Why do we hate Apple?

I have asked myself this the whole time, but why do people hate Apple?

I myself hated Apple after I used the iPod touch 4.Gen for 20 months. After that I finally got a phone after 2 painful years. And I could not believe what i missed on when using the iPod. Android is so much better (imo).

I love the uncountable features on Android. Of course in 2010 Android was still not good enough and in mobile OS Apple was way further but since Android 4.0 Apple was beaten.

When i got my One V my hatred on Apple began (typical "overpriced" stuff). But after i had a second look on the new 2013 models of the MacBooks i had to rethink my opinions on Apple products. I had no reason to hate MacBooks but I assumed they were overpriced aswell. I finally realized those Laptops are way superior over Windows. Look at all the people who spend +1k$ on some ultrabooks on which they believe it runs 8h on battery (sometimes they do). But for that same amount of money you can now get a MacBook, a product people claim is overpriced. (Still hate iOS though.)

So what do you guys think? Why do we hate Apple products/MacBooks?

If people think I make no sense, take your time and read this.: http://www.itpro.co.uk/desktop-software/21624/os-x-vs-windows-8-reasons-to-switch-to-mac/page/0/1

FYI, I am saving for a Retina MacBook Pro. :P (I dont buy it because it is good looking, but because it is good.)

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Iphone is great :) phones should be simple and elegant thats why apple da bomb!!!!

Ipad is still good if you just need a leasurly fun experience. But if you want to do rooting and stuff like that and more control than android is better. Like 3 months ago i was like APPLE SUCKs but now I am like its great :)

Its all looks these days

I used to hate iphones and that stuff but there are no laptops that can compete against the macbook pro and air.

I hated mac's 1 year ago, thinking that they were shit. Now I think that they are the shit :P

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I don't hate apple, I hate stupid fanboys and I hate some of their policies. Also, their products are obviously not designed for me, I'm not their target audience and that's fine.

I don't hate apple, I am just sometimes get frustated cos I can't afford them.

I have a ipad and its great, i love their build quality :) but macbooks are overpriced as fuck.

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I don't hate apple, they make nice products and are one of the only hardware tech companies that truly innovate. The iPod touch second gen was a steaming pile of garbage though on iOS 4.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

I don't hate Apple, I think the Apple Macbook Pro is very pretty, along with some of their other products, it's just that the prices are a little steep.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

I have a ipad and its great, i love their build quality :) but macbooks are overpriced as fuck.

May be expensive i know ^^ but it is worth it. There is no notebook which can beat the rMBP atm.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

Most people, like me, don't hate Apple directly, more of what surrounds them, their stupid fanboys that have no knowledge on anything other than Apple. They're basically like people who buy Beats just for the brand. It's funny though, some Apple fanboys will defend their Apple purchases, and then laugh at people who buy Beats.. hypocrisy at its finest. 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

Never hated apple... they never did nothing against me or pc

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

I don't hate Apple in general, that would be bias. I hate all the products they have on the market at the moment and those they had in recent years. If they make something that I find worth the money it costs and makes sense over something useful from the competitors, I'd probably buy one. Nothing from their current lineup is that for me. The only field where I find they're not necessarily overpriced compared to the competition are ultrabooks, but I don't think ultrabooks make any sense with the current pricing anyway. There is nothing I would even consider buying from Apple at the moment, nor that I would advise a friend to get.

@F2K8 is right, the whole "status symbol" nonsense does get on my nerves a lot. Legions of people who have no idea of how to fully use their ultra expensive phone but still buy it over a 100$ one that would do the same thing for them because "Apple is the best and it's fancy and cool". They also like to make up arguments in Apple's defence when you tell then you think they're wasting their money. It's a bit like those people who buy 2000$ usb cables for music, doesn't that irritate you in any way? And the companies who produce those cables are not to be "hated", but it doesn't mean it makes any sense to buy from them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I don't eat apple, neither I buy apple.

Being serious though, I find Apple products to be quite over priced and features limited in the competition.

I mean no bluetooth, no rooting allowed, copyright protected system software and what else?

just proves the point that you have no idea about apple products whatsoever ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

@F2K8 is right, the whole "status symbol" nonsense does get on my nerves a lot. Legions of people who have no idea of how to fully use their ultra expensive phone but still buy it over a 100$ one that would do the same thing for them because "Apple is the best and it's fancy and cool". They also like to make up arguments in Apple's defence when you tell then you think they're wasting their money.

I know quite a few people who thought like you. Saying Apples iPhone is just over-priced and feature limited. They ended up buying those high-end Andorid phones like the Galaxy S series, Xperia Z, HTC One, etc ...

After a few months/years they now realize that they don't need hundreds of different keyboards or skins or whatsoever which only work half-decent, but rather are willing to spend more on a phone that just works OOB.

They ended up buying those high-end Andorid phones like the Galaxy S series, Xperia Z, HTC One, etc ...

That's where I'm different. To me, anything above the price of a nexus 5 is basically a ripoff. On a sidenote, I couldn't care less about keyboards, that's not what I use an android device for over ios. On ios there are nearly no good pc game ports. On android there are plenty (doom 3 for example) for free. And there are more advantages too, bluetooth, usb, sd cards (not in all of them but still), and generally the ability to do what YOU want and not what Apple wants with the phone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Why I hate Apple?

The lawsuits. GTFO.

I know quite a few people who thought like you. Saying Apples iPhone is just over-priced and feature limited. They ended up buying those high-end Andorid phones like the Galaxy S series, Xperia Z, HTC One, etc ...

After a few months/years they now realize that they don't need hundreds of different keyboards or skins or whatsoever which only work half-decent, but rather are willing to spend more on a phone that just works OOB.

Nope nope nope.

I find Android so much more useful....

Widgets, not a closed ecosystem, many phones to choose from, at least as fast/smooth as IOS since KitKat, if not faster (depending on CPU). price/performance.

Also, yeah I do need Swiftkey now. You can't decide that for others, you just can't. Freedom dude.

Nope nope nope.

I find Android so much more useful....

nope,nope,nope?

Have you even read what I wrote?

Being serious though, I find Apple products to be quite over priced and features limited in the competition.

I mean no bluetooth, no rooting allowed, copyright protected system software and what else?

No bluetooth? What? I think you should double check your facts before spreading fud.

Why I hate Apple?

The lawsuits. GTFO.

Samsung sues just as much as Apple, imo Android fanboys tend to ignore or not admit of Samsung's practices, they are just as "bad" as Apple, if not worse.

Most people, like me, don't hate Apple directly, more of what surrounds them, their stupid fanboys that have no knowledge on anything other than Apple. They're basically like people who buy Beats just for the brand. It's funny though, some Apple fanboys will defend their Apple purchases, and then laugh at people who buy Beats.. hypocrisy at its finest. 

That's in no way a real comparison.

Microsoft, Intel, AMD, Apple, EVGA, MSI, Beats are all brands. I prefer Gigabyte motherboards, EVGA graphics cards, Intel processors, Corsair cases... if I laugh at someone that buys anything else... I'm a hypocrite? Well the first issue is that I don't laugh at anyone's personal preference in hardware, I have my own thoughts...

You could call me an Apple "fanboy" because I like Apple, I have many Apple products, but my technical expertise lies in many different areas, so because I like Apple, any of my knowledge on any other piece of hardware or software is moot?

I laugh at that. Not your preference in hardware or software, but I laugh at that.

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

No bluetooth? What are you talking about? Bluetooth has been standard in Apple products since... 2005?

First OSX support was in 2002 http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2002/03/20Apple-Previews-Bluetooth-Wireless-Connectivity-for-Mac-OS-X.html

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.