MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Where in Sweden do you live? anywere near Göteborg perhaps?

Keep up the good work, looks amazing. But I must ask, shouldn't those cards be watercooled like the pics on the front page or did I miss something along the way?  :wacko:

Keep up the good work, looks amazing. But I must ask, shouldn't those cards be watercooled like the pics on the front page or did I miss something along the way?  :wacko:

Completely off topic, but... do you have the steelseries fnatic mousepad? 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

The only reason why I would get a stock 780.... THOSE COLORS!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I'm looking forward to seeing how you fabricate the fan grill for the top of the case.  I want to do a similar mod (or at least make a custom fan grill) for my TJ07.  

Great job! I can't wait to see more!

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I live in Stockholm :) The GPUs will be water cooled but just not right away. The budget does not allow for them to be blocked just yet. :( But we have a great placeholder now :)

God damn it that is nice. I can not wait to see more. 

Cheers CtW, awesome that you like it!

The only reason why I would get a stock 780.... THOSE COLORS!!!

Dem colours bro! This gold is something else!

I'm looking forward to seeing how you fabricate the fan grill for the top of the case.  I want to do a similar mod (or at least make a custom fan grill) for my TJ07.  

Great job! I can't wait to see more!

Thanks Queek! I will not be fabricating a fan grill for them, but rather installing an acrylic window with a CNC milled edge so that it sits flush with the outside ;)

Thanks for the awesome comments guys!

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Completely off topic, but... do you have the steelseries fnatic mousepad? 

A little maybe, no I don't have the mousepad, it looks great but it doesn't fit my colour scheme  :P

I live in Stockholm :) The GPUs will be water cooled but just not right away. The budget does not allow for them to be blocked just yet. :( But we have a great placeholder now :)

Thanks for the awesome comments guys!

MetallicAcid

Aww, but those shrouds looks amazing, even better if you make the gtx 780 text black as Kiwiandapple suggested  :)

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Hey everybody :) I have a nice fat update for you! 

Firstly, I would like to proudly announce that Icemodz.com has kindly sponsored me with all that I need to make my PSU wires niceand organised! Also, all of my lighting options have also been covered with their RGB LEDs, with remote control. I cannot wait to start using them! Lastly, I have all of my hard acrylic tubing needs covered :)

DSC05577_zpscdb77c2b.jpg

DSC05574_zps24ca6245.jpg

DSC05569_zpscb922f25.jpg

Icemodz_zpsf3cc6169.jpg

In other news, I have cut myself a hole for the window into the side panel. It took a few hours to complete over a period of three days, whenever I had a spare minute at work. Some of the corners have not been filed all the way down to where I had marked them and this is because I am waiting until I have the acrylic windows in my hands, and can make sure that the window fits without taking away too much of the aluminium. I don't want to have all this time put into the cutting and filing just to find out that the measurements that I gave to the CNC operator, and what I had filed do not match. Anyways, here are some glory shots!

DSC05609-2_zpsef2e7884.jpg

DSC05607-2_zpsdf500a4a.jpg

DSC05606-2_zps488cc845.jpg

DSC05605-2_zps935498e2.jpg

DSC05604-2_zps150e2e46.jpg

DSC05602-2_zpsdacf7779.jpg

DSC05601-2_zps8ce4b91a.jpg

DSC05599-2_zps32c8954e.jpg

DSC05611-2_zpsf79fa464.jpg

DSC05610-2_zps6402f7ff.jpg

I love how this project is shaping up! There aren't so many things more that need to be done to this case. If I am to make a short list, it would look like this:

To make or modify:
CNC Acrylic window for top of case.
CNC Acrylic window for side panel.
Drill midplate pass-through holes for hard tubing.
Attach angled plate to midplate.
Drill reservoir pass-through holes for hard tubing.
Install new power button.
Install front panel and fill all gaps with car-body repair.
Powder coat everything.

To install:
Cold Zero parts.
Water cooling parts.
PC components.
LED lighting.

Well this is it from me for now guys! Next, I plan on doing some sanding on the case and setting the front plate in place, install the orange button, and glue another rail onto the angled plate so I can screw it onto the midplate. Thanks for reading! :)

Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Oeee, I would love that motherboard..

