Project Parvum Argentum - The high power sequel to Loramentum - PSW Swap Update 27/02/17

Maki Role

that tube routing is very interesting I must say.
The fact that it says "render"(sad me) makes me wonder and curious to the result

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Glad to see you back to this :)

How many special people change?
How many lives are livin' strange?
Where were you while we were getting high?

Sounds awesome, have fun with it!

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

You should have just posted the renders and said that the build was complete, no one would know the difference. ;)

Check out my YouTube channel here and don't forget to subscribe :D

Current build: Project Athena

On 19 September 2016 at 6:03 PM, DildorTheDecent said:

damn. Also realized that this is old Titan X and not the new Titan X Pascal. 

Still would be a killer fast build. 

Would certainly be very cool to use the new Pascal ones, although thankfully for me they don't offer any real improvements other than speed (yeah that sounds dumb I know haha).  The big limit for my usage is VRAM, which Nvidia decided not to increase for the Pascal Titan Xs.  So at least I can rock myself to sleep telling my mind I don't need them haha

On 19 September 2016 at 8:23 PM, Bsmith said:

that tube routing is very interesting I must say.
The fact that it says "render"(sad me) makes me wonder and curious to the result

Just wait a it until the big block is done, now that will be interesting for sure.

On 19 September 2016 at 9:27 PM, AlienALX said:

Glad to see you back to this :)

Glad to be back at this, had to put it off all summer thanks to overly busy schedules and whatnot.

On 19 September 2016 at 9:33 PM, Trav_X said:

Sounds awesome, have fun with it!

Cheers, hope it lives up to the hype

22 hours ago, Str8f4c3 said:

Dope. Can't wait to see the build finalized!

You our and me both, it's been a long time coming

21 hours ago, _TechPuppet_ said:

Couldn't even tell some of the pics were renders till i read it. I envy that ability... This build looks like it's gonna be great, following.

Haha my favourite tactic, make the pictures look like renders and the renders look like pictures

12 hours ago, nmil said:

You should have just posted the renders and said that the build was complete, no one would know the difference. ;)

That actually sort of happened with my previous project Aetos.  AMD thought that I had finished the build months before hand and had shared the renders around.  Needless to say they were quite surprised when I said the build was done and presented them with the final pics.

Finished Projects: Loramentum, VesperModerne, ExsectusAetos

Current Project: Parvum Argentum

• 5 months later...

Well here's another semi-update to the longest running project log where nothing actually happens  xD

There has been a PSU swap! As much as I love the 2000W one, and it's no doubt a very high quality unit, it's just not suitable for home use at all. This is an earlier model I believe and as such the fan is unbelievably loud, to the extent that it's louder than the 4 GPUs on air during standard use.

So the 2000W beauty will be retired and going to Parvum to use in one of their stunning builds instead where volume doesn't play a factor. I think this is appropriate anyway as they're the ones who provided it to begin with, it should help one of their larger builds draw some nice attention.

Instead I'll be using a Thermaltake DPSG RGB 1500W Titanium unit. More than enough juice since I won't be overclocking (rendering stability) and it's nice and quiet. RGB is a 'nice to have' since the PSU will be very visible, but expect it to remain switched to white or off haha.

But in keeping with the rest of the build, I went and modelled the beast in full detail, including the Riing 140 RGB fan inside.

TT PSU 1.jpg

TT PSU 2.jpg

TT PSU 3.jpg

TT PSU 5.jpg

TT Riing Fan 3.jpg

TT Riing Fan 1.jpg

TT Riing Fan 2.jpg

8 hours ago, KrZaj said:

Wow you are alive :D BTW looks awesome as always.

I am indeed, although unfortunately I won't be returning as I won't support this forum anymore.  It's not worth the time to post when the moderation team decides to penalise small businesses and take issue with things that have been in place for months.  I will implore fellow modders to do the same.

Still Quite hard for me to believe those are renders, but I'll take your word for it ;). If you don't mind me asking, specifically what is the problem with this forum?

13 hours ago, Maki Role said:

I am indeed, although unfortunately I won't be returning as I won't support this forum anymore.  It's not worth the time to post when the moderation team decides to penalise small businesses and take issue with things that have been in place for months.  I will implore fellow modders to do the same.

The "no advertising" requirement is in place for everyone. No exceptions. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

The "no advertising" requirement is in place for everyone. No exceptions. 

More than happy to take my content elsewhere for you instead.  I understand there are no exceptions, but at the end of the day the staff on this site need to decide if LTT wants to be taken seriously or remain a back yard for youtube and that professional modders say "wait you post there?" to.

All sponsored mods are advertising.  So by allowing them you allow major companies to advertise in this space, but a personal website link in a signature is deemed too far.

Don't need to deal with moderators happy to wave a stick so that they can feel more important than they really are.

1 minute ago, Maki Role said:

All sponsored mods are advertising.  So by allowing them you allow major companies to advertise in this space, but a personal website link in a signature is deemed too far.

Don't need to deal with moderators happy to wave a stick (...)

I was with you...

1 minute ago, Maki Role said:

(...) so that they can feel more important than they really are.

...until that bit.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

On 9/19/2016 at 0:29 PM, Maki Role said:

-snip-

GPU SLI Bridge 4.jpg

I love that distribution block design.