R9 390X will only have 4gb of Vram?

Trolling

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/05/amd-confirms-4gb-limit-for-first-hbm-graphics-card/

According to AMD, 4gb is the limit for it's first HBM Graphics cards. (R9 390 and 390X)

If they want to compete with Titan or 980TI, I would of expected at least 8GB Vram. 

I'm sure they will come up with cards with more Vram down the road but it's going to be shitty for some of the earlier versions. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

4gb is enough for now to be completely honest, even at 4k. Those looking for something in that price bracket are also very likely to upgrade every odd year anyway. 12gb in the titan x are completely pointless, so would be 8gb (although I know they can't put in just any amount of vram they want). Ideally I think they should have shot for 6, but if there's a limit in the technology, so be it, since it comes with a lot of advantages too.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

For one, not having 8 gigs is a marketing disadvantage. And, 4gb is just about enough-ish for most Skyrim modders, but not all.

I really want to buy AMD cards and support them, but they are keep making questionable decisions. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

I really want to buy AMD cards and support them, but they are keep making questionable decisions.

Questionable?

Link me benches that show games that reach 4gb .

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Questionable?

Link me benches that show games that reach 4gb .

If your flagship graphics card costs around $700 and only has 4gb vram, it's questionable. 

I really wanted an 8gig version, also these are still rumours as far as I can tell but I wanted an 8Gb like they did with the R9 290X Tri-X 8Gb and the wanted to make the 8Gb version the R9395X2.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

i doubt there wont be an 8gb version, but tbh 4gb is really all you need

Shadow of Mordor's ultra textures saturate my 4GB frame buffer, but it's the only game that's done so at 4K. Is it worth spending a bunch more money on a GPU with more vram for the sake of one game? I don't think so.

asside from 4GB is basicly enough.

Why does everybody keep posting those rumor bullshit clickbates?

We will only know wenn they are exaly out.

AMD nor Sapphire has not officialy announced anything so yeah.

someone copied my Link from my post in the other thread...

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Wow rumors have been all over the map with the 390x recently. I give up speculating. Who knows when the damn thing is ever gonna be released, what its performance, price, vram amount, TDP and even cooling options are gonna be anymore. I have heard vastly different things on all of these.

The only consistent thing I've heard is that it will have stacked HBM memory.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Shadow of Mordor's ultra textures saturate my 4GB frame buffer, but it's the only game that's done so at 4K. Is it worth spending a bunch more money on a GPU with more vram for the sake of one game? I don't think so.

How did that game run for you at 4K with "only" 4 GB?

I played through it with a 4 GB GTX 770 at Ultra/1080p and performance was fine most of the time, despite (as in your case) always filling up my entire 4 GB and supposedly "needing" 6 GB.

Only 4gb for a new flagship? That tells me that AMD probably has something up their sleeves even beyond the HBM stuff they've been showing recently.

Maybe that's just me being hopeful, though. I feel nVidia has gotten way too comfortable at the top, judging by their recent behavior, and I really want AMD to give them something to worry about. Same for Intel, frankly. I know AMD is an amoral corporation just like them but at least if competition gets healthier they'll all try to be more consumer-friendly. Hopefully.

Rumours say 640GB/s of bandwidth.

4GB will do fine. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If this is true, it will be hard to market as a titan killer. What's even more, Nvidia are able to have bizarre memory configs, so what's stopping them from making a 980ti with 4gb instead of 6gb? It would be a first in history for Nvidia to have more memory than AMD on a mainstream equivalent card (Titan is not mainstream), and a 290x does not compare to rumored 980ti, even if 8GB of memory.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

No, just 3.5 GB.

Thought that it was patented by Nvidia . 

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

How did that game run for you at 4K with "only" 4 GB?

I played through it with a 4 GB GTX 770 at Ultra/1080p and performance was fine most of the time, despite (as in your case) always filling up my entire 4 GB and supposedly "needing" 6 GB.

It just meant that I was only using the "high" texture resolution instead of ultra (which claims to require 6GB just for 1080p). The game still looks incredible. When a game looks as good as Shadow of Mordor I have no problem with it needing a Titan or two to max out. If someone is spending multiple thousands of pounds/dollars on GPUs alone, then they should get something for it imo. I find it quite disturbing that in too many cases there isn't anything that £2000 worth of graphics cards can do that my £500's worth can't.

During the whole 970 fiasco everyone was saying 4gb wasnt enough anymore. AMD is going to release a 4gb card and now the fanboys are saying it is enough......

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

During the whole 970 fiasco everyone was saying 4gb wasnt enough anymore. AMD is going to release a 4gb card and now the fanboys are saying it is enough......

I think they were saying 3.5gb... 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I think they were saying 3.5gb... 

So 3.5 isnt enough but 4 is more than enough?

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

wait, everyone (including yourself) was saying 4GB wasn't enough when the 3.5GB 970 secret was outed? :lol:  Pretty sure there are some caveats that should be included, like Shadow of Mordor being the game discussed at that time, and the Resolutions that people are playing at with these high end cards (1440p and 4k). This is still true, and anyone claiming 4GB is fine for a card that supposedly beats a Titan aren't fanboys.

People should wait for a legitimate launch and/or press release to see what is actually true about Fiji, but I'm pretty sure people saying 4GB is enough had no intention to buy it in the first place. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

390 and 390X are Hawaii rebrands; they use GDDR5. Fiji will be a halo card with a Titan-like pricepoint and won't be part of the 300-series (which is 100% 1:1 rebrands).