thrusters.
  • Fixed an issue where the Marine loadout was missing hair.

User Interface:

• Fixed an issue where repairs made to a ship would not update the ship HUD hologram.

1 hour ago, abyss03 said:

Yeah. Patch 2.2.0g released last night too, I shall leave that to you to add on :D 

Damn, its hard to keep up after them :D thanks for the tip Abyss.

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0h

Alpha Patch 2.2.0h has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-326283” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Important Issues:

• If you’re experiencing a crash when going into or during Quantum Travel, delete any .cfg files that are in your Test folder. If you add settings via a custom user.cfg, please do so only with extreme caution.
  • Ship geometry can very occasionally disappear or turn invisible.

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where some of the doors in ArcCorp and Million Mile High Club would malfunction.
  • Increased the maximum player ship count of Crusader from 16 to 24.

Game Systems:

• Fixed an issue where Criminals with Wanted Level 5 were kicked from the server before their death animation had even played.
  • Fixed an issue where the magazine for the P4-AR was missing, both in-game and when reloading.
  • Fixed an issue where single-seat ship animations for the pilot were activating too soon after starting to enter the ship.

Technical:

• Fixed some issues around network desyncing in Crusader and EVA.

Ugh, I can't wait for it to go out for the rest of us. I haven't been able to even play with the FPS issues, but it sounds like I might have to get over 20fps if it means testing out the new features/changes.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

Ugh, I can't wait for it to go out for the rest of us. I haven't been able to even play with the FPS issues, but it sounds like I might have to get over 20fps if it means testing out the new features/changes.

Yeah I can't wait either...FPS in PU right? Sometimes a have a feeling I watch a comic book instead of playing :D

Hoping 2.2 hits live this week

3 hours ago, Krml said:

Yeah I can't wait either...FPS in PU right? Sometimes a have a feeling I watch a comic book instead of playing :D

Hoping 2.2 hits live this week

Yea, in PU. Performance is so terrible. I don't know how long they plan on letting the server side issues persist, but I really hope they deal with them soon. :(

I'll keep my eye on this thread for updates. As cool as the website is, I can't navigate it at all, really. xD

5 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Yea, in PU. Performance is so terrible. I don't know how long they plan on letting the server side issues persist, but I really hope they deal with them soon. :(

I'll keep my eye on this thread for updates. As cool as the website is, I can't navigate it at all, really. xD

Optimalization is not their priority...not at this stage...dont expect a massive optimalization before beta hits in I guess.

Glad somebody You find this thread useful ;)

R U on discord? Havent seen you there - unless you are under a different nick.

3 hours ago, Krml said:

Optimalization is not their priority...not at this stage...dont expect a massive optimalization before beta hits in I guess.

Glad somebody finds this thread useful ;)

R U on discord? Havent seen you there

I understand that, I do. And I don't complain about this game...like at all. But when people with Titans and stuff get 20fps or even 12fps, they need to do something. The community can't respond to their progress if they can't play it. :P

Discord? No, I'm not on it (don't really use those things). And I'm not even in the LTT Org.

Just now, Albatross said:

I understand that, I do. And I don't complain about this game...like at all. But when people with Titans and stuff get 20fps or even 12fps, they need to do something. The community can't respond to their progress if they can't play it. :P

Discord? No, I'm not on it (don't really use those things). And I'm not even in the LTT Org.

I dont know why I have assumed since you are on LTT you would automaticaly be part of our org :D

Yeah they do minimum optimalization but if they want people to test it needs to b playable...I see Your point.

3 hours ago, Krml said:

I dont know why I have assumed since you are on LTT you would automaticaly be part of our org :D

Yeah they do minimum optimalization but if they want people to test it needs to b playable...I see Your point.

It is a fair assumption, I would say. I bet most of the players of SC on this forum are in the LTT org. :P

23 hours ago, Albatross said:

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0i

Alpha Patch 2.2.0i has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU so that we can gather performance data.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-326697” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Important Issues:

• If you’re experiencing a crash when going into or during Quantum Travel, delete any .cfg files that are in your Test folder. If you add settings via a custom user.cfg, please do so only with extreme caution.

