Star Wars Club - A Guide to the Force - Rogue One Story Trailer + Updated Canon Timeline

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

I would like a white saber.

Have no problem with Kylo Ren's saber. Maybe it's some ancient saber which he found. When they show a close-up the blade is not as clean and smooth as others. It's like it's throbbing and pulsating. As if it's a very old design from a time when the art of lightsaber construction was less developed. Or it's new but built by somebody lacking proper skills / instruction.

I was also thinking it was built by someone with lacking skill. But after i heard about the "knights of ren" i'm thinking its old.

(Since they seem to have the empire backing them)

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I was also thinking it was built by someone with lacking skill. But after i heard about the "knights of ren" i'm thinking its old.

Also Kylo Ren does seem like a wannabe sith who likes to collect old artifacts... hence why he worships Vader's helmet.

I would like a white saber.

Have no problem with Kylo Ren's saber. Maybe it's some ancient saber which he found. When they show a close-up the blade is not as clean and smooth as others. It's like it's throbbing and pulsating. As if it's a very old design from a time when the art of lightsaber construction was less developed. Or it's new but built by somebody lacking proper skills / instruction.

He is one of knights of Ren (recenlty found out about that), so my guess is that that the design was taken from knight sword, the usual one handed one. Maybe he constructed it or the person that started the order so he is carrying the will. And I like how it has an unstable core (I think that's what we see when he wields it against Finn). 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Also Kylo Ren does seem like a wannabe sith who likes to collect old artifacts... hence why he worships Vader's helmet.

Remember there are no sith anymore. when the empire fell, even though vadar died making his peace, the rest of the galaxy didn't know vedar turned good at the end.

He is one of knights of Ren (recenlty found out about that), so my guess is that that the design was taken from knight sword, the usual one handed one. Maybe he constructed it or the person that started the order so he is carrying the will. And I like how it has an unstable core (I think that's what we see when he wields it against Finn). 

There are no more light sabers created anymore, how he ended up creating or how he founded it is to be seen in the movie.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Regarding the hilt from the episode 7, it's just too late by now, but i wished they had modified it a but like this.

About this, I agree with Stephen.

colbert-lightsaber-star-wars.png

About this, I agree with Stephen.

Have you seen Clone wars TV show or the rebels ? if you did you would know the length of the saber is controlled and tuned by the master who owns it, if indeed the side of the hit is slit, there's nothing holding it down to be a hilt. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Have you seen Clone wars TV show or the rebels ? if you did you would know the length of the saber is controlled and tuned by the master who owns it, if indeed the side of the hit is slit, there's nothing holding it down to be a hilt. 

They are on my to watch list for a long time, didn't have the time for it. And well if you cut it from above, the part below the hilt is still connected to it. A strong enough material could hold it together.

They are on my to watch list for a long time, didn't have the time for it. And well if you cut it from above, the part below the hilt is still connected to it. A strong enough material could hold it together.

but then it wouldn't be a hilt, it'll be a awkwardly imbalanced 2 beam light saber, it's just not practical. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

but then it wouldn't be a hilt, it'll be a awkwardly imbalanced 2 beam light saber, it's just not practical. 

I don't think practicality was the point of this, because if everything was practical we wouldn't have the lightwhip.  :lol:

Fixed. 

Join the Darkside, switch to night theme.

here's a cookie.

darth_vader____cookies_by_jonhmartinezsk

I have a shirt just like that

Since this is a thread for star wars discussion. There is one question that is usually asked.

If you could have any lightsaber. Which would it be? And what colour would the blade be?

After the force awakens trailer i was really into the crossguard saber (European medieval history buff.)

But in the end i'd go with what i know. I've trained with both spear and staff weapons so i'd have to go for the lightsaber pike.

Ernr0Zh.jpg

(This guys grip and stance are both horrible btw)

With a deep purple blade.

I'm pretty sure jedi have no choice in regards to what they use. It's either a lightsaber or a lightsaber, unless you're a sentinel at the temple.

Also you don't chose the color of your crystal, they're naturally white and it changes color based on who you are

Apart from Samuel L Jackson getting purple light saber because he asked so in the DVD bonus we all saw, 

Purple is my fav color, so i'm gonna stick with the Classic Luke's saber Purple color. (The one Ezra made was pretty cool as well. *From Rebels season 1)

Regarding the hilt from the episode 7, it's just too late by now, but i wished they had modified it a but like this.

There are metals lighstabers cannot cut through. That's what the guard is probably made of.

I'm pretty sure jedi have no choice in regards to what they use. It's either a lightsaber or a lightsaber, unless you're a sentinel at the temple.

