Intel partners with Feminist Frequency and others

Guest Kloaked
Go to solution Solved by TheMidnightNarwhal,

Welp, i tried to ignore the Jim Parsons adverts, but now i guess I'll be officially moving over to AMD for my next upgrade.

You will regret it, trust me.

I suppose that is a fair point. In my own opinion, i believe sexual orientation needed a description because one cannot physically see the sexual orientation of someone else, unless you were to witness their affection with their preferred partner of choice. Gender on the other hand, shows a very physical sign as to what gender someone is. Surgical changes, along with masking ones outer appearance with clothing and make-up can change this too i suppose. Personally, i would much rather do away with a lot of the unneeded labels people place on themselves and others. Rather than refer to someone as "African American" you could just refer to them as an American, or any human in general. Though, that would cause complications when trying to properly describe someone while also remaining "politically correct". 

Thank you for clarifying the Cis-gender term for me. Though knowing what it means, i would still much rather keep it as short as Male, Female, or Trans. If i am a male that chooses to be a male, i am still just a male in my eyes.

-MageTank

Definitely, I don't think we need these terms, but I guess it's too late now. The problem is that with trans comes a whole other world of identifiers that get so damn specific, but people prefer to use them. Gender fluid? Tans-queer? It gets unwieldy. We need a map :D

I don't take offense in being called gay or homosexual, because it's true. Though, I'd prefer it was such a minute detail in my life that it didn't ned to come up every time someone mentions anything related to sex or gender.

EDIT - I made a mistake, cisgender means gender aligned, not necessarily straight. But, lots of people misuse it that way.

Shit man, I didn't mean for people to not buy from Intel anymore because of this. Things like this obviously don't reflect the opinion of every single employee there.

You guys can do what you want, but I think it's dumb to not buy from Intel because of their PR department choosing to go this route.

Why is this bad, exactly? So what if they want to hire a less cis-white-male demographic? Is that not good?

Let me hire person B because of genetics instead of the more qualified person A.

And the world slowly stops turning because of "equality" instead of hiring a more competent person.

what we need is a gender neutral society based on talent 

What should we call this society? 

I am voting on America #2: Extra Freedom

-MageTank

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

everything else is fine,having member's of the lgbt community in the workforce is good but having feminist's like anita f**** no,we had enough of the feminist shit about time everyone stops giving them the attention they breed on

Refusing to purchase from Intel won't solve the problem, though. Speak up and tell Intel it's a bad decision.

Refusing to purchase from Intel won't solve the problem, though. Speak up and tell Intel it's a bad decision.

I'm pretty sure they will care more if they start losing money

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

@69lover

better yet, i am pretty damn sure there was a Tenacious D song about this!

We could lead as two kings...

-MageTank

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Shit man, I didn't mean for people to not buy from Intel anymore because of this. Things like this obviously don't reflect the opinion of every single employee there.

You guys can do what you want, but I think it's dumb to not buy from Intel because of their PR department choosing to go this route.

Actually its not dumb, its taking a stance against a policy their PR department has chosen to follow. The PR company is supposed to represent the public face of Intel.

If they choose they choose to make a deal with the devil they can no longer expect my support.

The solution is simple, decline to go any further with down this route and start back peddling or hire an PR team that isn't retarded enough to drag your company into an ongoing shit flinging contest between your consumers and the media.

I'm voting with my wallet, If intel believes Anita and her Feminazi's are the way forward then they don't deserve my money.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Wait I'm confused, what exactly is the issue here? Intel has created a progressive and positive new hiring policy from what I can see. They are encouraging diversity, and the way the quote in the OP reads does not indicate that they will hire people who are less qualified. What exactly is the issue here?

Wait I'm confused, what exactly is the issue here? Intel has created a progressive and positive new hiring policy from what I can see. They are encouraging diversity, and the way the quote in the OP reads does not indicate that they will hire people who are less qualified. What exactly is the issue here?

Read the title ...

ever heard about anita and gamergate brother

this is what is wrong and many other things 

-image snip-

I've done a bit of research just now on Anita Sarkeesian, and I can't find anything that would make this new Intel policy bad. Sarkeesian seems to be someone who is critically exploring how women are represented in popular culture. I also see that she has faced harassment because of her stance on that issue. What exactly has she done wrong that would make people so upset?

my respect for intel just plummeted immensely. :angry:

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I've done a bit of research just now on Anita Sarkeesian, and I can't find anything that would make this new Intel policy bad. Sarkeesian seems to be someone who is critically exploring how women are represented in popular culture. I also see that she has faced harassment because of her stance on that issue. What exactly has she done wrong that would make people so upset?

She, like others, is a professional victim. They make money off of getting people to side with their baseless viewpoints. See Zoe Quinn's patreon.

I can also cite a lengthy news source on Anita, showing how full of shit she is if you'd like.

She, like others, is a professional victim. They make money off of getting people to side with their baseless viewpoints. See Zoe Quinn's patreon.

I can also cite a lengthy news source on Anita, showing how full of shit she is if you'd like.

I'd love to see any reputable sources that you have. I just can't see any proof that Sarkeesian has done anything wrong, and honestly this is all coming off as people being against feminism.

I'd love to see any reputable sources that you have. I just can't see any proof that Sarkeesian has done anything wrong, and honestly this is all coming off as people being against feminism.

Here you go: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/11/27/an-open-letter-to-bloomberg-s-sheelah-kolhatkar-on-the-delicate-matter-of-anita-sarkeesian/

as if intel's gonna listen.... what should we do ??? file a petition 

Yes, do something to get their attention.

I'm pretty sure they will care more if they start losing money

If the enthusiast/gamer market for their chips were what was keeping them afloat, then that'd be a good point.

Actually its not dumb, its taking a stance against a policy their PR department has chosen to follow. The PR company is supposed to represent the public face of Intel.

If they choose they choose to make a deal with the devil they can no longer expect my support.

The solution is simple, decline to go any further with down this route and start back peddling or hire an PR team that isn't retarded enough to drag your company into an ongoing shit flinging contest between your consumers and the media.

I'm voting with my wallet, If intel believes Anita and her Feminazi's are the way forward then they don't deserve my money.

Then take a stand against the PR department, not the entire company. Go to their Facebook page and Twitter and let them know how you feel about it.

Look, you have the right to do whatever it is you want. I just find it absurd to not purchase from a company due to an opinion from a few people. That's like me not wanting to purchase from Starbucks because their CEO basically told religious people to fuck off and buy coffee from somewhere else.

Okay maybe that was a bad example because I hardly ever get Starbucks, but still it's a good point :o

I'm so sorry that your thread got derailed so hard, people just love to be reactionary. I can't believe I just gave the definition of a simple few terms and I was slammed with walls of text of opinions I didn't ask for and serve no purpose of discussion. It's a bunch of people patting each other on the back and confirming their own opinions. I'm glad that you and I know how silly it is 'boycotting' Intel. Honestly though, you should have expected these sorts of reactions, this forum's user base has a heavy right lean to it so mentioning feminism will spur that sort of crap. Everyone in the thread about Intel going against net neutrality was all "oh you're so silly boycotting Intel" but the same people will rise up against feminism some how impacting how they use computers?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

see women have equal rights to everything and they should get those but that doesn't mean women should start shoving shit in the face of men and others,women for equal pay a good thing but feminism .... nope .... there's a tip for you go on reddit on /r/pcmasterrace and ask about anita 

What you're describing there is feminism, though. Feminism is the idea of advocating for women to have equal social, political, and other rights to those of men. Feminism is not synonymous "shoving shit in the face of men and others."

Well, she cherrypicks her examples (for example type "anita sarkeesian hitman" into google). She claims to be a lifelong game, some time after that a video surfaces, where she says, that she is not a fan of video games. She wants donations to buy video games to make videos. Instead of buying them, she uses other people's youtube videos. Which also mens she's not playing the games she reviews. There are more points, but thats just from the top of my head.

Another question: Why is it so important to raise the portion of e.g. black people employed by the company?

I'm so sorry that your thread got derailed so hard, people just love to be reactionary. I can't believe I just gave the definition of a simple few terms and I was slammed with walls of text of opinions I didn't ask for and serve no purpose of discussion. It's a bunch of people patting each other on the back and confirming their own opinions. I'm glad that you and I know how silly it is 'boycotting' Intel. Honestly though, you should have expected these sorts of reactions, this forum's user base has a heavy right lean to it so mentioning feminism will spur that sort of crap. Everyone in the thread about Intel going against net neutrality was all "oh you're so silly boycotting Intel" but the same people will rise up against feminism some how impacting how they use computers?

For some reason, I keep thinking LTT can be objective and rational with these things.

Here you go: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2014/11/27/an-open-letter-to-bloomberg-s-sheelah-kolhatkar-on-the-delicate-matter-of-anita-sarkeesian/

Yes, do something to get their attention.

If the enthusiast/gamer market for their chips were what was keeping them afloat, then that'd be a good point.

Then take a stand against the PR department, not the entire company. Go to their Facebook page and Twitter and let them know how you feel about it.

Look, you have the right to do whatever it is you want. I just find it absurd to not purchase from a company due to an opinion from a few people. That's like me not wanting to purchase from Starbucks because their CEO basically told religious people to fuck off and buy coffee from somewhere else.

Okay maybe that was a bad example because I hardly ever get Starbucks, but still it's a good point :o

Except that is how you get through to a company, If I start crying at intel that they need a PR department what weight does it carry if I continue to buy from them?