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where players would find their ships on Crusader despawning almost as soon as they exited them.
  • Fixed an issue where character loadouts in Crusader would disappear when their ship was despawned.
  • Fixed an issue where characters in Crusader would sometimes have their helmet pop in and out based on distance and graphic level.
  • Fixed an issue where the mobiGlas wrist piece was not lined up properly on the medium Outlaw loadout in Crusader.
  • Fixed a number of bugs around gravity and physic grid transitions in EVA.
  • Fixed an issue where the Jobwell globe in ArcCorp was having some level of detail graphics popping at certain distances.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where the Hornet Ghost would sometimes spawn into Crusader with the top half of the ship damaged.
  • Fixed an issue where 300 series ships were spawning into Crusader with their nose pointed up in the air.
  • Fixed an issue where there was no audio present on the Cutlass Black thrusters.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sabre shields were deflecting most ballistic damage.
  • Fixed an issue with the Sabre wing having problems staying attached when summoned to Port Olisar.

Technical:

• Fixed a client crash.

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0j

Alpha Patch 2.2.0j has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU.

Your launcher should show “2.2.0-327007” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Important Issues:

Star Systems:

• Fixed an issue where the character flashlight wasn’t working in Crusader.
  • Fixed some issues with the 4th and 5th ICC Probe missions in Crusader, where they were frequently failing or uncompletable.
  • Fixed an issue where shooting the foot of another character in Crusader would cause blur effects to appear on screen for the shooter.

Game Systems:

• Fixed a number of remaining issues with Physical EVA transitions, both to and from gravity and ships with interior physics grids.

Ships:

• Fixed an issue where the automated landing for ships was exceedingly slow, particularly in Crusader.
  • Fixed an issue where ships were not accelerating smoothly while in Precision mode.
  • Fixed an issue where ship weapon fire was not “converging” on the target correctly when fired, causing many off-target shots.
  • Fixed an issue where the Sabre’s ship health was too low.
  • Fixed an issue with the Sabre automated landing, such that it should no longer lose the left wing when landing on Port Olisar.

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0k

Alpha Patch 2.2.0k has been released to PTU and is now available for player testing. During this initial testing phase, PTU access will be restricted to a small group of players that we will expand on over time. We have also increased the maximum number of players per instance of Crusader from 16 to 24 on the PTU. Your launcher should show “2.2.0-327304” as the client version. It is strongly recommended that players delete their USER folder for the Test client after patching, particularly if you start encountering any odd character graphical issues or crash on loading. The USER folder can be found (in default installations) at C:\Program Files\Cloud Imperium Games\StarCitizen\Test.

Important Issues:

If you’re experiencing a crash when going into or during Quantum Travel, delete any .cfg files that are in your Test folder. If you add settings via a custom user.cfg, please do so only with extreme caution.

Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

Star Systems:

- Fixed an issue where the loadout flashlight in Crusader would occasionally decide it was part of a rave and flash rapidly.

- Made some additional tweaks to resolve issues with ship weapons projectiles desyncing from the local client in Crusader.

- Made some additional improvements to resolve weapons fire not “converging” on the target correctly when fired.

- Made some additional changes to EVA animations to smooth out some of the transitions.

Technical:

Fixed several client crashes.

Star Citizen Patch 2.2.0L

- Made some additional tweaks to resolve issues with ship weapons projectiles desyncing from the local client in Crusader.

- Made some additional changes to EVA animations to smooth out some of the transitions.

- Fixed an issue where the Retaliator was not able to take off in certain conditions.

- Fixed an issue where Sabres would spawn without part of their left wing.

Wahoo! Live! Finally!

I know that they haven't focused on the server issues but I am so hoping to see an unintentional improvement. Even if by a little. :x

2 hours ago, Albatross said:

Wahoo! Live! Finally!

I know that they haven't focused on the server issues but I am so hoping to see an unintentional improvement. Even if by a little. :x

I had some fun in the baby PU today and FPS wise it's quite stable for me. There were no crashes at all. 

Added to that, I love the new EVA system. It so easy (and cool) to just fly around. 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!