Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I don't have an SSD and its in my plans to slowly upgrade my pc. Moving isn't helping my budget for the pc so this would be a nice corner to cut.

I currently have an ssd in my desktop, but I was looking to buy one for my laptop. It is terribly slow and the ssd will easily speed it up.

Everyone should have an ssd cause waiting on hard drives is stupid.

I'm poor. How did I even make enough to get all of this.

Main build:

Intel i5-3570k, EVGA 980ti (reference), Gigabyte Z77-D3H, 4x8gb DDR3 (1 kit of Corsair, 1 kit of G.skill), Crucial M500 960gb SSD, Seagate 3tb HDD

Backup build:

AMD Phenom II X6 1045t (OC to 3.7ghz) + Cooler Master Hyper TX3, Asus Sabertooth 990FX, NVidia Quadro FX3800, 4x2gb DDR3, 240gb SanDisk Extreme SSD

SSD > My SSHD HYBRID

And everyone should have a ssd because fricking loading screens, always those loading screens. They ruin everything. I want my csgo map to load instand and i dont want to wait 100hours before i can play (i think everyone doesnt want to wait)

With pretty alright specs, the only thing keeping my computer from booting and opening programs fast must be the old hard drive it has. Hoping to install windows on one of these instead!

I could use a better and faster drive because the one I have now is made somewhere in dark ages (ancient times) and it's incredibly slow.

Because I don't have one but I'd love to. Everyone should have one.. well.. because it makes your PC responsive af. 

NO! It's art, it's colonialism and you'll never get it!

I love SSD's they make your boot time from a few minutes to a few seconds when your OS is on the SSD. Games also are boosted in startup time and load time. For serious enthusiasts SSD's are a must have.

I would love an SSD to expand my SSD storage because I already filled my 140Gb SSD with my OS. Thanks for the opportunity.

6 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I would like an SSD for my desktop since I currently do not have one. My computer's boot times can be very temperamental, lasting anywhere between 5 minutes on a good day and 15+ on some days. The inclusion of an SSD would be a possible remedy for this issue.

I have an 11 year old - 80Gb Barracuda drive in my case , even tho i recentley built a new PC , i had to cut my budget for a new HDD and reuse my old 80Gb drive in order to put that money towards a better GPU. Currently that hard drive is killing my performance on my new PC everytime it gets or doesnt get a chance , I desperatly want to win this SSD so i can read/write files at speeds no 80Gb Barracuda has ever read/written before. I pray to god of RNG that i win one of these shiny SSD's.

I would love to have THIS SSD cause it looks pretty darn good. I remember the first time I experienced the difference between an HDD and an SSD boot drive. I think everyone should feel the same! Feels like becoming adult for a second time!

I'm currently running a HDD that has 12,000 hours on it, according to CrystalDiskInfo. It started slowing down years ago and now it's down to a crawl! This SSD would be a huuuge upgrade! 

7 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

PUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I think that everyone should boot of an SSD, even in an old machine, SSDs can help a lot. I make gaming videos and need more storage, also I trust an SSD from you guys will be good #LinusTechTips

6 hours ago, Jasoman said:

6 hours ago, Jasoman said:

insert aech tee em el here or something

A SSD's a great memory storage, it allows for things such as the system to load up in seconds, meaning that it lowers the time waiting, the time wasted, and raises the time actually using the computer, which's a good thing everyone should have, including me.

New to the forum, but lurking for a while. Currently pricing up a new build and winning a SSD would help out immensely! Love the site and watching all of the YouTube vids!

Why do i want to win an SSD? Well....I'm currently trying to saving up to build my first PC, and having this would definitely help me out lol. Simple and plain truth lol.

Now to wait.....

I travel a lot and I want to take the full power and customization of my PC with me. As soon as I have the money, I will purchase a 250d with a mITX mobo to house what is currently in my Phantom 530. However, I will need a SSD because unlike HDDs (like the excellant WD blue I currently own) SSDs have no moving parts. This means there is less chance for failure to occur from broken parts during a move. Furthermore the performance increase in solid states are substantial over 7200rpm HDDs. Another hope of mine is that SSDs will become the new industry standard as NVMe breaks into consumer waters. Solid state drives are the future of memory standard, as they offer increased performance, better portability, and more reliability. Because of this and my need for a portable build, I would love to acquire a SSD from Apacer.

I think SSDs should be in every computer to reduce noise, loading times and so on, which would in turn lead to reduced stress in user. Step 1: SSD Step 2: less loading/noise Step 3: ??? Step 4: Profit. 

But I would really love an SSD because regular hard drives are just not okay anymore to run operating systems on. way too slow and unresponsive.

I need a new steam drive because my current SSD is a bit on the full site :D also everyone needs a fast drive

Good morning, i'm a Programming student and i see difference between mechanical hardrive (the one i have) and SSD when i need the most speed because i take 3 class one after another and when i need a transfer speed fast my 5400 mechanical hard drive begin to slow down and i can do anything will be nice to win one of these because i can have the ssd for the operating system and the other to use it as a storage vault. I think for this time everyone need a ssd because technology is growing fast and mechanical drive is something for the past (as we think of speed) have a good day and thank you!

Currently I have 500Gb 5400rpm hard drive in my laptop, and I always wanted to upgrade this into SSD but I don't have work yet so this might help me if I win(hoping) ...

Thanks Apacer for making this giveaway possible!

I think, that everyone should switch to SSD as a boot drive, because it's just so much faster to use the computer with it. I want this one badly, beacause i recently switched to SSD on my PC and i'd love to have one in my laptop too.