Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoodBytes

Windows 10 has been, or will be downloaded today for those who reserved - Don't delete C:\$windows.~BT

If you have a read through the thread (that will take a while wink.png ) it's basically full of everyone's experiences so far (including mine). You might learn a bit more about the Windows 10 experience in the process.

Do you really expect everyone to read ~700 posts? Better IMHO if the first post is updated, failing that then search which incidentally only shows one vague reference (post 565) to the folder I mentioned. ;)

Does this really work? For people who don't have the GWX.exe on and can't install? (asking for my friend)

that I do not know

if you're missing GWX.exe, then you're missing KBs

Guys, I guess downloading Windows 10 via Windows Update is pretty waste of time. Sometimes it won't install for some bad reasons.

You can always download your respective version of ISO file here legally.

And then upgrade via that, plus you get to keep ISO file for future clean installation on your PC or some one's PC.

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Well they did not give me a new Windows 10 key, but a generic key that everyone can basically grab from the internet.

My key is NOT generic. AND it is not my Win7 key, it's a new one. I don't know why you got a generic

My key is NOT generic. AND it is not my Win7 key, it's a new one. I don't know why you got a generic

Maybe it's because I upgrade with the media tool? Don't know, I'll do a clean install to see if it gives me a new key. I do have media center, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Maybe it's because I upgrade with the media tool? Don't know, I'll do a clean install to see if it gives me a new key. I do have media center, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Retail, OEM - System Builder, or prebuilt? (This is for both of you.)

Desktop: win8 pro retail, update to 8.1 added mce pack retail. Upgrade to win10 pro, using media creation tool, gets generic key.

Laptop: win8 pro oem, update to 8.1 still oem. Added mce pack, license is now retail. Upgrade to win10 pro, using media creation tool. Gets a generic key.

Both os are activated. Still in the process of updating to 8.1 on my laptop.

The os is retail, if it was oem, then under window is activated, that id will have the word oem in it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

OEM

I upgraded with the Media Creation Tool.

Desktop: win8 pro retail, update to 8.1 added mce pack retail. Upgrade to win10 pro, using media creation tool, gets generic key.

Laptop: win8 pro oem, update to 8.1 still oem. Added mce pack, license is now retail. Upgrade to win10 pro, using media creation tool. Gets a generic key.

Both os are activated. Still in the process of updating to 8.1 on my laptop.

The os is retail, if it was oem, then under window is activated, that id will have the word oem in it.

OEM

I upgraded with the Media Creation Tool.

Interesting... I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I should see what key I get

Just finished updating to win10 on my laptop, still generic key but os is activated.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I got win 7 home premium installed right now but I got a key for win 8.1 pro lying around. I assume if I upgrade from 7, I will get 10 home premium? So I would have to install 8.1 then upgrade to 10 I assume? Sounds like a bother :\

I also have 8.1 running on my macbook. Does anyone know if I can upgrade that one without problems?

Been on Windows 10 MacBook for a week now, and Bootcamp drivers where just updated. You should be good to go.