Also you don't chose the color of your crystal, they're naturally white and it changes color based on who you are

1. Never said you had to be a jedi

2. Inaccurate according to wookiepedia. (Some do though. If you make the crystals yourself)

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1. Never said you had to be a jedi

2. Inaccurate according to wookiepedia. (Some do though. If you make the crystals yourself)

If you were a sith your blade would be red, and if you're a jedi you don't get to choose the color of your lightsaber

If you're neither of those chances are you're not using a lightsaber

Wookiepedia agrees, kyber crystals have no color until put into a lightsaber. Artificial crystals can be made, but there is no canon as to limits. For all we know they can only be red.

If you were a sith your blade would be red, and if you're a jedi you don't get to choose the color of your lightsaber

If you're neither of those chances are you're not using a lightsaber

Wookiepedia agrees, kyber crystals have no color until put into a lightsaber. Artificial crystals can be made, but there is no canon as to limits. For all we know they can only be red.

One could join the jedi order and then leave though.

Known color crystals

For millennia, the Jedi Order lit lightsabers in every color and hue imaginable. However, following the Battle of Ruusan, the hues of most available crystals had been limited to either blue or green. Lightsaber color crystals could also be compressed, resulting in a pulsating blade, or they could be unstable, resulting in a core which swirled and sparkled.

Lightsaber crystals of different hues could also be used in the same lightsaber to make a new blade color; for example, Galen Marek used Rahm Kota's green crystal along with his father's blue crystal to create an aqua blade.

One could join the jedi order and then leave though.

You took that quote from the legends tab. That information is non canon. This thread is for canon stuff

Also if you left the jedi order i'm pretty sure you use your same lightsaber

You took that quote from the legends tab. That information is non canon. This thread is for canon stuff

Also if you left the jedi order i'm pretty sure you use your same lightsaber

But i don't think disney has given a different explanation as to how crystals work yet?

Crystals (If this isn't outside canon as well) are interchangeable.

Jesus christ i just argued about lightsabers on the internet.. I'm going to go kill myself now

There are metals lighstabers cannot cut through. That's what the guard is probably made of.

But i don't think disney has given a different explanation as to how crystals work yet?

Ezra built his own light saber which shoot aswell as perform as a lightsaber.

tumblr_ni2vwnUPch1s6fqh2o1_500.gif  tumblr_nit37mJQ0N1s6fqh2o1_500.gif

Path_of_the_Jedi_Concept_Art_02.jpg

And the inquisitor has his own custom light saber 

giphy.gif tumblr_ne5edcVtPR1tdkro1o2_250.gif

Same with the seventh sister in season 2. 

star-wars-rebels-seventh-sister-kanan-fi

tumblr_nn0rcbFqOi1s6fqh2o1_500.gif

dinesy has made it pretty clear that there are different types of light sabers in the new canon.

as fat as jedi selecting their color , yes it depends on what crystal calls for them as seen on the episode the gathering in season 5 of clone wars 

The various lightsabers possessed by the Young Jedi

1417026812944.jpg

121127-1.jpg

8167611235_89a13bcb16_b.jpg

clonewars_620_111612.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Yes crystals are interchangeable but it doesn't change that they have to find you. Also not only disney stuff is canon. Literally look at the canon tag under wookiepedia and it talks about how they work

Only an incredibly powerful force user could make their own crystals, and by the time of the movies that art is lost

Literally look at the canon tag under wookiepedia and it talks about how they work

Only an incredibly powerful force user could make their own crystals, and by the time of the movies that art is lost

nonsense, they at the time bought Star Wars from Lucas announced they are gonna be taking stuff from old G-canon and expanded universe to incorporate them into the new canon. what is art if not improved upon 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

nonsense, they at the time bought Star Wars from Lucas announced they are gonna be taking stuff from old G-canon and expanded universe to incorporate them into the new canon. what is art if not improved upon 

Yes, but that doesn't change that it isn't canon yet.

Also the plot for the new movies was written at the same time as the OT

Edit: I forgot to add, inquisitors all use that spinny blade thing. That's their staple. They're not custom

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Minor Update : 

Explore the ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ Planets In New Interactive Videos

Link : http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/planets?utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-yt-swbf-planetsexperienceannotation-1152015-tw-img-site-ramp

KqHLhQp.png

oOMJYod.png

BlESqLg.png

ntan1oV.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Noticed something in the japanese trailer.

Look at the "quillons" on the crossguard sabre. The "blade" of the sabre is clearly visible

http://i.imgur.com/2AoG9CH.gifv