Sexisim and reform among gamers.

mbryant

i honestly can't remember the last time i heard someone say girls shouldn't play.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

i think game devs should be able to do what they want with their games , and shouldn't be jusged because of creatives choice. I'm all for women in video games , but the fact that devs are being "forced" to put different characters then what they originally intended is wrong.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

and I've really only seen a lot of "D"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sorry

On topic: Sexism isn't something I typically see on Steam. It's very rare someone judges someone because of their race. Racism... that's more limited to CSGO and other competitive games in my experience.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Can't really say much, My girlfriend is a better gamer than I am  :lol:

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

sorry

On topic: Sexism isn't something I typically see on Steam. It's very rare someone judges someone because of their race. Racism... that's more limited to CSGO and other competitive games in my experience.

I've purposefully experimented with Dota 2 and CS:GO by basically lying about my gender out of curiosity. This is what I encountered

Dota 2: We were winning the game and a person from the other team responded with gender-based offenses.

Dota 2: (different session): Guys were morbidly curious as to why a girl plays dota 2

CS:GO: Lot's of salt from the enemy team (we were winning)

Personally, I am not against woman at all - what I am against is what @Megan described as "group B and C" - people who hate women just because and girls who act as if they deserve special treatment just because of their gender. I have no problem giving my all when playing against a male or female player and if I end up being the loser in the game, I am always ready to accept defeat.

A few girls I've recently been watching on YT have earned a lot of respect from me showing vastly superior skills to mine and I respect them for that. What I don't respect is the "camgirls" on twitch.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

More feminist bullshit.

You are part of the problem >.>

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I can't remember the last time I've heard someone say girls shouldn't play or develop video games tbh

I like how this post has way more likes then OP, I've never even heard of this issue before..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Am I the only one who never, EVER heard anyone say something like that and believe it? 99.999% of people who play videogames don't give a flying fig who's on the other end.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's like you're all (not you personally) convinced that the opposite sex isn't human like you.

would be kinda cool if the opposite sex were aliens...

most of the people who think such things about a girl is the ones who's only encounter with a female genitalia was on their way out of their mothers womb.

then they got raised by a drunk redneck stereotypical 1950s-1960s dad, mother is either dead or submissive and doesnt speak up against these ridiculous attitudes.

THEN, at some age, this kid was granted access to the internet. ANd here you go. Another misogynistic little twat, born and bread in sheer ignorance.

Who the fuck thinks females shouldn't play video games? Do you live in Saudi Arabia, OP?

At this point, I think people are just being victims for the sake of it.

Guide to GTX 900 Series: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/457526-nvidia-900-series-basic-performance-guide/

Performance expert, building noob. 

There is no such thing as excess in hardware. 

I do think it is to do with intimidation and confusion, by some people women are placed on a pedestal that we're some how different to men, when in reality we're not, we just wanna be treated like a person not an object, there will always be feminist extremists (so this is who you should hate when you hate feminism, not actual feminism) and there will always be misogynists, the main point is to focus on being gender equal. 

We do live in a male dominated world, some will disagree with me and say men get shat on just as much as women, but it shouldn't be an argument of who has it worse, it should be advocating equality across the spectrum, focus on the issues rather than infighting about who has it worse because otherwise a stalemate is met and no progress can happen.

Harassment is very real and the same harassment applies in game

Watch this video for an example, you may ask "well how was she harassed?"

When was the last time you as a male walked down a street and had guys talk to you like that? The same thing applies to women in games, some don't leave you alone when they discover you're a girl and the attention can be nice because it makes you feel wanted but there's a fine line between getting attention and getting  harassed, see some people get offended when they're accused of being harassed because it's probably not their intention to cause fear or panic but the main thing is to just treat a person whether they're male or female like a human being. 

From personal experience when I didn't cater to a guys attention or pander to his ego he became very abusive and almost threatening towards me and turned people against me in a game, even said that I was lying about being a girl and other things unless I showed my breasts or done him a sexual fan sign pic, granted he is a vast minority but that lead me to not wanting to play the particular game in question with other people. (RuneScape, which I'm an avid fan of and still play albeit alone)

Yeah, somebody continuously messaging you and going after you when you've showed you'd rather not get involved is harassment.

Like yes there's blocking and such, but not talking about solutions, it does exist.

Literally, everytime i go out i get harassed like that.

Whenever i walk around campus or go shopping it's bisexual/homosexual men who get really...aggressive with flirting and bisexual/heterosexual women who don't know how to keep their hands to themselves; both genders seem to follow me around and that's always uncomfortable.

Looking is fine, but you can't touch the merchandise, ya feel?

I don't think that's a female thing, i think it's a general attractive thing and more women experience it more because more men are uglier than women. (Just keeping it real, more women take care of themselves than men)

Watch this video for what i mean. Skip to 1:20 and that's what i usually get in public.

Yeah that's not ok

Definitely see it more in consoles. Not sure why. I think it's more of a subculture for consoles (and as people said above, largely the Xbox) to be generally assholes.

