Know any good lesser known bands/musicians?

If you listen to electronica, Skrux has some mindblowing pieces:

I'm still uncertain, as to what you mean with "lesser known"

And when you say don't prefere a specific genre, do you also want really extreme music?

Well, here is some more extreme music:

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Try anything from Scorpion Child if you like hard rock.

well its not exactly  "main stream"

When Tool excessively makes millions of dollars per show/tour, I don't think they can be considered lesser-known either. :P

FX 8320@4.1Ghz, Noctua NH-D14, MSI 7870@1050Mhz, 8 GB 1600 MHz, M5A97 LE R2.0, NZXT H440, CX500M

Your rights matter because you never know when you are going to need them.

-Edward Snowden

Houkago Tea Time

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Birds of Tokyo? Guess they might not fall under the not-so-well-know category. Maybe even Karnivool. They're progressive rock, but the singer(same dude from Birds) is amazingly talented. 

Or maybe [ME]. They're an interesting band.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Looks like there are a crap ton of hard rock lovers and metal heads here. Cool beans yo. :)
Anyway, I'm still finding time to listen to all of these guys since my hectic schedule has gotten worse now (I'm graduating high school and my teachers decided to pile up almost a month's worth of work within a week...)

Thanks again for the suggestions and stuff (also, I'm having a hard time letting the site know that I WANT to be notified when there are new posts on my thread...)

PS: To those who ask what I mean by "lesser known", bands/musicians who are underrated/get very little to no radio time/don't fall in the mainstream/small or just medium amount of followers (but deserve way more). Basically, nearly all guys you've mentioned here (save for Tool, Nirvana, and Alice in Chains) I haven't heard of in ever, and I have to say...I really wish I did sooner. I'm loving the tracks!

Laptop - Asus TUF FX504GM

i7 8750H | 24GB DDR4 | GTX 1060 6GB | 128GB NVMe SSD | 1TB HDD

Peripherals

Logitech G102 Prodigy | Nubwo N12

• 3 years later...

If you like Movie music my uncle makes music that should/could be in movies 

Chase Holdfelder

Blues Travelers

KHS on youtube

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

4 hours ago, ErlSlutt said:

Wow, dat necro dennis_poncho48x48.jpg.cd17c836838d292fc7b80fb0bf8ff584.jpg

anyways...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Macross 82-99 is good stuff, if you like bright music. I'd say the best Album from them is A Million Miles Away, but there's not really a low point for them either. All is good stuff.

bl00dwave if you want some A e s t h e t i c music (in all seriousness it's really good I recommend his Ego Album if you don't like Vaporwave)

Carpenter Brut might be a bit more popular but he has some of the best loud and in your face music out there.

Vincent... Something I can't remember his last name... Has an album called the Pineapple Pizza Slayer and another called Weekend that has to be some of the most delightful music I have heard.

Mecha Maiko is a promising synthpop artist I would follow if you like that stuff.

Perturbator is another more popular one but has good dark synths in there. Like, best in class dark synths. In my opinion.

HOME has some of the most delightful music I've listened to. Almost everyone has heard his song Resonance one time or another.

she (thats the artist's name) has some of the best varied synth music out there, with Chroma being my favorite album. she definitely has a lot of pep in the music they make.

There's a few Synth Artists for y'all!

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Are we doing this again? Awesome.

55 minutes ago, DrDerp said:

Carpenter Brut might be a bit more popular but he has some of the best loud and in your face music out there.

I saw Carpenter Brut live not too long ago. An amazing experience through and through.

Nothing like seeing 700 metalheads singing their heads off to Maniac.

Trevor Moran is awesome if you like electro/pop-y stuff

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

OOOoooo, another chance to say LISTEN TO GALACTIC COWBOYS!!!!

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

21 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I saw Carpenter Brut live not too long ago. An amazing experience through and through.

Nothing like seeing 700 metalheads singing their heads off to Maniac.

