LTT Achievements?

Moondrelor
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

It is something that we are interested in doing, but it would be very complicated to implement so that it can scale well, so don't expect it to arrive any time soon.

>inb5 badges...

I think LTT Achievements would be pretty neat concept. What do you think?

Maybe a sirname as well? Like;

Village Idiot: 10 posts
Bumpkin: 20 posts
Yokel: 50 posts
Peasant: 150 posts
Serf: 300 posts
Villein: 500 posts

ect. (above is based off Strong Hold Kingdoms but, that's besides the point, was an example only)

Right now I'd be a Freeman :D 1500 posts
http://help.strongholdkingdoms.com/index.php/Ranks

2000+ posts *EPIC SHITPOSTER 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

ummm... we had this up until the new update. It was like newbie and blah blah blah.... Also whats the point? 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

3 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

Village Idiot: 10 posts
Bumpkin: 20 posts
Yokel: 50 posts
Peasant: 150 posts
Serf: 300 posts
Villein: 500 posts

We had stuff like this before the update removed functionality, in the form of your "likes" raising you. Idolized, legendary, etc.

1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Too late.

What happens when you have >7000 posts?

Nothing

Well there used to be a thing for Likes, I think over 500 likes was 'Famous' and over 10K likes was 'Mythic', but I don't remember all the other ones.
But I really don't think there should be achievements for post (or rating) amounts

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Well there used to be a thing for Likes, I think over 500 likes was 'Famous' and over 10K likes was 'Mythic', but I don't remember all the other ones.
But I really don't think there should be achievements for post (or rating) amounts

There was Popular, Idolised and some others I think. I managed to get to Mythic just before the update (:

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

We had stuff like this before the update removed functionality, in the form of your "likes" raising you. Idolized, legendary, etc.

3 hours ago, Minibois said:

Yes, in just a few days I've made an account and made 1500 posts and never noticed that the likes raised your name tag there...

Yeah that was fine but it wasn't any form of achievement list.

I'm talking about actual achievements guys.

Like, "Get Best Answer 5 times in one day."

Or, "Get agreed(liked) 15 times in 6 hours."

Stuff like that, I only mentioned the sirname stuff because idk. I thought it'd be neat to have MORE names than one name every like, 50 million likes.

Just now, Moondrelor said:

Yes, in just a few days I've made an account and made 1500 posts and never noticed that the likes raised your name tag there...

Yeah that was fine but it wasn't any form of achievement list.

I dunno, you really shouldn't get achievements from posting a lot, because you can also just shitpost a lot and get a bunch of posts (Like me :P ) so I really don't feel the need for such an achievement list.
You used to get the ability to change your member title after 500 posts, but that is kinda obsolete now.

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

There was Popular, Idolised and some others I think. I managed to get to Mythic just before the update (:

Yeah, same got mythic just a bit before the update too.

2 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

Stuff like that, I only mentioned the sirname stuff because idk. I thought it'd be neat to have MORE names than one name every like, 50 million likes.

That will just cause people to post stuff for the sake of getting the best answer and stuff, you should help people here because you want to help others, not because you want to grow your e-peen with some silly achievements.
It will also just promote people spreading around the same bland answers, like saying the R9 380 is better than the GTX 960. Yeah, you will get a lot of "Agrees", but it wont help OP if you just say that without context to get the points for your achievements.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

People would just spam shit

there was some guy who would just comment "+1" instead of liking things for post count

Just now, Minibois said:

I dunno, you really shouldn't get achievements from posting a lot, because you can also just shitpost a lot and get a bunch of posts (Like me :P ) so I really don't feel the need for such an achievement list.
You used to get the ability to change your member title after 500 posts, but that is kinda obsolete now.

Yeah, same got mythic just a bit before the update too.

That will just cause people to post stuff for the sake of getting the best answer and stuff, you should help people here because you want to help others, not because you want to grow your e-peen with some silly achievements.
It will also just promote people spreading around the same bland answers, like saying the R9 380 is better than the GTX 960. Yeah, you will get a lot of "Agrees", but it wont help OP if you just say that without context to get the points for your achievements.

Well I disagree. I love achievements. I am one of those people you call "Achievement Whores".

4 minutes ago, whitephoenix said:

People would just spam shit

there was some guy who would just comment "+1" instead of liking things for post count

+1

/jk boys, jk

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

3 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

Well I disagree. I love achievements. I am one of those people you call "Achievement Whores".

Yeah and as I said I think it will take away of the quality of posts, because people just want to make a whole lot of posts to get their quota of agrees or whatever for their achievements.

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Yeah and as I said I think it will take away of the quality of posts, because people just want to make a whole lot of posts to get their quota of agrees or whatever for their achievements.

Well, what I'm imaging, is that LTT stays exactly the same, with an achievement system added, no rules would change, so I don't see how that would bring such chaos as you're describing. Not to mention there is all kinds of achievements you can think of that wouldn't do any harm...

Like be logged in for x amount of time, or quote x amount of times, or be part of a club for x amount of posts.

Idk. It could be fun... If you look at the bright side of it.

1 minute ago, Moondrelor said:

Well, what I'm imaging, is that LTT stays exactly the same, with an achievement system added, no rules would change, so I don't see how that would bring such chaos as you're describing. 

Chaos is a big overstatement, but just saying I feel like it would decrease the overall post quality -_-

5 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Chaos is a big overstatement, but just saying I feel like it would decrease the overall post quality -_-

For me, I'd feel more inclined to give a much higher quality post than I give already. To be quite frank with you.

35 minutes ago, Moondrelor said:

And yet you choose to give example with post count. We already have badges and member titles were moved to profile only for reason.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It is something that we are interested in doing, but it would be very complicated to implement so that it can scale well, so don't expect it to arrive any time soon.

HTTP/2 203