What do you think will be Best Optimized AAA Game for PC that comes out THIS YEAR?

kenjigreat

My Thoughts

Grand Theft Auto V- Rockstar did a pretty good job.

The Witcher 3 - CD Projekt still needs about 6-9 patches.

Fallout 4 - Bethesda will release a few patches and modders will fix the game as they did with Skyrim.

Metal Gear Solid V : The Phantom Pain for both.

I'm curious what you guys think since Kojima Productions did a surprisingly good job , Running Ground Zeroes on PC was pretty good for me.

If you haven't played any of the Metal Gear Solid Games though , don't start with The Phantom Pain. You'll be asking wait What!?! half the time and won't understand any of the plot.

GTAV basically has no contest for best optimized game. The team spent a ton of time making sure it ran well.

Fallout 4 has GOTY for free because Bethesda. Even if it's a massive disappointment.

GTA V was good.

Witcher 3 was good with the exception of the hairworks screw-up

Battlefront is expected to perform well because Frostbite...

Well half came out and the other half didn't.

GTA V was optimized rather well for Nvidia GPU's and all CPU's..

I expect Fallout 4 to run good, but.. It doesn't look that good.. Kind of a weird question tbh :P

And I don't get the GOTY question..

GOTY is just a re-release of the game with all DLC's right?

Fallout 4 not, because the DLC's will probably release in 2016..

GTA V is already old.. I will say Witcher 3

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well half came out and the other half didn't.

GTA V was optimized rather well for Nvidia GPU's and all CPU's..

I expect Fallout 4 to run good, but.. It doesn't look that good.. Kind of a weird question tbh :P

And I don't get the GOTY question..

GOTY is just a re-release of the game with all DLC's right?

Fallout 4 not, because the DLC's will probably release in 2016..

GTA V is already old.. I will say Witcher 3

I'm not talking about DLC , I'm talking about which game would literally be the Must play game this year that you could 'almost' ignore all other games.

Phantom Pain for both

Fallout 4 maybe gets game of the year

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Optimization depends on a whole bunch of things, so my question is what do mean by optimization?

Do you mean lowest frametime or runs the best for what it is. Some parts of games are harder to run, commonly foliage for example is harder to render than say a wall.

Game of the Year - No idea...

For triple A's;

Witcher 3 is awesome, love playing it.

Phantom Pain looks fun but so does Final Fantasy XV (not actually sure PC is getting this, haven't paid attention).

But some indie games are also great and I'm really liking story, gameplay and aesthetics over graphical fidelity now.

I'm not talking about DLC , I'm talking about which game would literally be the Must play game this year that you could 'almost' ignore all other games.

Fallout 4 for sure.

But GOTY is also a way of releasing games, with all DLC's :P

Like this:

Buy The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe includes Knights of the Nine and the Shivering Isles expansions plus Fighter's Stronghold Expansion, Spell Tome Treasures, Vile Lair, Mehrune's Razor and much more. This edition is playable only in English language.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/900883/

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Best opimised would be GTA right now, even though it crashes a lot, has stuttering and AF doesn't work properly. I guess Battlefront will be a good one as well, since Frostbite has proven to be a good engine, for both AMD and Nvidia cards.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I'm giving a big thumbs up to Just Cause 3. It's an insanely fun series.

Best optimized? This is tough because GTA V is running like complete ass now because for some reason R* is breaking stuff. Performance issues, texture pop-ins, memory problems, etc. I'd probably say Witcher 3, but I voted for Fallout 4 because I'm giving Bethesda benefit of the doubt.

GOTY? Fallout 4, no questions asked.

But GOTY is also a way of releasing games, with all DLC's :P

Like this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/900883/

Uh no, that's not how GOTY works. GOTY is an award handed out to the best game of the year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards

This is why you see Fallout 3: GOTY but not Fallout New Vegas: GOTY. New Vegas is "Ultimate Edition" because it never got a GOTY award.

Uh no, that's not how GOTY works. GOTY is an award handed out to the best game of the year: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Game_of_the_Year_awards

This is why you see Fallout 3: GOTY but not Fallout New Vegas: GOTY. New Vegas is "Ultimate Edition" because it never got a GOTY award.

Oh, so that's how GOTY works..

And that's why you can multiple games from the same year GOTY.. Well that's one way to confuse customers :P

Batman Arkham Knight is not on the list. I remember the earlier games in that series running pretty smooth

Oh, so that's how GOTY works..

And that's why you can multiple games from the same year GOTY.. Well that's one way to confuse customers :P

Yup, I'm not sure what constitutes as a "verified" GOTY award since anyone can start up their own company or even blog and hand out GOTY awards, but nevertheless when a game has a "GOTY" title it did get a GOTY award from at least one gaming publication.

Batman Arkham Knight is not on the list. I remember the earlier games in that series running pretty smooth

Good catch, I played through all three Batman games just a couple months ago and they all ran great with no issues. I'd probably say Arkham Knight is a high contender for most optimized. 

Best optimized will be without question Star Wars Battlefront.
Frostbite is as good as it gets when it comes to optimizing and I wouldn't be surprised if it also supports DX12.

GOTY is obviously going to be Fallout 4 and I don't even care about it.

RTX2070OC 

For optimisation people who don't vote star wars are kidding themselves. Seen any other DICE Battlefield games? Best optimised games on PC by far.

For GOTY it is hard to say since we haven't played all games, also GOTY could be given to all of those titles by various people. There isn't just one GOTY award lol... I would say The Witcher 3 would get one, GTA V already got it's awards, it's not a 2015 game.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

GTA 5 HAS TO be the most optimized game this year.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

I'll give GTAV "Most Optimized" although I don't really consider any cross-platform game optimized on PC given how far DX11 has fallen behind the console APIs. 2015 has certainly been an awkward, transition year for gaming and PC gaming needs DX12 to elevate itself from the riffraff because as of right now, it just feels like you need more power than what's necessary to drive current-gen games.

But Witcher 3 is my GOTY all day, every day.  I don't think I can ever care about a Bethesda RPG ever again after the Witcher 3.  Bethesda games just feel so mechanical and sterile whereas The Witcher 3 feels like an organic world.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.7ghz - RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB DDR3 Memory @2400mhz - GPU: Nvidia GTX 970 3.5GB @1500mhz - Mobo: Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z97 - Storage: Win10 on 240GB HyperX Predator m.2 SSD, - Ubuntu w/ Gnome 3 on 80GB OCZ Vertex 3 - 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Game Installs - 5TB mass storage - Monitor: 21:9 3440x1440 LG 34UM95 - PSU: Corsair RM 750w - Case: Silverstone FT01 - Cooling: Custom Water Loop

The big laugh here is that people are voting a Bethesda game as being well optimized

They haven't done a decent PC port of their games since morrowind

MGSV is the easy GOTY, witch witcher 3 just behind it

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R