You make amazing smooth cuts, I hope my window will get cuts like yours. 

But my window is very thin, challenge! :]

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

My god MA! Seeing your renders seriously being transformed 1 - 1 into reality makes me giggle like a little girl. What a beautiful job you've did already and I'm very sure that you're going to keep delivering amazing quality in this build! 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

My god MA! Seeing your renders seriously being transformed 1 - 1 into reality makes me giggle like a little girl. What a beautiful job you've did already and I'm very sure that you're going to keep delivering amazing quality in this build! 

Thank you for the kind words Homicidium! I really hope that the love for modding has shone through the images of the work that I put up, and you have just confirmed that for me! I will see you at the next update! :D

Best regards,

Justin

Update time!

Hello modders and enthusiasts! I have a nice and exciting update for you tonight. I would first like to announce Södertälje Specialsnickeri AB as a sponsor to this project, as they have donated their time and CNC machining skills to create for me some beautiful windows with indented edges, so they sit flush with the surface of the case. The machine ate through the acrylic glass like a hot knife through butter, so other materials like MDF sheet or even aluminium can be machined.

I have a few shots to show to you from my trip out to their workshop and the milling process. I also test fitted the windows, and after some fine adjustments with filing the case, they fit very nicely indeed :)

I hope you enjoy!

1_zps0fc9c3fd.jpg

2_zps557328b6.jpg

3_zps0fde0b3c.jpg

4_zps8f6bd4bd.jpg

5_zpsbc43e89d.jpg

6_zps652e68bb.jpg

7_zpsed85df47.jpg

8_zpsecbc8f55.jpg

Here are some interesting projects I seen in the workshop. One is an electric guitar which is about to have the neck milled, and the second round object is actually a 3D milled prototype for the Radiostyrd R2D2 which is currently in the building phase at sweclockers!

9_zpsc87ce517.jpg

10_zpsc3f866cd.jpg

Ok now, down to business! Let's get those windows machined!! Much excite, wow!

11_zpsdb5c80e1.jpg

12_zpsfeeab719.jpg

13_zps82ea6e96.jpg

14_zpsf8f3b68a.jpg

15_zps95fc6d45.jpg

16_zps0f087eb9.jpg

17_zps8a5c54a9.jpg

18_zps2f836dae.jpg

The end result, the creator and the creations together.

19_zps1f62c5dd.jpg

After some fine filing, the test fitting went very nicely!

DSC05693-2_zps59de49df.jpg

DSC05708-2_zps103ae3ea.jpg

DSC05709-2_zpsc23d03d0.jpg

DSC05711-2_zps5e6435fd.jpg

As always I thank you for reading, and hope to see you back next time!
Best regards,

Looks great. I'm thinking of getting a silverstone ft02.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Ow that is awesome! :} 
Wish I had that machine to cut out my plexi haha. 

Is it just the camera that made the black plexi look very scratched? And is it a lot better in real life? 
It looks awesome either way! ^^ 

Looks great. I'm thinking of getting a silverstone ft02.

Cheers. If I didn't get this case originally I would have bought an FT02. My next personal project is going to use an FT03  though :)

Ow that is awesome! :} 

Wish I had that machine to cut out my plexi haha. 

Is it just the camera that made the black plexi look very scratched? And is it a lot better in real life? 

It looks awesome either way! ^^ 

Thanks! There is a protective film on the acrylic. It "should" be scratch free underneath.

So nice mate, well done.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Justin

Update time!

Hello girls and guys of modding! I would like to present to you a major company who has generously given us a vital component to the TJ07 project. Which reminds me, I have to start thinking of a name for this project soon!

The company is no other than Silverstone Technologies! And the PC component which they have provided to us is the Silverstone Strider ST1200G 1200w PSU. So I would like to thank Marie from Silverstone. 

I would now like to present an unboxing of this awesome PSU, and maybe write a few words about it as well while I am here.

1_zpsa1260dd6.jpg

2_zpsea6c8642.jpg

3_zps0b6439b8.jpg

4_zpsdbaf41ba.jpg

5_zpsee404737.jpg

6_zpsb6e5cb0a.jpg

7_zps47787c35.jpg
The packaging of this PSU is black and gold, with a high gloss finish. Very fitting colours when you compare it to the project! The sides of the box contain various information about how many cables are in the box, load levels, fan graphs, ripple levels etc. If you wanted to buy a PSU and you had to judge just by looking at the box, this would certainly have all the info you could ever need.

8_zps103e41ac.jpg

9_zps6a8c19ed.jpg

10_zpsafb99cf4.jpg

11_zps156aabe0.jpg
Opening the box gave me all of the cables (and there are ALOT), some screws, cable ties, velcro straps and the instruction manual. The cables are of all various colours, which is a shame since I will be sleeving them, and those colours might shine through. I don't wish to make my own cables, but I might just have to...

12_zps3289961f.jpg

13_zps7ae9a728.jpg

14_zpsca2d1b72.jpg

15_zpsee907a9b.jpg

16_zps5a1c4380.jpg

19_zpsc1dc36dc.jpg

20_zps08ce9485.jpg
First looks around the PSU. I have to admit, this thing is stunning and feels solid. And that paint work, Oh my!!! This wrinkle coated surface is supposed to make the PSU super durable and scratch resistant. So only time will tell if this is the case.

17_zpsd0b3b3fc.jpg
Those white stickers ruin the aesthetics.. Something must be done about that.

18_zps62c2cde6.jpg
Ahhh, much better ;)

21_zpse29dc862.jpg

22_zpsea8e257a.jpg

23_zpsc0caa866.jpg

24_zpsa11cc4bc.jpg

25_zps2d3e8db5.jpg
Some beauty shots of the paint job and logo. This is just a super sexy PSU overall, and it feels solid unlike others that I have used.

Now I just have to say that Silverstone did not ask me to do an unboxing of this PSU, but rather I did it because I enjoy doing so and it is my way of saying thank you.

So, until next update, stay cool!
Best regards,

Update time!

Hello girls and guys of modding! I would like to present to you a major company who has generously given us a vital component to the TJ07 project. Which reminds me, I have to start thinking of a name for this project soon!

The company is no other than Silverstone Technologies!

I love the box, though I find it a bit too much like other PSU's with the asthetics :/ I wish more PSU brands would do more with their products. The corsair GS series I think is a good example of this.

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

IM  thinking of getting a silverstone or EVGA psu, cause i love siverstone stuff. And the evga one because evga. and its cheap. But yeah ill have to look more into the silvertstone psus

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

That PSU is extremely clean looking. But those connectors seem to be sticking out a bit for my taste.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I dislike those blue connectors. I mean, why do we need color coded connectors? We are boys, sure.. but - we can read stickers and/or the manual. 
I would probably paint those connectors. Plug in some cotton wool and paint!? 

Aside from that, this thing looks very sexy! Love the paint job! 

I love the box, though I find it a bit too much like other PSU's with the asthetics :/ I wish more PSU brands would do more with their products. The corsair GS series I think is a good example of this.

I thought the wrinkle coating was a really nice touch which makes it stand out from the others :)

IM  thinking of getting a silverstone or EVGA psu, cause i love siverstone stuff. And the evga one because evga. and its cheap. But yeah ill have to look more into the silvertstone psus

I have been sceptical about the EVGA PSUs... Unsure about their quality. They didn't seem too popular.

That PSU is extremely clean looking. But those connectors seem to be sticking out a bit for my taste.

The connectors are a downside to this PSU unfortunately. If they had to stick out, then they could have just made them black as well.

I dislike those blue connectors. I mean, why do we need color coded connectors? We are boys, sure.. but - we can read stickers and/or the manual. 

I would probably paint those connectors. Plug in some cotton wool and paint!? 

Aside from that, this thing looks very sexy! Love the paint job! 

I don't get the colour coding either. Maybe this is something that can change if do a refresh of the series? The Evolution 1200w has the same thing too.

Thanks for reading guys, take care :)

Justin

I thought the wrinkle coating was a really nice touch which makes it stand out from the others :)

I like the coating too, just the general look of it is too much like any other PSU or brand.. For all I know that PSU could've been something from EVGA, Corsair, Seasonic or similar.

It's a nice PSU, no doubt. But I feel many brands are guilty of this :/

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?