Samsung couldn't resist turning the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge into an ad

Dietrichw

I'm sick and tired of these Ice Bucket Challenge videos that explain absolutely nothing about what ALS is and just do it as if it's another one of those stupid challenges that spread around Facebook and other social media. As for Samsung... they just need to stop and rethink their adverts. I swear the more I see from them the worse and more annoying they are.

It doesn't need to explain anything. It's up to you to look it up and figure out what it is. The idea is to spread the word and get people talking about it (and donating) and it's done that 10 fold.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Wooooooooow. Now I know not to take you seriously.

Prove me wrong. I dare you.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

lol i didn't knew my m8 is Water resistant ^^

It isn't.

Chances are the person in the video got lucky, or something in the phone broke (like the charging port, or headphone jack or it will break in the near future).

Samsung made a poor ad, not to say they didn't raise awareness or was that their intention. We won't ever know.

However, when you think about the choices of phones picked by Samsung, it was a clear poke at the non water resistance-ness of the other phones.

On the surface its a decent ad for als, well they did provide a link in the vid description. However if you think deeper, to me I just can't shake the feeling that Samsung is using the opportunity to poke at its competitors.

Things like,

1. Who nominated a bloody phone in the first place.

2. Why isn't there more info on als in the video?

3. Why 3 non-water resistant phones.

4. If it was simply for als, why not just donate the money instead of spending that money to make that ad.(even if you say it was for awareness, they did almost nothing to promote it.)

Well, just my 2 cents and what I thought of after watching the video. Even though the end result of the ad was achieved, I didn't like the way they did it.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Samsung made a poor ad, not to say they didn't raise awareness or was that their intention. We won't ever know.

However, when you think about the choices of phones picked by Samsung, it was a clear poke at the non water resistance-ness of the other phones.

On the surface its a decent ad for als, well they did provide a link in the vid description. However if you think deeper, to me I just can't shake the feeling that Samsung is using the opportunity to poke at its competitors.

Things like,

1. Who nominated a bloody phone in the first place.

2. Why isn't there more info on als in the video?

3. Why 3 non-water resistant phones.

4. If it was simply for als, why not just donate the money instead of spending that money to make that ad.(even if you say it was for awareness, they did almost nothing to promote it.)

Well, just my 2 cents and what I thought of after watching the video. Even though the end result of the ad was achieved, I didn't like the way they did it.

1. nobody, maybe Samsung felt left out? after all bill gates already challenged tim cook didn't he?

2. not many of the challenges actually have information about ALS,  just that it is for ALS.

3. could be read many ways, maybe they just picked their main competitors, it could have been an intentional ploy or simply coincidental.

4. there not going to raise awareness if they just donate and say nothing.

The funny thing about this is that it highlights how you feel about a company based on how you interpret their intention.

Some people clearly just hate Samsung while others are naturally skeptical and some just don't care.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

So what? My Instagram is filled with people doing the challenge and not donating any money. It would be really cool if they donated $1 million tho

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

jumping on a hype is simple for samsung, they do it quite alot, but the time change here is kinda funny, they should get their stuff straight.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.