Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

HP Pavilion dv6000.... $1000usd laptop... Battery died after 15days (one day more than the warranty, so I got screwed ) Integrated webcam and dvd drive wouldn't work properly as in they weren't recognized most of the time... and 6months later the whole thing just died... CPU/MOBO heat related issues and HP warranty didn't do crap for me...

I ended up selling it for a few pennies

Main Rig: i7 3770k, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP, MSI MPower Z77, Corsair H60, MSI GTX 780 LightningI, Ultra X4 1050Watts, 128gb SSD, 4tb Storage.

Lappy: ASUS G46VW i7 3630QM,  16Gb Corsair Vengeance, 128gb SSD, 500gb HDD, 1600x900 Screen. 

My dell xps8000, I wasn't aware of the concept of building your own pc, the included gpu, gts240 ran at 100°C when gaming and crashed when playing. And a month after buying it, a new generation came out, with a better cpu and gpu at the same price. 

I still use it because i haven't got the money to build a new system. I still cry when seeing the awesome builds in this forum and on the livestream 

mac pro/ final cut pro 10 after that I went hello pc and avid for my job and never looked back. 

when asking on which you NLE shud use to edit video I will tell you to get avid and an mac. life is easy when it just works.

Razer Banshee headset, reviews all said it was terrible, but I bought it on sale for $50 anyway, still not worth it. Mic broke soon, horrible drivers mediocre sound and weighs too much.

sparkle gtx 570,with stock speeds cant run any "good" game under 83 C

My Turtle Beach PX21 headset I bought for playing on the pc more or less died after 6 months, I was really surprised how good everything sounded but the build quality wasn't satisfactory. Perhaps it was dropped 1 time too much from my desk(even though 3 feet isn't that high). Now I have a Steelseries H4 as a cheaper replacement but it doesn't sound as good unfortunatly.

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

a Lil B album

lol jk

anything PC related, I haven't bought anything that was "bad"

I guess my 7H because the mic cord broke o_o linus I'm staring at you right now

sparkle gtx 570,with stock speeds cant run any "good" game under 83 C

lol that's what you get for buying a ghetto brand

GTX 560 non ti

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

The 100$ I spent on an SLI 939 mobo which turned to be terrible.

Corsair H100i

3 days in, the red LED died, 2 weeks in, the LED on the block was gone. The CorsairLink software actually BSOD's you unless you install some very specific shit first (Windows 7 and Windows 8). Not particularly silent, the supposed PWM function of the fans doesn't work.

Antec 620.

Everyone raves about them. Mine was loud and had high idle temps. Tried everything to fix it then rage quit and bought an NHD-14. Best decision ever.

Apple  ^_^

lol, I can almost make a word for the people who hate Apple-lovers :P

Seriously things are only getting worse :P

Ontopic:

The worst computer-related purchase is the Logitech G500 for my gaming rig, it's both, the best and the worst I've ever bought....

The shape, button placement and amount of buttons on the mouse is just a GENIUS combination, but there is an unstable laser inside of it, and it doesn't react normally to several surfaces like a optical mouse would do, I can't use it on my Razer Goliathus Control edition.

It looks like Logitech reproduced the G500 with a better and more stable laser sensor in it, and also the G500S which has special surface materials and stuff, so yeah I think I'm gonna buy another G500 soon............

lol, I can almost make a word for the people who hate Apple-lovers :P

Seriously things are only getting worse :P

Ontopic:

The worst computer-related purchase is the Logitech G500 for my gaming rig, it's both, the best and the worst I've ever bought....

The shape, button placement and amount of buttons on the mouse is just a GENIUS combination, but there is an unstable laser inside of it, and it doesn't react normally to several surfaces like a optical mouse would do, I can't use it on my Razer Goliathus Control edition.

It looks like Logitech reproduced the G500 with a better and more stable laser sensor in it, and also the G500S which has special surface materials and stuff, so yeah I think I'm gonna buy another G500 soon............

You should've got the G400  ;)

EDIT: or the G400S looks cool too

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

getting a old dell laptop. Dunno the model name btu it was one of them laptops that burst into flames. Luckily mine didnt but we needed to change the battery three time before we got fed up and threw it at a tree. It still works but my standard casio calculator has better processing speed

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You should've got the G400  ;)

EDIT: or the G400S looks cool too

I know I know, Had the MX 518 AND the G400 before, but the G500 is just a little bit bigger and fits my hand even better! Don't get me wrong, because the G400 (and the G400S also) are just perfect, no doubt, but I am going to buy a G400 or G400S and mod it, gonna give the mid-part, where the buttons are made out of, a paintjob, maybe in a fancy color or something, think the G400 will be a better choice ;)

Steelseries Siberia v2.

I mean they aren't the worst though overpricedish :P

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Acer Aspire 5550, i bought it and after two months the cpu fried, no warranty at all because it was a sales from a shop that was closing down i got it for 300€ toooooootally wasted my money.

with me whoever, ahead who can

I know I know, Had the MX 518 AND the G400 before, but the G500 is just a little bit bigger and fits my hand even better! Don't get me wrong, because the G400 (and the G400S also) are just perfect, no doubt, but I am going to buy a G400 or G400S and mod it, gonna give the mid-part, where the buttons are made out of, a paintjob, maybe in a fancy color or something, think the G400 will be a better choice ;)

Send me a PM when you're finished modding or make a topic!  ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz (cooled by Corsair H110) Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | GPU: ASUS GTX780TI-DC2OC-3GD5 Case: NZXT Phantom 630 Storage: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB + 3 x WD Black 500GB  + WD Black 1TB + WD Black 2TB + Kingston V300 120GB PSU: SeaSonic Platinum 660W Monitors: 3 x Iiyama ProLite XU2390HS-1 Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Protheus Spectrum Mousemat: Steelseries QcK Heavy (40x45) Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II Speakers: Logitech Z906

My pizza:

It cost me £9000 and it broke when the delivery guy ate it, and it rusted.

Total rip off.

Nothing is worse than the bitcoin pizza...

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Sliders from White Castle.  

Never been more disgusted by anything that's been in my mouth than I was with those.

A Thermaltake V4 Black Edition... The worst case I have had to deal with... I stepped up to a 550D now though, so its okay!

lol I actually thought about buying it, then I decided to not cheap out on the case and got a Define R3

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

Buying a PlayStation... Back when I was a noob and didn't know or didn't care about PC.

GTX 560 non ti

I have one, it's actually not bad.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II