Copper Tubing?

I think im finaly going to get copper tubing.

A few qeustions-

I use regular hardline fittings right?

What about soft copper VS hard copper tubing?

Can I bend soft copper by hand?
SHould I use tools for soft copper?

And I heard I should not get chromed tubing, but chrome plate it later?
Is this nesicary?

How would i get it chrome plated?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I wouldn't bend it at all... Bends don't look too good.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It will be necicary in my case.

And i think they look better than fittings.

Besides, dont want to spend a ton on fittings

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

never bend anything by hand

you must use the proper tools if you dont want to kink or crack the tubing

copper tubing needs to be nickel plated AFTER bending so that it does not oxidize

if you buy preplated copper it will look disgusting if you bend it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ya, there are plenty of tutorials on how to bend it, I personally think that if you can keep it from oxidizing then the bending would look great!

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

never bend anything by hand

you must use the proper tools if you dont want to kink or crack the tubing

copper tubing needs to be nickel plated AFTER bending so that it does not oxidize

if you buy preplated copper it will look disgusting if you bend it

Ok thanks.

WHere would i go to get something nickel plated?

Ya, there are plenty of tutorials on how to bend it, I personally think that if you can keep it from oxidizing then the bending would look great!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RJN1XIs0zU

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240 

So untrue!

il just go pinch some pipe benders from college for you ;) i studied plumbing.

Gpu: MSI 4G GTX 970 | Cpu: i5 4690k @4.6Ghz 1.23v | Cpu Cooler: Cryorig r1 ultimate | Ram: 1600mhz 2x8Gb corsair vengeance | Storage: sandisk ultra ii 128gb (os) 1TB WD Green | Psu: evga supernova g1 650watt | Case: fractal define s windowed |

So regular hard fittings or not?

And hard vs soft copper?

So regular hard fittings or not?

And hard vs soft copper?

Ditching soft tube all together I see  :P

And yes as long as the copper tube is the correct size compression hardline fittings will work perfectly. I would suggest using soft copper with the proper bending tools since hand bending will not yield very nice consistent bends, the main difference between hard and soft copper is if it's been annealed making it easier to bend and work but may require straightening. 

For nickel plating if you want to do it yourself you'll need to go to a chemical shop to get the proper chemicals but for someone to do it for you there are electroplating shops where you can send your product out for plating.

So untrue!

You can bend nickel plated copper but the bent section will have a slightly less shiny or burnish finished usually as not as mirror shiny as the rest.

Ditching soft tube all together I see  :P

And yes as long as the copper tube is the correct size compression hardline fittings will work perfectly. I would suggest using soft copper with the proper bending tools since hand bending will not yield very nice consistent bends, the main difference between hard and soft copper is if it's been annealed making it easier to bend and work but may require straightening. 

For nickel plating if you want to do it yourself you'll need to go to a chemical shop to get the proper chemicals but for someone to do it for you there are electroplating shops where you can send your product out for plating.

You can bend nickel plated copper but the bent section will have a slightly less shiny or burnish finished usually as not as mirror shiny as the rest.

Some good examples:

VgUdXDD.jpg

SS6PVLi.jpg

A few qeustions-

yes Regular Hardline Fittings. Go by Outer wall thickness not inner 

there are 2 types of hard Copper and 1 Type of soft that you can Buy in hardware stores.

L and M are hard types and are unbendable. This Type is mostly used in Homes and Comes in straight pipes 

Type K is soft Copper and comes in Rolls  while soft its still a Pain in the ass to work with without a Tool.

A to N tells you how thick the copper is M thinnest and K being the thickest you can get at most hardware stores.  you can get other thicknesses in hard or soft but expect to pay... 

Type K is thick and easier to bend when its softened type M could come soft but its walls are very thin. this poses issues to Bending if you were to soften it. 

Can I bend soft copper by hand?-

No if you man handle it you can get some mild 45's but trying a 90 by hand is VERY hard  and can Collapse the pipe. 

Yes Buy/rent a 3/8 or 1/2 Pipe bender

the Chroming will Darken and not look as good at the bending points

Is this necessary?

no its not you can Plate yourself but its costly for a Project this small 

take it to a shop or use a 12 volt battery and the chemicals to plate. 

A few qeustions-

yes Regular Hardline Fittings. Go by Outer wall thickness not inner

there are 2 types of hard Copper and 1 Type of soft that you can Buy in hardware stores.

L and M are hard types and are unbendable. This Type is mostly used in Homes and Comes in straight pipes

Type K is soft Copper and comes in Rolls while soft its still a Pain in the ass to work with without a Tool.

A to N tells you how thick the copper is M thinnest and K being the thickest you can get at most hardware stores. you can get other thicknesses in hard or soft but expect to pay...

Type K is thick and easier to bend when its softened type M could come soft but its walls are very thin. this poses issues to Bending if you were to soften it.

Can I bend soft copper by hand?-

No if you man handle it you can get some mild 45's but trying a 90 by hand is VERY hard and can Collapse the pipe.

Yes Buy/rent a 3/8 or 1/2 Pipe bender

the Chroming will Darken and not look as good at the bending points

Is this necessary?

no its not you can Plate yourself but its costly for a Project this small

take it to a shop or use a 12 volt battery and the chemicals to plate.

Great thanks