Losers (no offense, but i'm talking about the obese neckbeards who have no friends, no job, and no real social skills) and young boys. That's the main audience from my experience.

The developers should be able to do whatever they want to do.

If a game has all white male characters then that's what the developer chose to do. Whining at them and threatening them just to add females or other races is pretty stupid to me. No one cares what gender or race you put in your video games, it's all the same shit to me at least. If the game has a good story and is fun, that's all that matters.

You could literally turn Samus Aran or Lara Croft into gay/bisexual men (because of love interest continuity) and change nothing else about the story and it would still be and play like the same exact game.

Although, i would be a bit edged out by that because Samus and Lara are established characters and changing their gender to pander to groups cheapens them as characters. *cough* Brianna Wu *cough* Samus is not trans *cough*

"If you ain't first, you're last"

B ) People who give you crap for being a girl I.e. "Get in the kitchen","You shouldn't play games" etc etc

What about the males who get crap for being young or males who get crap for being Slovakian or males who get crap for...

There will  ALWAYS be a reason  for giving someone crap.  If it was not allowed (not illegal) to chide someone for being female or being crap or being Slovakian, then people would chatsise them because their game name was too long or somesuch

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

More feminist bullshit.

Bringing up the fact sexism exists and there are "gamers" (hate labels) who say and do misogynistic things when connecting online to other players is not feminist bullshit.

Being anti-SJW does not mean you're supposed to have a bias towards whatever third-wave feminists do say.

The big thing is that this is not a real problem that needs any external interactions.

It comes from ignorance and video games are not to blame in the same way movies are not to blame for someone who is sexist that watches movies.

What about the males who get crap for being young or males who get crap for being Slovakian or males who get crap for...

There will  ALWAYS be a reason  for giving someone crap.  If it was not allowed (not illegal) to chide someone for being female or being crap or being Slovakian, then people would chatsise them because their game name was too long or somesuch

We're talking about the females, we're not saying males don't get shit or should be ignored, we're just talking about VERY known issues that mainly target females when they play online video games.

I agree there shouldn't really be any external influences because this is a socializing issue and video games are simply the medium that the person behind the mic is channeling themselves through.

What the fuck is this shit? Feminist fucking frequency? If Women aren't treated right just sue the fucking company for fucks sake. We have anti-discrimination laws for a fucking reason. Jesus fucking christ get your shit straight and fuck off.

FUCK KOTAKU

FUCK FEMINIST FREQUENCY

AND MOST OF ALL

FUCK

ANITA

SARKEESIAN.

Furtherfuckingmore!

Games have a block button for a god damn reason, they have a REPORT function for a FUCKING REASON. I don't understand White fucking knights and I never fucking will.

/rant

Jesus christ, I feel like I can safely guess your favorite word from this little bitchpost.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The thing I hate about discussions like these is that the people inside the discussion typically agree on all the major points, but the people who actually need to be address who are attacking women aren't here because they are typically not part of the actual online community; they're individuals outside of our particular discussion-sphere, if you will, who don't see it as a big deal because they don't see what they're doing as they do it.  I mean really, who here would actually say that verbally abusing women just because they're playing the same games is ok?

I guess in short, I find these discussions kind of pointless unless you try to bring in the people who are actually perpetuating the thing we all can say shouldn't be happening.

Who the fuck thinks females shouldn't play video games? Do you live in Saudi Arabia, OP?

At this point, I think people are just being victims for the sake of it.

actually, fun fact. but women in Saudi Arabia and other countries with Sharia law has A LOT more power at home then you'd think. However they have zero power in social settings where the opposite sex is represented. (meaning if there was 50 women and 1 man, by law those 50 women should act humble and submissive. Any interaction with said man would be considered an insult, which would prolly get you in jail and or killed)

We're talking about the females, we're not saying males don't get shit or should be ignored, we're just talking about VERY known issues that mainly target females when they play online video games.

I agree there shouldn't really be any external influences because this is a socializing issue and video games are simply the medium that the person behind the mic is channeling themselves through.

here i want to bring up a point that is blatantly ignored in every such discussion.

the principle of equality.

Nobody gives a fuck if two guys insult eachother. Nobody gives a fuck if two girls insult eachother.

But when a guy insults a girl, all hell breaks out.

However if you turn it around, meaning the girl lashes out at the guy. Nobody bats a fucking eye.

At which point is it OK, for ANYONE to insult someone else?

Gender doesnt matter. Insulting others, ARE NOT OK.

being a girl or a guy or a 90yo grandparent does NOT entitle you to insult anyone or have special "privileges" as to "not be allowed to be insulted"

Jesus christ, I feel like I can safely guess your favorite word from this little bitchpost.

well, the ones mentioned in that "bitchpost" isnt feminists. they are man-haters, disguised as "feminists".

they do not seek equality, as real feminists do. They seek "female supremacy". Their goal is to have a "matriarchy" rather then the "horribly patriarchy".....

There is so much twisted shit coming from those channels, it has nothing to do with female rights, that is just what they want you to believe.

All I want is more games with female playable characters! But the feminists ruin that a lot...

Clearly all women most be skinny and have no breasts also or they rage when not all women are skinny and perfect! >:c

#MOREboobsANDcurves This is discrimination against women who are not in perfect skinny shapes! 

well, the ones mentioned in that "bitchpost" isnt feminists. they are man-haters, disguised as "feminists".

they do not seek equality, as real feminists do. They seek "female supremacy". Their goal is to have a "matriarchy" rather then the "horribly patriarchy".....

There is so much twisted shit coming from those channels, it has nothing to do with female rights, that is just what they want you to believe.

This, also the PC-cultists are claiming to be pro womens right yet they are pro radical Islam... :(

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

As a girl who has gamed in the past I find there's a few sets of people.

A ) People who just don't care and like to just game regardless

B ) People who give you crap for being a girl I.e. "Get in the kitchen","You shouldn't play games" etc etc - When I console gamed I generally found these were on Xbox360 and not on PS3 so I switched to PS3 pretty much full time.

C ) Girls who intentionally seek out attention for being a girl in games.

D ) Guys that actually try to hit on you etc or "fall in love with you" 

I found group A to be more common on larger MMO's such as RuneScape, GuildWars and WoW, in general PC gaming

I found group B to be more console based especially X360

I found group C to be more common on games like CS:GO, LoL and KillingFloor / LFD2

I found group D to be more common in guilds and other various groups of MMO's.

Just my observations so no actual scientific background.

I actually see this as well. I'm not a girl, but I've played most of those games you've listed extensively, in some cases.

I think It's rather clear why this happens.

The Games group A play are all fairly old and have a playerbase that is very loyal. I wouldn't be surprised if the average age of the players of these games is a fair bit higher than average. I started playing WoW at 16 myself, and I still play to this day (I'm 22). I knew a lot of people who are a fair bit older than me and still play.

Group B Is a console group, which means that voice is much more prominent, which makes it easier to determine gender. That, coupled with the fact that Consoles are probably more popular with a younger audience (and Xbox being the cheapest/most popular option, people want to play with their friends) makes sexism much more common.

Group C: I have no idea, but it does seem that way. LoL is a F2P game, which is why it's toxic to begin with. Not sure why girls would feel the need to identify themselves though. I guess it's easy to get attention in a game of which the playerbase is primarily male.

Group D: Well, those guys aren't very good socially, and that guild is most likely a meaningful connection to them. They're probably desperate to get a girlfriend, too, to help them with their low self-esteem. I kind of understand why, but it is pretty shitty for the girl involved, and it usually ends in a shitty situation for both of them.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

\here i want to bring up a point that is blatantly ignored in every such discussion.

the principle of equality.

Nobody gives a fuck if two guys insult eachother. Nobody gives a fuck if two girls insult eachother.

But when a guy insults a girl, all hell breaks out.

However if you turn it around, meaning the girl lashes out at the guy. Nobody bats a fucking eye.

At which point is it OK, for ANYONE to insult someone else?

Gender doesnt matter. Insulting others, ARE NOT OK.

being a girl or a guy or a 90yo grandparent does NOT entitle you to insult anyone or have special "privileges" as to "not be allowed to be insulted"

Why are you complaining to me though? I'm not saying double-standards don't exist, just look at our criminal justice system.

We're talking about the experience many females have when playing online video games though, no one's saying women are an oppressed minority who are entitled to things here.

I do shitty things online too, everyone does, i don't think the ability to do shitty things needs to change, we're just talking about the reality of it.

You ever get side-slashed by a Dark-infused, Dark buffed, +5 Chaos Blade in Dark Souls 2?

You know what the VAST MAJORITY of souls' players call someone like me (and i call other people) who uses a dark-infused, dark-buffed, +5 Chaos Blade?

A faggot.

Now we use the definition that does not refer to sexuality, but the word faggot is still by that definition something bad.

The reason why that's tolerated is because of what the word faggot means, anyone can be a faggot in Dark Souls; there's no specific group there.

In the case of being harassed or told "women should stay in the kitchen" that is not a neutral insult.

The point isn't really to get rid of all the shitty things, because we like being shitty to one another in competition; we all teabag the corpses and humiliate other players.

The point is to internally call out bullshit like the white knight, or 12-year old sandwich jokes, who breathes really heavy into the microphone saying "A-a-a-are y-you a....girl?" and badgers her incessantly because no one wants to play with that dude. No one likes to see spaghetti autism in action or weird archaic gender-based discrimination from players.

But again, video games are not the problem; it's the people.

Clearly all women most be skinny and have no breasts

Srsly?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

All I want is more games with female playable characters! But the feminists ruin that a lot...

Clearly all women most be skinny and have no breasts also or they rage when not all women are skinny and perfect! >:c

#MOREboobsANDcurves This is discrimination against women who are not in perfect skinny shapes! 

This, also the PC-cultists are claiming to be pro womens right yet they are pro radical Islam... :(

Can we stop calling them feminists though? I'm all for equality (which does make me a feminist, technically), but those people (including Anita Sarkeesian) are misandrists.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."