Cooling and fans:

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1pWTGmC

Amazon: http://geni.us/41oL

Swiftech PWM Splitter:

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1ATLZ9r

Amazon: http://geni.us/34iS

Linus' media PC was overheating during extended gaming sessions. He decided to make a mod to his entertainment center to provide better cooling - let's see how it turned out!

Ohhhh baby

Cpu:3570K @ 4.2GHZ|Motherboard:AsRock Extreme 4|RAM Kingston:HyperX Genesis 8GB| GPU:MSI Lightning 680 2GB |Case:Thermaltake Element V (Nvidia Edition) |Storage:Muskin Enhanced Chronos 120GB,Seagate 2TB|PSU:Rosewill 1000W modular (RBR1000) |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U12P SE2

3RD!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Yay more from king linus!

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I am too lazy to go behind my desk and plug in headphones so I just skipped forwards ><

Well that was an interesting mod 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

LinusGhettotechtips! Good mod, not sure I would do it myself, but good non the less.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

very nice!

I think your way of connecting the fans is less ghetto.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

I liked your wife's idea better.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Your kid is awesome.

I'm not sure many 2 year olds mimmick that well

CPU - Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.60GHz 1.264v | RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 16.0GB (2x8GB) | Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77 WS | Graphics - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | Storage -  120 GB Samsung 840 EVO | PSU - Corsair RM650 | Case - Corsair 550D

Wife's fan method was less ghetto and is the way I'd do it. Although I probably would have just drilled holes for ventilation and seen if that was enough... or just not put it in an enclosed cabinet in the first place ;) 

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

OMG LINUS HAS A CONSOL KILL HIM WITH FIRE :P

I am joking.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

A happy wife, is a happy life.

Do it yourself projects are always inspiring.

wife's idea is better cuz it still gets the job done with too much hassle.  I think Linus has a tendency to overthink things.

That case is still going to have dust problems I think.

You said you were going to change out that graphics card when you did the review for that case .__.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

You didn't thought of changing thermal compound.

Is the screen a tv? If so, wouldn't there be an input lag in games.

probably drilling out holes in the bottom of your case would be all you need next, and of course some filters would be required for them catssss xD

da_deity

You bet I wanna see more like this! I love tinkering with stuff so this is right up my alley!

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Yay, more videos like this please. It's why I subbed in the first place. :P

@LinusTech

When you were talking about the V2, you said that you'd run a PWM extension from the CPU header to the external PWM hub and run another extension from the CPU cooler out to the external PWM hub. Instead of doing that and requiring two extensions to leave the case, why don't you just put a Y-splitter on the CPU fan header and connect one end to the CPU cooler and the other to the extension which leads to the PWM hub?

Also, just because you asked at the end of the video, yeah, I'd love to see more videos like this, it's the sort of thing that gives me ideas for what I can do in my own home and it's useful and fun to follow along. It's a bit different from the usual product overviews, so it's nice. Loved the vlog about painting the PC parts too :)

My Personal Rig - AMD 3970X | ASUS sTRX4-Pro | RTX 2080 Super | 64GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 | CoolerMaster H500P Mesh

My Wife's Rig - AMD 3900X | MSI B450I Gaming | 5500 XT 4GB | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 | Silverstone SG13 White

Your wife's idea was the better of the two. I may have blended them - cut the small hole in the case, then run the lead out the same way she suggested. That way you wouldn't lose the PCIe bracket security, or whatever that thing does.

Why not just watercool the whole system and put the radiator behind the cabinet?

Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est

I think your wifes ay was more ghetto, but her way was also smarter and used less effort lol
I would love to see more vlogy type videos

I enjoyed this video, interrested to more of this, specially the around 15 min length of the video, perfect for eating a light meal while I watch :)

As for the mod, I would have considered watercolling it, with a external rad you could hide behind the cabinet, this way you would export the heat all the way out of the case, also I would have mounted the screws for the fans that you installed on the bottom the other way around, so the screw heads would be flush with the cabinet floor, and not impead the computer case when you need to move it in or out, besides it looks way less ghetto. Speaking of which, your solution was better and the wife's way was ghetto, I guess I need not come around for sunday dinner at Linus' house for the next few years eh? ;)

Did you try cleaning the GPU heatsink Linux? 95C under load still seems a little "toasty". Love the vlog style video though, brings back memories of your earlier videos and doesn't seem as professional. Don't get me wrong I love your professional looking videos, but it's really good to see that you're not just a hardware reviewer but also a hardware tinkerer at heart.