What's your dumbest injury?

JT8101997

I actually thought about another time. In second grade i was doing a "worship" gesture, like some egyptian thing or whatever. I slammed my face into the ground by accident and lost my front tooth to the sidewalk. Dentist made it look unnoticable and completely normal again though :)

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Another one:

This past ski season, I managed to do the splits after landing off a box I was grinding. Oops! What made it worse was that my bindings didn't release and my feet were pointing in opposite directions with the skis attached, making me unable to move. Luckily, I still had both my poles and used them to release my bindings.

I didn't break anything, maybe overstretched the muscles near my groin area and glutes.  :blush:

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

When I was a teen I was playing basketball and injured my knee all by myself just trying to shoot a 3 pointer by jumping in place a little bit, landed badly on one knee that tried to bend backwards so it was fucked up for a good while.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I was taking the side panel of a really old case so I could clean it out for a client, it was jammed and in my haste, I was not watching my fingers and when it finally came off, I had a nice 1 cm gash in my thumb from one of the corners..

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

Being born with a broken collar bone.

I've never broken a bone any other time nor have I ever been seriously hurt.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

I went up a ramp too slow on a bike and fell off. My leg got caught in the wheel and took a pretty huge chunk of flesh out of my shin.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Decided to get going really fast on a bicycle and stand on one pedal then coast all the way down. I usually can do it fine, but I hit a pot hole and my body dragged across potholes with chunks of concrete that had fallen out of the holes... Ow. Thanks Michigan for the shitty roads. :P @tmcclelland455, you know my pain with bad roads.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Being born with a broken collar bone.

Ouch!  :wacko:  :blink:

I once bought really cheap toothbrushes when on an economy drive and it took me about a week or two to realise that the plastic seams along the edge from the plastic moulding were cutting into my cheeks at the edges of my mouth. 

Edit: My family was super super poor when I was growing up and they got me a cut price BMX and put "Mongoose" pads that they found (I don't know where) on it and told me it was a mongoose. After a while it turned out to have a flaw in the construction that made the front wheel very occasionally disconnect from the handlebars. Eventually I complained about it (money and "stuff" was a touchy touchy subject when I was young) after being sent over the handlebars by it a few times my mum's boyfriend took it to the metal shop at the college he was studying at and welded an extension onto it so that it stopped doing it.

I really wanted a tricking bike but I guess the only thing they could get was a racing BMX but I really tried my best to trick on it and it ended up with the guy who welded it (and who also machined me some trick-nuts from a pattern at his college metal shop) telling me there's not a single component on the thing that wasn't bent or buckled in some way. :facepalm:

Edit: Actually, thinking about it, I think the BMX was welded before it was given to me. It was an old racer that had the disconnecting wheel (which was a shame since I really liked getting some speed up on that thing), although I seem to remember them both doing it? Not sure...memory's a funny thing. :0/

Another time with my BMX I built a ramp with a counterbalanced plank integrated into it and it flipped me upside down and I landed on my back. I couldn't move for the pain and one of my mum's friends had to carry me up the stairs to our flat. I could barely move for a while. I think they wanted to take me to see a doctor or something but I refused to go, told them I just didn't want to be messed around and pulled about and just wanted to be left alone.  :0/

That was pretty dumb.

Edit: I once snapped a piece of glass I was worrying when a girl I really liked was sitting close talking to me and basically cut myself really badly.

Edit: When I was really small my mum went to answer the phone which gave me a prime opportunity to play with our garden fork. I was trying to embed it into the ground as hard as I possibly could and ended up spearing my big toe. :rolleyes:

Edit: I once hit myself in the balls trying to swat a fly. Not really an injury...but pretty dumb (and unusually painful).

Edit: I snipped my finger open with the end of a pair of scissors when cutting through a plastic cable-tie. It probably should have had stitches but I just bound it tight with sticking plasters and plaster tape, changing the dressing every day, but I (think?) I had a reaction to the glue and my finger swelled up to two to three times the size in volume. The most stupid part was that I was basically repeatedly building and re-building my P.C.  (in one of my more OCD states) and was getting little injuries here and there that were getting progressively worse because each time I got one I'd just think "well that wasn't so bad".  I guess the lesson in that is to know where to draw the line. :0/

Edit: I used to practice a martial art and went through a phase of wearing really tight, form-fitting t-shirts under my suit. After a while I decided not to wear the t-shirts any more but underestimating the level of support and containment they were giving me I basically threw my arm out of its socket at the first session I attended without it. Once that one healed and I was back on form...yep...threw the other one out. :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

talking to a friend when i was a teenager about my sweet new pocket knife, rub my thumb on it and sliced my thumb really deep. Didnt get stitches since i didnt want to tell my parents i just put alot of band aids on it.

when i was around 14 doing motor cross with my older brothers, they egged me on to do the big jump so I tried but hit it too fast causing me to flat land causing my ankle to be as round as a football, didnt break it since i had proper boots but had a bad sprained ankle

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I fell over once and blood poured out of my leg, but that's it. I have fallen down stairs 5-10 times with heavy objects if that counts.

Was cutting something with scissors and dropped it on my balls. As if the impact wasn't bad enough, it was bleeding.

I also broke my toes sliding around my house in socks

I skinned both my knees simultaneously when learning to ride a bike.

Was cutting something with scissors and dropped it on my balls. As if the impact wasn't bad enough, it was bleeding.

I also broke my toes sliding around my house in socks

I skinned both my knees simultaneously when learning to ride a bike.

F*ck dude, I can't handle this.....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

F*ck dude, I can't handle this.....

I'm quite danger prone and injury prone.

Most dumbed? Take your pick.

between putting a knife through my hand a few months ago whilst trying to get the pit out of an avocado.

Almost ripping my heel off kick starting my bike barefoot.

Somehow falling with said bike going straight over a flat surface.

Nicking my finger trying to move the guard on an angle grinder, whilst it was still spinning.

And the most cringe worthy, ripping open a testicle going over a bicycles handlebars

CRT TV fell on my head. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I was sitting and fucked up my back. Bigtime. Just saying.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I was sitting and fucked up my back. Bigtime. Just saying.

I really really screwed up my back but it's against he CoC to say how.

Basically it involved weights and potentially a certain amount of distraction osteogenesis as a side-effect over the period of a few years.

I ended up not being able to bend forward :facepalm: 

Probably the dumbest and most stupid thing I ever did (actually who am I kidding, I'm such a train-wreck at this point that's an objective decision)

I'm okay now but it basically took a ton of Yoga and martial art stretches before I could even touch my knees without getting shooting pains in my back.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I really really screwed up my back but it's against he CoC to say how.

Basically it involved weights and potentially a certain amount of distraction osteogenesis over the period of a few years.

I ended up not being able to bend forward :facepalm: 

Probably the dumbest and most stupid thing I ever did.

I'm okay now but it basically took a ton of Yoga and martial art stretches before I could even touch my knees without getting shooting pains in my back.

I can't touch my toes now. Before I came close. Now... Nope. Just... Nope.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I can't touch my toes now. Before I came close. Now... Nope. Just... Nope.

Have you tried doing a little yoga or some simple martial arts stretches once a day? It could really help?

Also probably a good idea to see a doctor about it?

I got frustrated with just not being able to move properly so I just really hit that stuff hard and I just feel so much better for it now. I just love stretching, I don't know why. I have to tidy my room so that I can get back to it. :0/

Have you tried doing a little yoga or some simple martial arts stretches once a day? It could really help?

Also probably a good idea to see a doctor about it?

I got frustrated with just not being able to move properly so I just really hit that stuff hard and I just feel so much better for it now. I just love stretching, I don't know why. I have to tidy my room so that I can get back to it. :0/

I've been attempting to touch them more which is helping.

I've had it happen a few times before and it just passes over. Just gotta take it easy for a few days.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

ive had a bunch of accidents but never really been injured but once:

When i was 6 i fell from a 2nd floor apartment terras/porch however you wanna call it, had a concussion and a dislocated leg/hip.

Most memroable was when i crashed my "race" bike on a trackday in spa francorchamps at 100+ mph, just my ego was butthurt

Let's agree to disagree

This is what i was like when i saw @JaSoN_XzIoN 's post 

DON-DRAPER-PUKES.gif

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I was journerying my way through the woods. Jump up on a log, didn't realize that it was slippery and fell on my back. It left a good 1 1/2 wide scar that was about a foot long.. Have no idea what I cut it on tho....