How hard did you cringe?

TheMail

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

It's a good idea. My job requires me to speak to 60-80 year old men and women regarding computers on a daily basis. They generally have no clue of how to do anything else than "open google to check their email". 

And that's because their children usually sets up icons on their desktop marked "MAIL", "FACEBOOK" & "NEWS". If you ask them what browser it is, they say "Mozarella Firebox".

Potato

It's a good idea. My job requires me to speak to 60-80 year old men and women regarding computers on a daily basis. They generally have no clue of how to do anything else than "open google to check their email". 

And that's because their children usually sets up icons on their desktop marked "MAIL", "FACEBOOK" & "NEWS". If you ask them what browser it is, they say "Mozarella Firebox".

but for $999?!

These people should be arrested for scamming old people so hard

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

my-body-is-ready.png

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

but for $999?!

From your perspective it's ridiculous. Then again, turn that perspective and think about how ridiculous it is to pay $140 for a "gaming keyboard".

Doesn't sound so silly now, does it?

Potato

From your perspective it's ridiculous. Then again, turn that perspective and think about how ridiculous it is to pay $140 for a "gaming keyboard".

Doesn't sound so silly now, does it?

Key switches are not cheap, neither is brushed alumium, individual backlights, macro keys... the list goes on......

However the price of that computer is utterly ridiculous it could be built for easily a quarter of the price

Thats a huge rip off.

CPU: 2500k 4.6 Ghz 1.38V   Cooler: CM Seidon 120M   Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V   Memory: Patriot 1600 Mhz (4x4Gb)   GPU: MSI Twin Frozer 3 7950 (1100/1500)  

Storage: Patriot Pyro SE 120Gb, Seagate 500Gb,  HGST 1Tb   PSU: OCZ 700W   Monitor: Dell ST2420L   Mouse: Razer Naga 2012   Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire Ultimate (Mx Blues)  

If people can sell that im going to become a salesmen.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

If people can sell that im going to become a salesmen.

Yeah, i wouldnt mind that profit margin :D

Probably based on Windows NT

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Granddad noooooooooooooooo

Really sad..

What are the hardware specs of the WOW! Computer™?

Screen 20" High Definition, 16:9 Widescreen Panel (1600 x 900 pixels) Processor AMD® Dual-Core E-350 (1.6GHz) Processor Memory 2G DDR3 / DDR3 SO-DIMM x 2 Slots Hard Drive 500GB 3.5" SATA II Disk Drive Tray-in DVD/CD Super Multi Webcam Built-in Webcam with microphone Touch Screen Multi Touch Screen Rear Input/Output 6 USB ports, 1 microphone in, 1 earphone out, 10/100/1000 LAN, HDMI (out) Side Input/Output 1 Card Reader with 6-in-1 memory, 2 USB ports (1 with Super Charger), 1 DC jack Wireless 802.11 b/g/n Speakers Two 3W Stereo Speakers with SRS Premium Sound Technology Input Devices USB keyboard and mouse are included.

Looks like a PC they had in Maximum PC a while ago in and if it is I think it's a custom Linux distro.

I think it should be $499 at the MOST. A laptop or tablet would be better in my opinion.

For my parents I gave them my old parts so it cost nothing for them and just my time. Plus it cleared out some space, I have too much stuff anyway! :)

Nice computer, would be a hefty paperweight for all my papers.

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

IF they include a basic support type service included with the price, then I don't see what the big deal is.  If it's not included, then it's a major ripoff.

In case anyone didn't see the specs...

Screen 20" High Definition, 16:9 Widescreen Panel (1600 x 900 pixels)

Processor AMD® Dual-Core E-350 (1.6GHz) Processor

Memory 2G DDR3 / DDR3 SO-DIMM x 2 Slots

Hard Drive 500GB 3.5" SATA II Disk Drive Tray-in DVD/CD Super Multi

Webcam Built-in Webcam with microphone

Touch Screen Multi Touch Screen

Rear Input/Output 6 USB ports, 1 microphone in, 1 earphone out, 10/100/1000 LAN, HDMI (out) 

Side Input/Output 1 Card Reader with 6-in-1 memory, 2 USB ports (1 with Super Charger), 1 DC jack

Wireless 802.11 b/g/n

Speakers Two 3W Stereo Speakers with SRS Premium Sound Technology

Input Devices USB keyboard and mouse are included.

I'm sure your gramps doesn't need a Quad core i7 CPU with Hyperthreading with a Geforce Titan in his desktop.

And they say their customer service is based in the US which if true would cost more then if they were out sourcing their tech support to Bumfudge India somewhere.

Rear Input/Output 6 USB ports, 1 microphone in, 1 earphone out, 10/100/1000 LAN, HDMI (out) 

Side Input/Output 1 Card Reader with 6-in-1 memory, 2 USB ports (1 with Super Charger), 1 DC jack

Wireless 802.11 b/g/n

so detached I wouldn't give a flying shit, it's designed for people who need it, people who don't need a damn computer, they just need half of one
for $1000, again I don't care, their problem if they are conned out

Wireless 802.11 b/g/n

Now I am certain that its a complete rip off. although I was expecting it to have bad specs this is beyond what I was imagining.

It was around a three, I can see where they're coming from even though it's diabolical... Then I saw this

• "Built in games like Sudoku & Solitaire"

Now my cringe level is easily 8

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

cringe level of 0.

seriously. old people don't need anyhting other than the simple of things. obviously no one here has grandparents because the first thing they'll start complaining about is dat complicated technology. software costs money too. not just hardware.

cringe level of 0.

seriously. old people don't need anyhting other than the simple of things. obviously no one here has grandparents because the first thing they'll start complaining about is dat complicated technology. software costs money too. not just hardware.

Yea but for the price the hardware is way too shitty, and the software on it is probably a poorly written one that probably crashes if you move the mouse in the wrong direction

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE