Mechanical Keyboard Club!

Dave :)
1 minute ago, dtaflorida said:

Hot swap switches sure are catching on. But this is weird... hot swap LED too? This DIY is practically already built for you lol.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83442.0

2 pin led is not rgb of course, but you can plug in different colors. Last I understood tho, the resistor needed to match the LED, and color of the LED made a difference as to how many ohms the resistor needed to be... 

for the most part yes you should change the resistors but I think a lot of boards are just playing it safe by coming with resistors that will be fine with most leds and just make some of them dimmer.

Hello Guys,

I'd want to buy a new mechanical keyboard and I've selected

- Corsair Strafe RGB at about 170USD
- CM MasterKeys Pro L RGB at about 145USD

Which one I've to buy?

Is there any alternative with the specs

- Cherry MX Brown

- RGB, but, a "perfect" white backlit

- Not compact

Thank you in advance!

On 7/28/2016 at 6:36 AM, Fed10 said:

Hello Guys,

I'd want to buy a new mechanical keyboard and I've selected

- Corsair Strafe RGB at about 170USD
- CM MasterKeys Pro L RGB at about 145USD

Which one I've to buy?

Is there any alternative with the specs

- Cherry MX Brown

- RGB, but, a "perfect" white backlit

- Not compact

Thank you in advance!

Make a thread for your question. This isn't the place for that ;)

I don't like corsair though.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Picked up a BTC foil and foam keyboard for $18 at a garage sale.

20160730_145409.jpg

20160730_145744_HDR.jpg

Cherry compatable stems

20160730_145428.jpg

And whats that?

Doubleshot cherry compatible keycaps!

20160730_145501.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Very nice idea! I very like keyboard with cherry switches because i am from Germany.... I use a G710+ with the MX Brown switsches and sometimes the Roccat Ryos MK Pro with the MX Red. I would like to join the Keyboard club.

Love my CoolerMaster QuickFire TK (MX Blues) and I added 50A 1.5mm O-rings.

File_000 (1).jpeg

File_000 (6).jpeg

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

Cherry Comfort Line G80-3000 in black reporting in, I love these switches (don't even know what kind of switches are in there, the product site never mentioned it) xD I would love to have a WASD-Keyboard but I'm really unsure of how customs will handle the package (I live in Germany)...

Hail Hydra #shieldcomegetme #9minutes

My Royal Glam wrist rest turned up! I never knew typing could feel this good until I got a wrist rest! I don't think I could go back at this point!

Also just bought a knock off Brocap which I intending on dying a better colour! I couldn't think about buying a proper Brocap and dying it!

16 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

My Royal Glam wrist rest turned up! I never knew typing could feel this good until I got a wrist rest! I don't think I could go back at this point!

Also just bought a knock off Brocap which I intending on dying a better colour! I couldn't think about buying a proper Brocap and dying it!

I think my keyboards tend to be thin enough that I dont really see the need for a rest. I made one and used it for a bit but didnt really care if it was there or not.

Just now, Charger said:

I think my keyboards tend to be thin enough that I dont really see the need for a rest. I made one and used it for a bit but didnt really care if it was there or not.

I have never had a wrist rest on any of my keyboards... I actually had a Sidewinder a long time ago and took the wrist rest off because I didnt like the look of it! Ohhhh I was missing out!

9 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

I have never had a wrist rest on any of my keyboards... I actually had a Sidewinder a long time ago and took the wrist rest off because I didnt like the look of it! Ohhhh I was missing out!

my keyboard from desk to top of the plate is only .454 inches and maybe about 1.1 inches to top of the keycaps in the front.

L7zsKzDh.jpg

I really need to finish this keyboard but I have been using it for a decent amount of time half done lol

I am about to order a TVS-E Gold Bharat USB 2.0 Keyboard - "India's Favorite keyboar... an Indian keyboard that claims to have genuine cherry MX blue switches... Can anyone confirm or deny this.

18 hours ago, Charger said:

my keyboard from desk to top of the plate is only .454 inches and maybe about 1.1 inches to top of the keycaps in the front.

I really need to finish this keyboard but I have been using it for a decent amount of time half done lol

What are your plans to finish this? It feels like there should be a wood or plastic in the gap between the metal!

15 minutes ago, the pokemon kid said:

What are your plans to finish this? It feels like there should be a wood or plastic in the gap between the metal!

