Samsung couldn't resist turning the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge into an ad

Dietrichw

This is legit but is sooooooo biased it's almost not funny anymore...

Oh wait that's cause it isn't xD

What? Biased? Did you watch the video? Bias doesn't even enter into the objective conclusion you can make that they did something strange in that ad.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Since it's a phone and not a person, how about a boiling water challenge?

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Correct me if I'm wrong but the ice bucket challenge started as a stand alone thing (like, months ago). The charity part has only very recently been attached to it, it's not like anyone is obliged to mention ALS or similar.

No mention here, or many others that I've seen.

To do it NOW without mentioning ALS is pretty slack, though.

Also lol, the time on the phone time changes from 2:16 to 2:50. Guess it didn't survive that one...

We were doing this in New Zealand like 2 months ago...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I think the ALS challenge is stupid personally, Nice going Samsung on the twist!

It's raised over $50 million for ALS research since it started. What's stupid about that?

What? Biased? Did you watch the video? Bias doesn't even enter into the objective conclusion you can make that they did something strange in that ad.

>.> I said they were right it was faked but that doesn't make it any less biased with the way they were bringing entirely unrelated and subjective things into the picture to make samsung look worst; I honestly can't believe the took the damn ad seriously... IT WAS A DAMN JOKE... 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

>.> I said they were right it was faked but that doesn't make it any less biased with the way they were bringing entirely unrelated and subjective things into the picture to make samsung look worst; I honestly can't believe the took the damn ad seriously... IT WAS A DAMN JOKE... 

A joke? They were trying to claim it could survive the ice bucket challenge, and it couldn't.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Was gonna say something because this isn't that big of a deal lol.

Main thing was them "abusing" the ALS challenge by using to their own advantage.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

A joke? They were trying to claim it could survive the ice bucket challenge, and it couldn't.

So in jokes everything has to be factual? SINCE WHEN? And how many times has apple done stuff like this and everyone reaction was just "it's just apple being apple" or the like...

And the guys reviewing this at daring fireball didn't need to just bring up the 840 evo and call it a cheater xD that's the part that pissed me off it's like this guys clearly biased as hell bringing up unrelated products to smite the company and using slanderous and false terms to describe it it's not cheating the 840Evo may use software to increase it's speeds thats like saying graphics cards cheat for having drivers it's not like a faster drive than 840Evo (like 730 from intel for example) couldn't repeat half them things to be even faster xD they just didn't think of it first...

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

We were doing this in New Zealand like 2 months ago...

Yeah, I think it might have started there or here in Australia.

It's raised over $50 million for ALS research since it started. What's stupid about that?

Nothing. Its just the waste of water and people getting hurt that has made it stupid. Either way it has worked, its still stupid imo.

So in jokes everything has to be factual? SINCE WHEN? And how many times has apple done stuff like this and everyone reaction was just "it's just apple being apple" or the like...

And the guys reviewing this at daring fireball didn't need to just bring up the 840 evo and call it a cheater xD that's the part that pissed me off it's like this guys clearly biased as hell bringing up unrelated products to smite the company and using slanderous and false terms to describe it it's not cheating the 840Evo may use software to increase it's speeds thats like saying graphics cards cheat for having drivers it's not like a faster drive than 840Evo (like 730 from intel for example) couldn't repeat half them things to be even faster xD they just didn't think of it first...

It was pretty clearly not a joke. When Apple does stuff like this, (and I urge you to find an example) there video is not obviously fudged. I added the thing about benchmarks, (notice the end quote?) and it wasn't about the SSDs. Samsung used to (they might still) put software on their phones that put them into a turbo mode that disabled background apps and powersaving features when a benchmark was detected to be running.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

It was pretty clearly not a joke. When Apple does stuff like this, (and I urge you to find an example) there video is not obviously fudged. I added the thing about benchmarks, (notice the end quote?) and it wasn't about the SSDs. Samsung used to (they might still) put software on their phones that put them into a turbo mode that disabled background apps and powersaving features when a benchmark was detected to be running.

Ah I mis understood but as said don't bring up other products when speaking about this kind of thing and the word cheater still doesn't apply... Any phone could do that and most phones don't just to save battery life...

Ah I mis understood but as said don't bring up other products when speaking about this kind of thing and the word cheater still doesn't apply... Any phone could do that and most phones don't just to save battery life...

Except iPhones don't and Android phones do...

Samsung is a very corrupt company anyways, so all of this is unsurprising.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

wow, kindergarten level video editing, that phone switch was unbearable to watch  :(

It's too mainstream or something

so whaT...it helps people

its supposed to be to help people...  Help raise awareness...  Not for marketing... 

Samsung are dead to me. 

I think the ALS challenge is stupid personally, Nice going Samsung on the twist!

3edgy5me

its supposed to be to help people...  Help raise awareness...  Not for marketing... 

Samsung are dead to me. 

There is no claim to the concept if it is your intention to 'make something go viral'. It's the charity's job to milk it while it's flavour of the week, and they've done that. 

Ofc out of touch marketing departments and other entities will try and hop on the bandwagon. It's around that point that it becomes less about charity and awareness and more about how-much-this-shit-annoys-you, because it's everywhere and been done to death.

People here need to stop getting butt hurt so easily, you sound like a bunch of 5 year olds crying because little timmy made a silly face that  you didnt like.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

they paid, they told TONS of people about the charity campaign, just accept this

I will take this back if i hear that they only gave 100$ :P

Agreed. As long as they actually donated quite a bit im fine with it. I expected a lot more people to take advantage of this honestly.