White Heaven ~ Enderman's S340 mod/build log ~

Enderman

noice noic3 n01(3

ultimate nerd boner l3v3l reached :D

Thanks m8 ;)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

• 3 weeks later...

I read all 7 pages and thoroughly loved this build log. I'm a huge fan of the s340s and your build is one hell of a job. I'd love to make an s340 build sometime in the future

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I read all 7 pages and thoroughly loved this build log. I'm a huge fan of the s340s and your build is one hell of a job. I'd love to make an s340 build sometime in the future

Thanks!

I'm looking to get an alphacool gpu waterblock and the monsta 280mm radiator in the next few months 

Gonna be fun :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I like the hear of that. Hardline tubing or soft?

The same painted soft tubing from the latest pics :)

I like the matte white on those ZMT tubes

Spoiler

So I am going to take the assumption that your planning to use the same CPU/Block combo?

For now yes. I can't find any other options that would be quieter.

My first plan of using the H100i pump is gone because I looked up the flow rate and it is definitely not enough.

My second plan of using another pump/block combo is also gone because this is already the quietest pump and block combo on the market, using a very quiet alphacool pump, and is also noise dampened with silicone already.

My only other option is to use an independent pump like a DDC or D5 and have it mounted on some vibration dampening foam.

The D5 is too large, so the DDC seems like the only option, except the pump will cost me $100 and the CPU waterblock another $100  unless I use this same one...

I also have doubts about how quiet the DDC really is from what I hear in videos, but the only way to be sure is to test it

So I'm going to be using this S24 pump block for a while, eventually buy a DDC, and maybe a CPU block after that if it is quiet :)

Also the DDC would have to be stuck to the top of the case because the entire right side will be filled with the monsta radiator, lol

Spoiler

Thanks!

I'm looking to get an alphacool gpu waterblock and the monsta 280mm radiator in the next few months 

Gonna be fun :)

That'll be awesome! After using my h100i and switching to air, I'm not really sure I could go back to water cooling though.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

For now yes. I can't find any other options that would be quieter.

My first plan of using the H100i pump is gone because I looked up the flow rate and it is definitely not enough.

My second plan of using another pump/block combo is also gone because this is already the quietest pump and block combo on the market, using a very quiet alphacool pump, and is also noise dampened with silicone already.

My only other option is to use an independent pump like a DDC or D5 and have it mounted on some vibration dampening foam.

The D5 is too large, so the DDC seems like the only option, except the pump will cost me $100 and the CPU waterblock another $100  unless I use this same one...

I also have doubts about how quiet the DDC really is from what I hear in videos, but the only way to be sure is to test it

So I'm going to be using this S24 pump block for a while, eventually buy a DDC, and maybe a CPU block after that if it is quiet :)

Also the DDC would have to be stuck to the top of the case because the entire right side will be filled with the monsta radiator, lol

What you can do with the D5 is have a res/pump combo unit...have the res be mounted with the bundled clips into those slot on the "wire management" piece thing... and then have the pump be mounted with some long bolt and a lot of nuts...

Of course you would have to drill some holes out for the bolt to go through...

Well in my mind, that is how I vision how to mount a D5 in a future build of mine...but that doesn't mean I will work...

What you can do with the D5 is have a res/pump combo unit...have the res be mounted with the bundled clips into those slot on the "wire management" piece thing... and then have the pump be mounted with some long bolt and a lot of nuts...

Of course you would have to drill some holes out for the bolt to go through...

Well in my mind, that is how I vision how to mount a D5 in a future build of mine...but that doesn't mean I will work...

I'm not using a resevoir, not enough space for that.

With the monsta 280 radiator I need to remove the wire management bracket because it takes up ALL that space on the right of the case

There will be no space left there for any pump or res

I can remove the need of a res from the loop, but I cant remove the pump

The pump cant get below the GPU because thats where my SSD is, and it cant go on the CPU (there are some DDC CPU blocks that mount it on the CPU) because that would cause vibration noise

So my only choice is to stick it to the roof, unless I choose to remove the rear fan and mount it there...

post-4438-0-74046400-1433051403.png

Spoiler

I'm not using a resevoir, not enough space for that.

With the monsta 280 radiator I need to remove the wire management bracket because it takes up ALL that space on the right of the case

There will be no space left there for any pump or res

I can remove the need of a res from the loop, but I cant remove the pump

The pump cant get below the GPU because thats where my SSD is, and it cant go on the CPU (there are some DDC CPU blocks that mount it on the CPU) because that would cause vibration noise

So my only choice is to stick it to the roof, unless I choose to remove the rear fan and mount it there...

You could technically mount he pump on that spare SSD bracket with some drilling or remove the bracket entirely and have the pump mounted to the shroud of the PSU...

You could technically mount he pump on that spare SSD bracket with some drilling or remove the bracket entirely and have the pump mounted to the shroud of the PSU...

I posted a pic of what the radiator will be like in the previous post ^^^

But yeah looking at it now I could fit a DDC in front of my sound card

I wouldnt be able to have 2 SSDs but I guess thats not a big deal

I will work on a few tubing routing layouts and see which looks best :) Thanks for the ideas

Spoiler

I posted a pic of what the radiator will be like in the previous post ^^^

But yeah looking at it now I could fit a DDC in front of my sound card

I wouldnt be able to have 2 SSDs but I guess thats not a big deal

I will work on a few tubing routing layouts and see which looks best :) Thanks for the ideas

You could install a PCI-E SSD or have the SSD just dangling around in the PSU shroud.

But glad I could suggest an idea to your build. 

You could install a PCI-E SSD or have the SSD just dangling around in the PSU shroud.

But glad I could suggest an idea to your build. 

Nah I want at least one SSD there for the looks :)

Spoiler

What's the fan in the middle of Mobo for? This is the first time I've ever seen that.

It cools the components underneath the thermal armour

without it they can get quite hot since I don't use an air CPU cooler

most of the ASUS sabertooth boards have it

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

I need to know which filter from Silverstone did you used as the PSU dust filter!
The largest I've seen is a 140mm one... 
The one that comes with the case is soooo not a dust filter... perhaps a rodent filter :P

CPU: Intel i7 4790 Quad-Core (8 threads) 3.6GHz - 4.0GHz (Turbo) | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87  | RAM: HyperX 16Gb(2x8Gb) 1866MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB Case: NZXT S340 | CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 | Case Fans:  NZXT FN V2 120mm x2, Rosewill Hyperborea 140mm x2 | PSU: Seasonic S12G 550 | Lighting: Darkside RGB LED Strip SSD: Samsung 850 EVO | Monitor: ASUS PB258Q | OS: Ubuntu 14.04 

I need to know which filter from Silverstone did you used as the PSU dust filter!

The largest I've seen is a 140mm one... 

The one that comes with the case is soooo not a dust filter... perhaps a rodent filter :P

the one that comes with the case is a piece of crappy plastic with holes in it xD

I bought the 140mm white filter and cut the corners to fit (because the case feet are in the way)

but this meant it didnt stick properly with the magnets so I used some of my white vinyl to stick it on

you can use tape, same thing

just a bit difficult to remove for cleaning, but you can also just vacuum it without removing it and that works

Spoiler

the one that comes with the case is a piece of crappy plastic with holes in it xD

I bought the 140mm white filter and cut the corners to fit (because the case feet are in the way)

but this meant it didnt stick properly with the magnets so I used some of my white vinyl to stick it on

you can use tape, same thing

just a bit difficult to remove for cleaning, but you can also just vacuum it without removing it and that works

I thought it would not be enough but I just measured and it is large enough to at least cover the wholes in that area.

Thanks!

CPU: Intel i7 4790 Quad-Core (8 threads) 3.6GHz - 4.0GHz (Turbo) | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z87  | RAM: HyperX 16Gb(2x8Gb) 1866MHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB Case: NZXT S340 | CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7 | Case Fans:  NZXT FN V2 120mm x2, Rosewill Hyperborea 140mm x2 | PSU: Seasonic S12G 550 | Lighting: Darkside RGB LED Strip SSD: Samsung 850 EVO | Monitor: ASUS PB258Q | OS: Ubuntu 14.04 

• 3 weeks later...

post-4438-0-43932900-1436679213_thumb.pn

UPDATE!

The story of the unexpected upgrades...

So it began when I decided to plug my new 4TB WD Red HDD into my system....I plugged it in, booted up fine, then began shutting down.It was taking a lot longer than usual so I decided to hold the power button so I could reset and rearrange my boot priorities in the BIOS. A loud "POP" was heard (the kind you hear from a spark going off) and everything went black.It would no longer boot.I tore the system apart trying to find the cause, and finally I take out my AX860I, plug it in, and press the self-test button.The LED went red then shut off. PSU failure. So a few days later I get my brand new Seasonic PSU from NCIX, hoping the PSU was the only issue.Nope. Still does not boot.I troubleshoot myself as well as get some parts tested at NCIX (because I don't have a second PC)Apparently my motherboard, CPU, and hard drives dies as well.:C So I don't know if the PSU fried almost all my parts, or if the motherboard caused the PSU to die, but long story short a lot of stuff died.STUFF THAT SURVIVED: my SSD (thank god, it had all my important data on it), the case (lol of course), the GPU (got lucky here) and the ram So I went out and got my 4TB HDD replaced, bought a new Sabertooth Mark S motherboard, a new 4790k CPU to go with it, and a 512GB Samsung SSD because I would have to reinstall windows and might as well upgrade my old SSD now that I had the chance. Got everything running again, windows reinstalled, and all my programs back to how it originally was. It was an extremely stressful 7 days and over $1000 in repairs, but I got it working again!Currently in the process of RMAing some of the dead parts and then planning to sell them.The 850 PRO is not vynil wrapped yet, and I have to modify my Fractal Design Kelvin watercooling loop to fit in the new motherboard (the CPU block needs to be rotated 90 degrees to fit)

Well that was a long story, NOW FOR THE PICS! :D

The 4TB WD Red HDD:

ZjpTbcb.jpg

sYOctll.jpg

The mess during the diagnosing/repair phase:

fLdDM4v.jpg

A better look inside the PSU compartment - almost completely lined in sound dampening foam:

ZKe5psf.jpg

gFujQvp.jpg

A closer look at the white carbon fiber vinyl wrapped SSD (this is the old Force GT 240GB, havent wrapped the 850 PRO yet)

ix937fJ.jpg

KyiG02V.jpg

yPq8pJD.jpg

O3qSy02.jpg

And now the new Seasonic Platinum 760W PSU:

NWHrjum.jpg

APUEtqZ.jpg

Nice cable packaging. Flat black cables, various lengths, lots of connectors.

VcdN0Hq.jpg

Even comes with accessories such as zip ties and reusable velcro ties!

PaKVDr0.jpg

A very nice thick power cable. Just as thick as the one from the AX860i

mOeR1Ac.jpg

Very compact PSU, about the same size as the AX860i

p4OT5Am.jpg

Fully modular interface.

BfzYBLW.jpg

Small logos, black on all sides, very sleek looking and subtle. Also a great surface if you want to do any paint/vinyl mods :)

BfzYBLW.jpg

And finally for the system pics: (please note I kinda rushed these, I will take better glamour shots when I get the second SSD wrapped and Kelvin watercooling loop installed)

cdVNkdz.jpg

tlvo1H0.jpg

GMNqLWe.jpg

SOE1OTJ.jpg

hLy0O5f.jpg

6oLEBEz.jpg

xiEI7Zr.jpg

IFsGGHW.jpg

eGextKG.jpg

Look for ward to some glamour shots when I finish wrapping the SSD and installing the Kelvin watercooling loop!
Thanks for reading :)

Spoiler

quick question... how did you sleeve the AIO cooler hoses? they look so sick!

white palstidip ;)

Spoiler

white palstidip ;)

I get the feeling your K95 has MX reds

Also, props that you already updated your signature. I never remember that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it