NGL I'm jealous

Seriously though, I need to get Leather Teeth soon, I don't have the money at the moment, spent all if it on the PC and saving for college lol.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

1 hour ago, ErlSlutt said:

Why did you revive a 3 year old thread?

Just now, Some Random Member said:

Why did you revive a 3 year old thread?

Why not I guess?

Maybe the necromancer hadn't messed with his magic for a while?

EDIT: OP hasn't posted in years... soo

No idea what kind of broad genres you're into (Rock, pop, Hip hop, Ect..) So here's some of my personal top picks as of late. (I've been really getting into dark synth stuff)

Here's some semi-popular, but not super mainstream, rarely on the radio stuff.

Sky Ferreira - Synth-Pop/Darkwave

Everything is Embarrasing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEamE0MYPkg

The Tea Party - Progressive Rock

Heaven Coming Down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfaATa-qmG4

MGMT - Sythpop/Psych Rock. This particular song is goth/synth. If you like psych rock more, check out some of their other stuff like Flash Delerium

Little Dark Age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

Carly Rae Jepsen (SKIP THE DUMB INTRO)

Synth-Pop (in the style of 80's pop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFMVzo9zuE

Joy Division - Post-Punk

Love Will Tear Us Apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No

Bauhaus - Post-Punk/Goth

She's in Parties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCg4i1f_oDY

Anna Von Hausswolff - Neoclassical Darkwave

The Mysterious Vanishing of Electra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nre0hcDz5TI

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

MOOG

Unless you watch Mighty Car Mods, it's rare you would've heard of them.

Good night time driving music by the way. 

One of my favourites.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, BarackOBatman said:

EDIT: OP hasn't posted in years... soo

No idea what kind of broad genres you're into (Rock, pop, Hip hop, Ect..) So here's some of my personal top picks as of late. (I've been really getting into dark synth stuff)

Here's some semi-popular, but not super mainstream, rarely on the radio stuff.

MGMT - Sythpop/Psych Rock. This particular song is goth/synth. If you like psych rock more, check out some of their other stuff like Flash Delerium

Little Dark Age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtL5oMyBHPs

Joy Division - Post-Punk

Love Will Tear Us Apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuuObGsB0No

MGMT has won a Grammy and when time was right Time to pretend, kids, electric feel was on repeat on the radio over here atleast.

And comon. Everyone has heard Love will tear us apart.  It's featured in countless popular movies and tv-shows.

Great bands but not really lesser know/non-mainstream.

52 minutes ago, Cheezdoodlez said:

MGMT has won a Grammy and when time was right Time to pretend, kids, electric feel was on repeat on the radio over here atleast.

And comon. Everyone has heard Love will tear us apart.  It's featured in countless popular movies and tv-shows.

Great bands but not really lesser know/non-mainstream.

For MGMT, i couldn't resist the shameless suggestion of one of my favorite artists... Plus everything they released since then* has been pretty offbeat and experimental. (maybe except their new album)

Love will tear us apart? yes and no... youre right about it being in movies and stuff, but i feel like the mainstream doesnt really know much else by joy division. Especially when you compare to the stuff you hear on the radio today.

Not to mention, this thread is ancient, so its not like any of this matters anyways.

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

21 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

Carly Rae Jepsen (SKIP THE DUMB INTRO)

Synth-Pop (in the style of 80's pop)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlFMVzo9uE

I wouldn't really call a singer, who was a contestant on Idol (granted, it was in Canada), has a diamond and two multiple platinum certified singles in the US and who had Justin Bieber executive produce one of her albums, a lesser known artist. 

Even her least commercially successful album got her a lot of praise and commotion in the music press

Hmmm, may be consider less know or at least not main stream in the States.

LP

Spoiler

ASP

Spoiler

We Came As Romans

Spoiler

Stonesour

Spoiler

Kamelot

Jinjir

Spoiler

Ignea

Spoiler

Seven Lions

Seeed (probably big in Germany, but darn I love the sound)

Spoiler

Just some that part of my crazy huge list of bands I listen to.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU