Scrapyard Wars Season 3 - With Scrappy Guest Austin Evans!

[spoilers]

I fixed your post because it's probably too spoiley for those of you who refuse Vessel.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Btw, this guy wins the entire internet, so gg everyone else:

post-38705-0-79026300-1445851262.png

...again, assuming it can run a dx11 benchmark.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Agreed.  Never cared for his videos before, and this was my first proper exposure to Austin and I'm really not liking it.  This SYW personally has been a bit dull so far I think.  Nothing has actually gotten done, cos each episode how to now be split 3 ways, 3 times the same kind of footage.

Yeah, I agree with you.  This version of SYW sucks.  The only person seeming to be doing anything is Linus.

As for Austin.....he reminds me of an arrogant little pencil-necked moron.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

Btw, this guy wins the entire internet, so gg everyone else:

attachicon.gifgg-everyone.png

...again, assuming it can run a dx11 benchmark.

and wasting 5 min to load a web page? time is money friend

and wasting 5 min to load a web page? time is money friend

Hey math(s) is (are?) math(s) and a contest is a contest. Why try harder at beating an "approaching infinity" fps per dollar ratio? Surely that beats out graham's number for sure?

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Did Austin come to Canada on Work Visa or a visitor visa?

I suspect it is a visitor visa and he is working at LMG while here.

Someone should report him.

Intel i7-4790K Processor, 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3-1600 RAM, ASUS Z-87 Pro Motherboard, Corsair RM 750 PSU, 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs, ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX GPU, Corsair Carbide 500R Case, AFT Pro-77U Card Reader, Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor – U2415, Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920, Windows 9 (Windows 10 with StartIsBack++)

I don't think he's on a contract...

Spoiler

|| Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 || i5 3570 @3.5GHz || Zalman CNPS10X Optima || 8GB RAM HyperX Fury Blue @ 1600MHz || Thermaltake Berlin 630W || Zalman Z11 || Gainward Phantom GTX 970 || 120GB Kingston V300  (Gift) + 1TB  WD Green

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Tablet: iPad Mini 2

I am thinking whether the scrapyard wars participants watch what each other is doing through these videos  :ph34r:

Desktop:

CPU : i5 4440 | Motherboard : Gigabyte B85M-D3H | RAM : Kingstone HyperX blu 4GB x2 | GPU : Asus R9 280X DC II Top [RIP 2017] | PSU : Corsair VS 550W | Display(s) : Dell S2240L | Mouse : Logitech G400s | Operating System : Windows 7 64bit

Laptop:

Acer Predator Helios 300 (CPU: Intel Core i5 7300HQ | GPU: GTX 1050ti | RAM: 16GB RAM | Operating System: Windows 10 64bit)

I am thinking whether the scrapyard wars participants watch what each other is doing through these videos  :ph34r:

As far as I know the videos are released after the whole competition is filmed, not daily. They filmed the whole thing within one week and are processing the footage into episodes after that.

So far I'm liking it... Although I feel like hardly anything has happened in the first 2 episode which is something consider combined it's 33 minutes. Also, how many episodes are you planning? You asked what we preferred but I don't remember seeing anything stating what you decided to go with or I just missed it.

yeah, feels nothing much has happened after 2 episodes. I hope Linus isn't padding episodes in order to get more of that dbrand moneyz.

Hey!

Did anybody know at what time the 4th ep. of SYW will be up on vessel?

Ty.

Hey!

Did anybody know at what time the 4th ep. of SYW will be up on vessel?

Ty.

Tomorrow, usually around 0800UTC.

Sometimes I wonder if people who Linus emails realize that they're emailing the Linus lol

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

from watching episode 3 my prediction is this:

1. linus might win pcmark because of his ssd.

2. Austin is going to win the cinebench, since both linus and luke have the same processor and his is better.

3. Luke will win all the graphics benchmarks because he has the best gpu by far.

taking price to performance into account, i think luke has the edge.

conclusion: luke wins

You know what's sad? There's 3 different guys there and each one of them takes almost the same approach when the sky is the limit.

I wish one of the guys took the high-end route of getting sandy bridge + some water cooling for overclocking or going multi-cpu with some old server as a base unit to destroy others in cpu benchmarks while using some quite recent gpu.

Who want to hear Linus singing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgVQKCcfwnU?  :lol: 

-- sorry off topic xD
Responding to E3: Linus should rather use a Linux distro livecd to test his machine. It would be faster (and more efficient/useful).  :P

Imma noobz, using Linux, my hands on pulse, waiting for curves, 'cos commit isn't proof, but being kind is a move.  :P 

You know what's sad? There's 3 different guys there and each one of them takes almost the same approach when the sky is the limit.

I wish one of the guys took the high-end route of getting sandy bridge + some water cooling for overclocking or going multi-cpu with some old server as a base unit to destroy others in cpu benchmarks while using some quite recent gpu.

But most users here will probably do the same as Luke, Linus and Austin when they shop for a PC IRL.

A sky-is-the-limit PC would be yet another build who's a lot too expensive to consider myself ...

Who want to hear Linus singing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgVQKCcfwnU? :lol:

-- sorry off topic xD

Responding to E3: Linus should rather use a Linux distro livecd to test his machine. It would be faster (and more efficient/useful). :P

Ar least we saw an Ubuntu splashcreen at freegeek :P

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

Austin got an i7 2600 (non K).

Austin got an i7 2600 (non K).

Spoilers, goddamit! But thanks for info though. At least there's some difference in their builds

I hope the judges took into account the MSRP of store merch used to trade for gpu's...(cough cough #cheating #lienus)

And yes I know he paid $20, but a free t-shirt/hoodie was obviously mentioned when corresponding with one another in order to secure the deal on Linus's end.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

What GPU was linus using?

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

What GPU was linus using?

he was trying to get the HD7970

his current HD6850 is dead

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.