Project Parvum Argentum - The high power sequel to Loramentum - PSW Swap Update 27/02/17

Maki Role

Dat block @Maki Role, my inventor skills are pretty much the line tool compared to the stuff you can do

I couldn't even find the line tool in inventor. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• 3 weeks later...

Shh you'll spoil it! :P

Hopefully will be able to get a small update in today actually, that or tomorrow. Got a livestream interview with AMD today so may not have time to edit up the pictures.

If I paid you, could I send you some rough mockups I have on SketchUp of some 24pin and PCIe cable covers I'm working on to finish and 3d print?

• 1 month later...
UPDATE!

Well this has been a very long time coming.  I warned people that this project may prove to be a slow burner, but even I wasn't quite prepared for this hiatus.

Long and short of it is sponsors can be very difficult to find, even with a build as well supported as this and a solid portfolio.  As such, I've had to wait until I could afford to pick up some hardware myself.

On that front, I'd like to thank Wei Day from G-Skill.  Whilst unfortunately they weren't able to aid in this particular project, I'm grateful that they reached out to support offer support for the project.  Hopefully we'll be able to work together on a future build :)

That said, there is at least now some light at the end of the tunnel!

uf89C7.jpg

G5cRzF.jpg

So a few things were needed to get this build at least running.  I figured it was useless having all these parts just sitting on a shelf.  So I picked up some hardware to get things going, notably a couple SSDs and 64GB of Dominator Platinum DDR4.  I also picked up a temporary 5820k just so things can run, along with an H100i GTX for testing and running whilst waiting for WC bits.  I'll be using the 5820k later in a future project so I wasn't that worried about picking on up.

2x2TB Samsung 850 Evo

i56PVC.jpg

Had this spare from Aetos, will tide me over until I can grab a 950 Pro for some NVMe goodness.

WMaQJF.jpg

Much pretty RAM.  Still don't get the coolers though.

ORB7Mu.jpg

Slots right in there

NULnZv.jpg

Always wanted 8 sticks of Dom Plat, really fills the board up and fits the theme

dhXnhL.jpg

5DVftH.jpg

And a sneak peak too!  These are two very early concept renders for the eventual layout.  You'll notice it's missing, well, most things currently as there are just so many variables right now.  I'm not spending time modelling WC gear when there's no guarantee that I'll be using it.

zCWDD6.jpg

SYCcot.jpg

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

ooh pretty. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

one word and a special character;

Why?

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Are those 140s or 120s?

Why not?

+1

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

• 3 weeks later...

uf89C7.jpg

G5cRzF.jpg

So I had the opportunity to spend last weekend over at my first iSeries!  Was a real blast :D

I'd like to give a huge thanks to the Parvum lads for both providing me with a case at such short notice and for transporting my rigs there and back (even if they forgot the monitors rofl).  Another thanks goes to Overclockers who loaned me an Acer 4k Gsync monitor for the event!

I figured I'd take a few snaps whilst I was there too, got to see all the recent Parvum rigs in their proper environments (as opposed to the workshop), they're real stunners.

The prep and travel for LAN can really knock the energy out of ya...

shLqNA.jpg

u0mGNJ.jpg

RXgWuk.jpg

3QsdIB.jpg

DmWnk0.jpg

MSI all glowing

PS8ZkI.jpg

hjBl3Q.jpg

Gg5Zrz.jpg

pDqd7w.jpg

The lads pt1

YI7Hla.jpg

The lads pt2

EMTcsU.jpg

JKKpku.jpg

PDR6H6.jpg

Joe's monster, Lightning, is simply breathtaking in person

ihmnM9.jpg

MHW72y.jpg

The place was packed!

fUmJLk.jpg

I also decided to take some shots of the current state of Parvum Argentum once I got the rig back.  Remember that this case is temporary and that the final build will be planar and wall mount style.  No extensions or custom cables for this one currently, can you imagine doing that many cables just for a couple months of use?  Well, I can't that's for sure haha

5SEkTG.jpg

xvSWNJ.jpg

pf5ae0.jpg

ao1I51.jpg

sSNJBz.jpg

So much more desk space... for now.  

4Prrjt.jpg

How The Hell Did you get those sponsors?!?!

Epic Build Though. 

You are so lucky to have an opportunity like that!

Spoiler

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, Maki Role said:

Bet people thought this project was dead huh?  I think I'll just leave this here and let the imagination start churning out ideas...

It's alive! Can't wait to see what's next.

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/05/2016 at 1:06 PM, nmil said:

It's alive! Can't wait to see what's next.

Oh it's more than just alive...

Argentum Banner.jpg

Argentum Sponsors.jpg

UPDATE!!!!!!

So this is a big day, nay a VERY big day!  A few weeks back I got in touch with Bitspower with the view to hopefully securing a sponsorship for some of the WC parts in the build.  

Thankfully they said that the project was of interest and that they would be happy to sponsor all the components (bar the D5 pumps as Bitspower doesn't sell them currently)!  So a massive thank you to Eric at Bitspower for making this build a possibility!

I hope what they sent is of interest.  This does now mean that I can get on with the truly juicy part of this build, which has been languishing in the back of my mind for over a year now.  So without further ado, the hardware!

Box shot, yeah that's quite a bit of stuff actually

DSC_5737.jpg

First up are the fittings,  I'll be using 16mm acrylic tube for this build.  I figured since the rig itself is big, a chunkier tube would work better.

DSC_5743.jpg

The number of fittings is actually lower than you might expect, this is because so many elements will be incorporated into the chassis (like the pumps etc)

DSC_5744.jpg

The finish you get on Bitspower's fittings is IMO unparalleled.  I've used so many from different places, they really are amazing.
DSC_5752.jpg

DSC_5753.jpg

Since the final build will be hard to move around, proper drainage is very important.  These should help a lot
DSC_5748.jpg

Lots of rad space!  I've actually reduced the spec from 4x480mm to 2x480 and 2x360, this is so that I can reclaim more space.  I reckon I severely underestimated how much room the PSU and cables will take, this should help.
DSC_5761.jpg

DSC_5767.jpg

DSC_5770.jpg

GPU blocks!
DSC_5782.jpg

Nickel so as to fit the theme
DSC_5777.jpg

Now this I'm excited about, it's a THOR monoblock.  You may remember that originally we were going to make our own?  Well it turns out Bitspower made one already, which is great as it would have been a lengthy process turning that concept block into a viable one.  That said, since it's EOL there wasn't a clear one in stock.  I'll likely have to design a new top for this out of clear acrylic.
DSC_5797.jpg

All assembled the block is rather smart

DSC_5805.jpg

DSC_5807.jpg

Love all the nickel
DSC_5809.jpg

What do you mean by mono block? Sorry I'm rather new to water cooling and preparing for my first loop.

3 minutes ago, bdub109 said:

What do you mean by mono block? Sorry I'm rather new to water cooling and preparing for my first loop.

It's a water block that incorporates the CPU, VRM and PCH into one block. 

mono meaning one and block meaning...um...block. 

Oh ok I was just looking at the ASUS Z170S motherboard and the ek mono block for it. It's very good looking, I would love to use that combo in my first water cooled build. With white sleeved cables white ram and the white asus nano r9. I could only imagine how sick that would look.

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, bdub109 said:

Mono block means a single water block that combines the functions of both a CPU waterblock and Motherboard waterblock.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

• 2 weeks later...

following this one obviously ;D

• 3 months later...

Well this has certainly been a little stagnant hasn't it?

Argentum Banner.jpgArgentum Sponsors.jpg

So with Aetos finally all done and dusted, the time has come to once again move my focus to completing Argentum.  Got an awful lot of CAD work to do, but at least it's now happening.  Here are the latest renders for the first parts:

GPU SLI Bridge 1.jpg

GPU SLI Bridge 2.jpg

GPU SLI Bridge 3.jpg

GPU SLI Bridge 4.jpg

damn. Also realized that this is old Titan X and not the new Titan X Pascal. 

Still would be a killer fast build.