The original plan was standoffs but now I want to make either a wood or metal filler. 

2 hours ago, Charger said:

The original plan was standoffs but now I want to make either a wood or metal filler. 

I also plan on making a wood filler for my keyboard, along with wood (possibly leather covered) wrist wrests.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

On 6/21/2016 at 1:25 PM, CodenameScorpion said:

Cherry MX Greens are very heavy blues, good enough? I think Linus did a video a while back on a Cooler Master keyboard with them. I believe the weight required to actuate is in the neighborhood of ~80 grams... the normal blue switches are ~45 grams.

something like that. My suggestion is to just try them. There is not much you can do when just thinking about actuation weights. I bet @Chargerwill concur with me on that.

A good number of keyboard enthusiast will side with heavier switches after a while. Light is not always better.

1 hour ago, TheProfosist said:

something like that. My suggestion is to just try them. There is not much you can do when just thinking about actuation weights. I bet @Chargerwill concur with me on that.

A good number of keyboard enthusiast will side with heavier switches after a while. Light is not always better.

agreed the best way to know if you will like a switch is to type on a full keyboard with them. Also god damn @theprofosist you know that quote was from june lol maybe you need to read a few more pages before replying to things.

reds are to lights I like blacks.  I like blues and greens about the same and would rather have clears then browns. I still want some super blacks though lol

On 7/2/2016 at 9:27 AM, the pokemon kid said:

Hey, I saw you post within the 120x cherry springs thread on Massdrop. I wanted to ask you why these springs/ changing springs seams such a big thing? Is there any improvement of taking my current cherry stock springs out and putting these gold plated ones instead at the same weight? Or are these for people who want to change their blue's into the weights of greens?

On 7/2/2016 at 9:57 AM, Charger said:

i see no point in it unless you are changing the weight. @TheProfosist almost always puts springs in mx clears so it will change how they feel

I agree with @Charger I usually go lighter springs on heavy switches and heavier springs for lighter switches.

On 7/2/2016 at 10:08 AM, Charger said:

i think alot of it is people sticker and lube them and feel like they may as well swap springs. I have changed springs in 2 keyboards I built for others as well as putting clear springs in vintage black switched for a build I never finished.

yep pretty much if your going that way you might as well go all the way!

12 minutes ago, Charger said:

agreed the best way to know if you will like a switch is to type on a full keyboard with them. Also god damn @theprofosist you know that quote was from june lol maybe you need to read a few more pages before replying to things.

reds are to lights I like blacks.  I like blues and greens about the same and would rather have clears then browns. I still want some super blacks though lol

Im just replying to things that are in my email finally! :P

im pretty much the same loving my Ergo Clears though!

Does anyone know where I can get an outer shell for a Filco Majestouch? I have got an old/ what I thought was dead Phantom PCB which is actually working...

If I can find a Filco case, I can then at least transplant it into there and make myself another custom board!

5 hours ago, the pokemon kid said:

Does anyone know where I can get an outer shell for a Filco Majestouch? I have got an old/ what I thought was dead Phantom PCB which is actually working...

If I can find a Filco case, I can then at least transplant it into there and make myself another custom board!

I think @TheProfosist may have an acrylic case for a phantom 

Just a couple of new pictures I took today when this WASD v2 (TKL) w/ Clears arrived some hours ago.

5nisjdz.jpglJZOVPo.jpgPfq4LPt.jpg

From the top to the bottom:

- Turtle Beach Impact 500 w/ Cherry MX Blues

- WASD v2 (TKL) w/ Cherry MX Clears

- CM MasterKeys Pro S w/ Cherry MX Browns (RGB, backlit)

And I have two more mechs coming, a KÛL ES-87 with tactile Zealios (65g) (bought second hand, I plan to put it side-by-side with the WASD v2 and compare both) and a Magicforce 68 with Gateron Greens (Massdrop). :)

And here are two new profiles I made for the MasterKeys.

jMp8AVD.jpg

This one was inspired by this post I found on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4w0l6s/borealis_keyset_design/

It's an IC/GB for a new keyset design called "Borealis". I thought it looked pretty cool and tried to re-create it on my Pro S.

TuIxAzo.jpg

And this one is another profile I made. I call it "Summer Lemonade". :P

looks like you have vortex key caps. your esc key is that weird thing I never could figure out what it was. Anyone know what the heck it is?

RGB, negating the need for custom keycaps lol.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS