Apacer AS330 Panther Giveaway

I totally want this drive because I got a 120 gig SSD from Plextor 2 years ago as a present and it died after 6 months and now I have to deal again with this HDD-speeds. Its totally terifiying :( Would be awesome If I would get one :)

I would like this ssd to replace the platters in my old laptop that would give it a much needed speed boost as its bottleneck in performance is more often than not the hard disk rather than the processor. 

I just got a new PC and in my infinite wisdom, decided not to include an SSD. Which I definitely regret now after reading about how awesome they are. Everyone should have one just for the speed alone.

My computer has been needing an SSD for years. The last SSD I had was a cheap-o 60GB that was fried by the computer turning off.

So yeah i'm still booting off my hard drive, with an ssd it would be nice not to wait a half a day, everyday so i could watch youtube :P

Gorgeous looking SSD's, would love one in my rig :)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

I'm short of one SSD in my 8xSSD RAID 0 setup. I can't wait to stack them in the back of my TJ07. Best ideea i've got since watching Linus. Do as i do not as i say as he used to say...or was is the other way around?

I'm currently building a computer for my sisters bday its on the 1st and an SSD like this one would be a great addition, I currently only have a 1TB HDD in there.

I'm currently running off a hard drive as my main drive, and its sooooooooooo slow........ An SSD would majorly increase all the startup times/ load times for any games that I play.

Im currently running a WD caviar Green 1 TB HDD from 2009 and I need an update on my storage device as I'm moving to working on more projects and depends on opening and closing a lot of programs and the startup time of the computer is insane also. please help me get into the SSD era its a dream for me.

My 1TB Seagate is starting to fail (should have seen that coming) and my SSD (reserved for OS related storage) can only hold so many games.

I would love to win as my current SSD is only 120GB and is nearly full.

5 hours ago, nicklmg said:

d7f8b1f41c.jpg

Newegg link: http://bit.ly/1PPPUZ3

We're partnering up with Apacer to give away 5 of their AS330 Panther 240G SSDs! These 2.5" drives feature up to 545MB/sec reads, up to 520MB/sec writes, and ECC engine correcting up to 72bit/1KB.

So how can you win one of these sweet SSDs?

1. Post a comment below about why you want a new SSD or why you think everyone should have an SSD in their system. (1 comment/entry per person).

2. Wait 7 days (or less than 7 days if you're signing up after February 8).

3. Check back on the forum to see if you've won! All winners will be PMed here on the forum, so make sure you have email notifications for PMs turned on. Winners will have 3 days to respond.

This is a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, so everyone is welcome to take part!

Best of luck :D

I want (well need) an SSD because my HDD is a MAJOR BOTTLE NECK on my new system. And now that SSDs are getting more reliable with ECC protection, SSDs suddenly seem like a need for every enthusiast grade system.

I just bought a new laptop without an ssd, but the boot is very slow, with that ssd it would be perfect! 

In buing my first eve PV build currently and am reaching my absolute budget as this is for a DnT mahor work for HSC, and i havbeen watching everylast one of linustechtips videos and other stuff to research to make the best oc i can to join the master race but dont have the budget for an ssd and i really want one to help show iff the power of a computer, i spent most of my holidays reserching and i was so bummd u dodnt have enough because of what i learnt from you guys itsan easy way to add performance, so please heo woth my hsc and to show the console dwellers what a pc can do, xx

not only I'm not using a boot see atm.. my only he is a 5400rpm sata2 320gb hdd :( I definitely need an ssd

It would be awesome to see SSD's replace mechanical HDD's sooner than later, along with newer, faster, more capable interfaces such as NVMe. We're making advancements in other areas, but storage has made exciting leaps and bounds recently. I can't wait til this bleeding edge hardware trickles down and sets new standards in the PC industry. They simply make HDD's look extremely dated (cos they are lol).

I want a SSD for my steam games, so that my loading times are faster :)

Really hoping on winning this to get rid of my 5400rpm 500gig HDD.

my pc is currently full and i really need space but i dont have money to buy more :P. and an ssd would be awesome :DD

I want a new SSD because I want to buy a new gaming computer which would be around 500 euros. I need a new PC because the one i have at the moment has old parts(for example Intel Pentium 4) and i can't upgrade it, I need to buy all new parts. If i would win a new SSD I would save some money and I could buy my gaming PC sooner. My parents can't afford to buy me a PC so I save every penny.

Everyone should have an SSD because its faster than HDD, and SSDs lives more.

I want another SSD just to only put my games on it so they load a little bit faster and and i think everybody should have an SSD to prevent an 1 hour boot up with there pc:D.