Nvidia GP 100 Titan to debut in April, GTX 1080 to launch in June

I remember when people joked that the next in line would be "GTX 1080"...not a joke anymore. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 days ago its, Q3 2016...now it's Q1/2? 

I also love how the chart in the article is in Japanese with no source. 

this source seems fake to me... because even wccftech isnt reporting it...

Intel Core i7 7800x @ 5.0 Ghz with 1.305 volts (really good chip), Mesh OC @ 3.3 Ghz, Fractal Design Celsius S36, Asrock X299 Killer SLI/ac, 16 GB Adata XPG Z1 OCed to  3600 Mhz , Aorus  RX 580 XTR 8G, Samsung 950 evo, Win 10 Home - loving it :D

Had a Ryzen before ... but  a bad bios flash killed it :(

MSI GT72S Dominator Pro G - i7 6820HK, 980m SLI, Gsync, 1080p, 16 GB RAM, 2x128 GB SSD + 1TB HDD, Win 10 home

Most probably fake but come on people! use some common sense here! IT WILL arrive THIS year and non-reference GPU's will hit the market in Aug/Sep. Do you really need the EXACT time, day, hour, minute and seconds to know about Pascal???? Come on! :)

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

this source seems fake to me... because even wccftech isnt reporting it...

Fake or not, WCCF is not a measure of anything, they are not the first to report everything and they don't report all news. They didn't report Polaris cards being shown until they were shown and people had the same comments. Don't take them as a standard for anything. I don't have anything against them but I could write many negative things that they do. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Nvidia is not adopting a 4 digit numbering system so it won't be the 1080/1070

The cutdown titan (Ti high end) won't be delayed until June 2017.  It will be released based on market conditions.  If AMD has something that challenges their top end, they'll release the Top Ti a LOT sooner to have the new 'top dog' card again.  If AMD doesn't, nVidia will keep it on the backburner until such a time that they do or until they've sold enough non Ti's that they can bring something new and milk the people again. 

-snip-

I really hope that happens, so i can finally upgrade this 770...

Groomlake Authority

Why would NVIDIA make a massive gap between the GP100 Titan and GP100 1080ti, it makes no sense.

There was nearly a 1 year gap between the release of the Titan and the 780ti.

After re-reading it. this is flat out impossible. Current max HBM2 amount is 16GB so 32GB Titan is literally not possible at this point in time according to Samsung. This is a hoax.

True, which is why they didn't make a dual maxwell gpu. AMD has definitely been a bit better with their Dual GPUs (though they still weren't the best). It is wholly possible that my 32 gb HBM2 a dual gpu is what they mean, though it probably would sell pretty terribly.

I believe that by 32 gb they are referring to the dual gpu card (like the Titan Z). The single GPU will most likely go up to 16, while the dual will get 32 (of course technically it is only 16, but as you probably know they love to market it as 32). Titan Z technically only has 6 gb VRAM, but they list it as 12.

Pascal will be 32GB for their workstation cards, and 16GB for the Titan.

32GB is not yet possible. Samsung said it is "yet to come in the future" and that the current max overall is 16GB with 4GB stacks

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

32GB is not yet possible. Samsung said it is "yet to come in the future" and that the current max overall is 16GB with 4GB stacks

Yes, which is why they're not releasing their workstation cards yet (Quattro, Tesla, whatever).

Someone said this report couldn't be true about the Titan debuting in April because it couldn't have 32GB HBM2... But the Titan won't have 32GB, it will have 16GB.

Yes, which is why they're not releasing their workstation cards yet (Quattro, Tesla, whatever).

Someone said this report couldn't be true about the Titan debuting in April because it couldn't have 32GB HBM2... But the Titan won't have 32GB, it will have 16GB.

That same report claims 32GB Titan hence why I pointed out it's a hoax :)

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

so they will be 1xxx after all... interesting

I'm not much of a fan of it. I'd have prefered a new prefix like GTZ or something

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

@Godlygamer23 btw the title needs fixing. TItan is going to release in 2017 (OP didn't read it properly) with 1080 Ti to follow. And the whole thing is a rumour.

So I assume the 1060 will only be here next year or late 2016? 

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

@Godlygamer23 btw the title needs fixing. TItan is going to release in 2017 (OP didn't read it properly) with 1080 Ti to follow. And the whole thing is a rumour.

Correct that the entire news article is false but it does say both in the article and in the chart that Titan is coming in April 2016 with the Ti card coming the year after in June 2017.

Correct that the entire news article is false but it does say both in the article and in the chart that Titan is coming in April 2016 with the Ti card coming the year after in June 2017.

That doesn't make any remote sense

Well, what do you expect from a made up story? :-)

They can get 8-Hi from Hynix. AMD having priority access doesn't bar Nvidia from any access at all.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Yes it does. See time frame from Titan to 780TI.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

2 XX70's for my VR Setup Please :-)

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

This is exactly my sentiments. 32GB on the Titans would be a waste. Nvidia is going to save the absolute best for their Tesla's, because the Pascal Tesla's are going to be in direct competition against Xeon Phi (Knights Landing) this year, and they are going to need every single boon they can get in order to sell those cards. Someone can correct me if i am wrong (@patrickjp93 most likely will, lol) but Knights Landing is shipping with 16GB of stacked DRAM on it, right? I can totally see Nvidia trying to sell 32GB against KL's 16GB. Sadly, Nvidia is in for a world of hurt in the compute market. Knights Landing won't be easy to touch, no matter how much VRAM you throw at it. "10x the compute of Maxwell" is most certainly not enough. 

With the Titan getting 16GB, I assume that the x80 Ti will get 8GB. I believe the rest of the cards will be GDDR5X. Maybe an 8GB configuration for the normal x80 card, and 4-6gb for the x70 card, with the x60 and x50 cards coming in at 4GB. This might be the first year where we don't see 2GB cards, unless they release another series of normal GT cards. This is all assumptions BTW, none of which are facts. Only voicing how i feel this will go down.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

That same report claims 32GB Titan hence why I pointed out it's a hoax :)

It says that the GK100 chip will feature 32GB of VRAM. The GK100 (like previous iterations of the Titan chip) will also be used in nVidia's workstation cards, which will have 32GB VRAM.

I will concede that the way the article is written, it does make it sound like the Titan would have 32GB VRAM, but it could just be bad writing. This is far from confirmed, but there's no reason to completely dismiss it either.

People are saying "well, it was supposed to come out H2, so there's no way it's actually coming out in April". But the reports of it coming out H2 are no more confirmed than this.