They still have me as a consumer. Intel as a company endorses what their HR department does. If they decide to say look we are sorry our HR department was out of line here is how we fix it. Then I will consider supporting them again.

Its not like I'm saying look Intel you can't hire people who are republican. I really couldn't care what an individual employees opinion is. But the HR department releases a statement it is endorsed by Intel until they say otherwise.

If Intel wants to keep that person as PR fine by me, but they need to set some regulation on what they can and can't do. 

If Intel's PR came out and released a press statement we are going to donate money to the KKK I would have an issue and would boycott the company.

If Intel's PR manager used his own salary to donate money to the KKK , I would have an issue with that individual but not intel. Frankly it would be in Intel's best interests not to continue to employ that individual but I am not going to boycott Intel until they fire them.

The KKK is an extreme example but Anita and her Feminist Frequency are an extremist group of feminists. I have no issue with Feminists and support equal rights, but her movement is not about equality. She has taken the label feminist and used it to cash in and spew hatred. I can give you a list of Feminists who actually strive to do good in this world and I support them 100%.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Except that is how you get through to a company, If I start crying at intel that they need a PR department what weight does it carry if I continue to buy from them?

They still have me as a consumer. Intel as a company endorses what their HR department does. If they decide to say look we are sorry our HR department was out of line here is how we fix it. Then I will consider supporting them again.

Its not like I'm saying look Intel you can't hire people who are republican. I really couldn't care what an individual employees opinion is. But the HR department releases a statement it is endorsed by Intel until they say otherwise.

If Intel wants to keep that person as PR fine by me, but they need to set some regulation on what they can and can't do. 

If Intel's PR came out and released a press statement we are going to donate money to the KKK I would have an issue and would boycott the company.

If Intel's PR manager used his own salary to donate money to the KKK , I would have an issue with that individual but not intel. Frankly it would be in Intel's best interests not to continue to employ that individual but I am not going to boycott Intel until they fire them.

Look at how quickly it took for the cry babies to get GTA V removed from Target shelves in Australia. Target obviously took notice of it in a short-length of time - surely the complainers were still shopping there.

Look at how quickly EA responded to the "Remove Anita Sarkeesian from the Mirror's Edge 2 project" petition. In that example, Anita was apparently never working with DICE at all, but still, they do look at these petitions and social media outrages and they will respond.

I don't know man. You can do what you want, I'm not speaking ill towards anyone who doesn't purchase from them. I just don't think that's the correct route to take.

see women deserve equal pay and stuff since they do the same amount of work,but shit like women getting promotion's over a guy who has done the same amount of work or even more only because  she's a female is wrong and those who advocate such thoughts should go down,infact should be put down 

I think that you are misunderstanding the concept of feminism. Feminists are not trying to make things easier for women and harder for men, they are trying to make things equal. If we lived in an equal society, when a man and a woman were both up for the same promotion and had done the same amount of work, the person in charge of giving the promotion would look objectively as both contenders and make the decision solely on how good they are at their job. Feminists aren't out to make life difficult for men, they're out to make the world fair.

I think that you are misunderstanding the concept of feminism. Feminists are not trying to make things easier for women and harder for men, they are trying to make things equal. If we lived in an equal society, when a man and a woman were both up for the same promotion and had done the same amount of work, the person in charge of giving the promotion would look objectively as both contenders and make the decision solely on how good they are at their job. Feminists aren't out to make life difficult for men, they're out to make the world fair.

Depends on which Feminists you ask.

Did you look through the article yet, or are you multi-tasking? :P

i think a petition may be the way to go....... 

btw i dont know why but i find sarkeesian hot ..... especially those lips.... 

She is an attractive woman, but when she talks her bullshit she isn't anymore.

Look at how quickly it took for the cry babies to get GTA V removed from Target shelves in Australia. Target obviously took notice of it in a short-length of time - surely the complainers were still shopping there.

Look at how quickly EA responded to the "Remove Anita Sarkeesian from the Mirror's Edge 2 project" petition. In that example, Anita was apparently never working with DICE at all, but still, they do look at these petitions and social media outrages and they will respond.

I don't know man. You can do what you want, I'm not speaking ill towards anyone who doesn't purchase from them. I just don't think that's the correct route to take.

To each their own, I don't believe in being angry with a company while continuing to support them. Sure I will see lots of shiny products that I want to buy , but that is what tests my belief in what I stand for.

Sorry your news thread has become so derailed. That is what happens when Fem Freq is brought in, she has created a lot of anger with some of the things she has said and so you will have very conflicting ideologies meeting in this thread.

Which is why I think it would've been a better move for Intel to just stay out of this altogether. 

R9 7950x | RTX4090