Why do we hate Apple?

nope,nope,nope?

Have you even read what I wrote?

Yeah, I did.;

Samsung sues just as much as Apple, imo Android fanboys tend to ignore or not admit of Samsung's practices, they are just as "bad" as Apple, if not worse.

So? I hate Samsung too, because they are the aids of Android.

I know quite a few people who thought like you. Saying Apples iPhone is just over-priced and feature limited. They ended up buying those high-end Andorid phones like the Galaxy S series, Xperia Z, HTC One, etc ...

After a few months/years they now realize that they don't need hundreds of different keyboards or skins or whatsoever which only work half-decent, but rather are willing to spend more on a phone that just works OOB.

You think we buy Android phones because of 'customizable keyboards'? Are you serious? My Motorola Moto G DID work straight out of the box, in fact, the £90 phone ran faster side by side than my friends iPhone 5, a £500+ phone. I didn't have to mess around with the settings, and as soon as I entered my Google account, everything transferred over and I was set and ready to go. I actually like iPhone's OS, but it's too linear for someone like me, I need widgets that suit my work/lifestyle, I need different options to suit my needs that iOS can't offer, and I certainly need the ability to install third party applications without having to alter the phone one single bit. In MY opinion, and for ME personally, the iPhone IS overpriced, my Moto G does everything an iPhone does, so I don't need to spend the extra money for something that is over 5 times more than my current phone. 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

That's in no way a real comparison.

Microsoft, Intel, AMD, Apple, EVGA, MSI, Beats are all brands. I prefer Gigabyte motherboards, EVGA graphics cards, Intel processors, Corsair cases... if I laugh at someone that buys anything else... I'm a hypocrite? Well the first issue is that I don't laugh at anyone's personal preference in hardware, I have my own thoughts...

You could call me an Apple "fanboy" because I like Apple, I have many Apple products, but my technical expertise lies in many different areas, so because I like Apple, any of my knowledge on any other piece of hardware or software is moot?

I laugh at that. Not your preference in hardware or software, but I laugh at that.

You've misunderstood my comment. 

The hardcore Apple fanboys would laugh at people who own Beats and claim they are overpriced and not any different to other cheaper headphones, and then go on and purchase the brand new iPhone on day 1, without reading up on it to see what's new, they just want it for the sake of saying 'they have the new iPhone'. 

Why would I laugh at someone for buying something different to ME. Get a grip, this isn't a playground. 

PC SPECS: AMD FX-6300 @ 3.5Ghz (CPU) || MSI 970A-G43 (MB) || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz (RAM) || MSI AMD 6870 1GB (GPU) || Aerocool 6th Element (CASE) || Sandisk 64GB SSD + Seagate 500GB HDD (STORAGE) || XFX 550w Pro Series (PSU) || ASUS MX239H 23" (MONITOR) || Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro (COOLER) || Logitech G110 (KEYBOARD)

You think we buy Android phones because of 'customizable keyboards'? Are you serious? ...

selective reading much?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

selective reading much?

Good reply.

I used to hate iphones and that stuff but there are no laptops that can compete against the macbook pro and air.

Sorry, do you live in a hole?

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

I still use my HTC desire from 2009.  It's solid and doesn't let me down.  I have a samsung flip for work (1 week battery life and I don't spend time on my phone at work anyway). I have tried iphones but to be honest I have not seen what they offer that warrants the higher price tag.  <- this is purely a subjective thing, it does not mean that the iphone is worse for everyone, there are some people who need the ios ecosystem and that's cool.

The other thing that drives me nuts about apple is not the company or products, but the association with the ignorant fanboys who incessantly refuse to accept that the iphone is just a phone that is no better or worse than any other phone, it was not the first smartphone, not the first slide to unlock, not the first touchscreen, I am tired of hearing people say how "if it wasn't for apple we wouldn't have smartphones like we do" and "if it wasn't for apple we wouldn't have pc the way we do" 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I've had a bad track record for Apple devices. Ever since grade school, every Apple computer I've used was just plain rubbish. Constant kernel panics, and boot device issues. Had an iPad nano 4th gen until it just died (probably cause the motion control thing broke). That being said, just got an iPad Mini so see how long that holds up for. I like OSX, but I just don't like the configurations Apple releases to the market. A iMac with only an i3 and a 500GB HDD for 1000 bucks? really Apple? 

People like to hate on stuff so that they feel that their purchase from the other camp is justified bc everything else is crap. Example: Xbox vs Playstation, German cars vs Japanese, gasoline vs diesel, built vs bought, McDonald vs Burger King, the list goes on...

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Because they sell overpriced shit with shitty features and specs.

OS X is slow. So slow that my brother wanted to replace OS X with Windows on his Crapbook.

iOS, especially 7 and 8, is like a total copy of Android with a different look and feel. iOS copied old and still existing features of Android like Live Wallpaper, replaceable keyboards, etc.

They claim things that they didn't make.

They claimed the Retina Display as their own invention, as when Samsung was the one who made their hardware.

They're a ripoff.

I'm not saying I hate them. I do like their designs and other things. But they're still a ripoff.

Toshiba Satellite C50 (A167)

• Intel Pentium 2020M (Ivy Bridge, IHD 3000)
  • 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • 500GB Toshiba Slim 5400RPM
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

• HiSilicon Kirin 935 (arm64)
  • Android 6.0 (EMUI 4.0, TWRP 3, Sysless SuperSU)
  • 3GB RAM, 64GB NAND + 64GB SanDisk Ultra mSD

OS X is slow.

Sorry WHAT? it blows windows out of the water!

Also http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/04/25/the-best-windows-pc-is-an-apple-mac/

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

People like different things; some people like having to deal with Android, but getting 'better customization', and other like the simplicity and out-of-the-box-ness of iPhones and iOS. Similar to PCs; most hate Macs because of their price, but one thing I've always laughed at is people complaining that they start at just under $1K, but

Macs are NOT budget computers; Apple doesn't make them for that, and they don't advertise them as such. No one is asking you to buy them if they're too expensive- they're not mean to be cheap!

But people don't see this, and they just complain about price. It's like getting a Vitamix instead of a regular blender; it's not supposed to be cheap, but the experience and usability is much greater than the competition.

In the six years I've had my MacBook, I've beaten is up, it's chipped, and it still runs perfect, and hasn't had any issues, EVER. Meanwhile, my brother has gone through four laptops in that same amount of time, and even though he babies them, they end up cracking, the hinges snap, or they just become so slow due to dust build up from poor ventilation.

Basically, you don't complain about a Benz being much more costly than a low-level Ford, because the Benz isn't targeted to that price range. It's time people accept this, and stop calling Apple's products 'unreasonably overpriced'- there's so much more to a computer than just the specs on the box.

Because they sell overpriced shit with shitty features and specs.

OS X is slow. So slow that my brother wanted to replace OS X with Windows on his Crapbook.

iOS, especially 7 and 8, is like a total copy of Android with a different look and feel. iOS copied old and still existing features of Android like Live Wallpaper, replaceable keyboards, etc.

They claim things that they didn't make.

They claimed the Retina Display as their own invention, as when Samsung was the one who made their hardware.

They're a ripoff.

I'm not saying I hate them. I do like their designs and other things. But they're still a ripoff.

I don't want to start an argument, but a few of those things are pretty false.

1. OS X is not slow whatsover. If he was running an outdated version, or he had tons of crap on his HD that built up, or he has lots of background apps running on an older system, that's his problem. OS X handles RAM much more efficiently than Widnows, by trying to use as much as possible to speed up tasks than Windows' approach of trying to use as LITTLE as possible, which just strains the system.

2. Apple's 'copied' features are ususally more fleshed-out and useful than a comprable Android version, and as we just saw with L, Google is starting to copy iOS with its design language, scrolling, lock screen, and more. I loved the way they described how scrolling up will push title bars out of the way like it's something spectacular; that's literally been on iOS since its debut in 2009. Replaceable keyboards isn't a feature, it's just allowing devs access. If that's one of  Android's best feature, then they have bigger issues than Apple. And live wallpapers? Again, it's not like it's something that was inconcievable before Android shoved it out. It's just that Apple took time with them; you couldn't have homescreen backgrounds until iOS 4 came out. They wanted to optimise the OS so that they didn't bog it down.

3. That's the same as 2.

4. True, Samsung *manufactured* the display, but by no means did they develop, design, or engineer prototypes for it. Just becase Apple gave them the blueprints they had already created, doesn'y mean that Samsung had anything to do with the development. Funny how all Anrdoid phones had low-res displays until the Retina display came out; then they got over-excited and started putting full-HD screens in a display where all it does is waste GPU power, since you LITERALLY can't tell the difference in day-to-day use.

I don't want to start an argument, but a few of those things are pretty false.

1. OS X is not slow whatsover. If he was running an outdated version, or he had tons of crap on his HD that built up, or he has lots of background apps running on an older system, that's his problem. OS X handles RAM much more efficiently than Widnows, by trying to use as much as possible to speed up tasks than Windows' approach of trying to use as LITTLE as possible, which just strains the system.

2. Apple's 'copied' features are ususally more fleshed-out and useful than a comprable Android version, and as we just saw with L, Google is starting to copy iOS with its design language, scrolling, lock screen, and more. I loved the way they described how scrolling up will push title bars out of the way like it's something spectacular; that's literally been on iOS since its debut in 2009. Replaceable keyboards isn't a feature, it's just allowing devs access. If that's one of  Android's best feature, then they have bigger issues than Apple. And live wallpapers? Again, it's not like it's something that was inconcievable before Android shoved it out. It's just that Apple took time with them; you couldn't have homescreen backgrounds until iOS 4 came out. They wanted to optimise the OS so that they didn't bog it down.

3. That's the same as 2.

4. True, Samsung *manufactured* the display, but by no means did they develop, design, or engineer prototypes for it. Just becase Apple gave them the blueprints they had already created, doesn'y mean that Samsung had anything to do with the development. Funny how all Anrdoid phones had low-res displays until the Retina display came out; then they got over-excited and started putting full-HD screens in a display where all it does is waste GPU power, since you LITERALLY can't tell the difference in day-to-day use.

1. He is using a 2011 model (I think) and is running 10.8. He games a lot and he stated he gets 15fps on Dota 2, but on a Bootcamped Windows 7, he gets 45. And my 7-year-old laptop is running Windows 8.1, with a 320GB hard drive and only 2.9GB space left, it's just as fast when it was still running XP.

2. The 'flat' design started from Google apps and few others when the new API was introduced. The scrolling and blurring of iOS 7 to me looked a lot like MIUI. Sure, Xiaomi (creators of MIUI) did copy a lot from iOS (like the homescreen) but the blur and the fullscreen folders were their idea. Some animations of iOS 7 is from BlackBerry 10 OS. Yes, some copied features are a bit more useful than Android's one, but only some. Example is the widgets for the notification panel in iOS 8. But the some of the rest is very limited (on a unjailbreaked deviced vs a non-rooted Android) like the live wallpaper (i forgot what it's called on iOS) where you only get those bubble-like wallpaper.

3. False, there were already HDPI phones in 2009 like the Motorola Milestone. The Milestone had a resolution of 480x854, which is not 300+ PPI but was high enough to not see pixels at a pretty normal viewing distance. iPhone 4 was released in 2010.

Again, I don't hate apple. We own quite a lot of Apple devices here in our home (A Macbook 2011 model, A 4th Gen iPod Touch, A 5th Gen 30GB and a 6th Gen 160GB iPod Classics, 2 iPad 2s, and an original iPad).

But when we switched to Android, it felt like 4th of July.

• 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

Sorry WHAT? it blows windows out of the water!

Also http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/04/25/the-best-windows-pc-is-an-apple-mac/

No. It doesn't. OS X uses much more memory and graphics than Windows and Linux.

And the article you linked is completely unrelated OS X. Windows runs great on a Mac because a Mac has great specs. But Macs sell at an out of this world price.

I like Apple's software, I once dualbooted my laptop with 10.6. But just not 'open' enough for me. Not much customization.

Same for iOS, I'm the person who waits until the end of warranty period before I do reckless shit with it. So I had to stay not jailbroken for a year. It was a pain.

• 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

No. It doesn't. OS X uses much more memory and graphics than Windows and Linux.

And the article you linked is completely unrelated OS X. Windows runs great on a Mac because a Mac has great specs. But Macs sell at an out of this world price.

I like Apple's software, I once dualbooted my laptop with 10.6. But just not 'open' enough for me. Not much customization.

Same for iOS, I'm the person who waits until the end of warranty period before I do reckless shit with it. So I had to stay not jailbroken for a year. It was a pain.

It does use lots of ram and memory, but it does run blazingly fast, especially on the latest gen macbooks. Its a really nice OS. OSX is not really closed of at all, there is nothing I can really think of that you can do in 

windows that you can not do in OSX

iOS IS locked down, I agree, I just like it for its simplicity. Im not really into custom roms and messing around, so for me its just a nice well built fast reliable phone with a great app store and eco system that ties in with my other things

I also do not think macs are overpriced.  There are very few laptops or ultrabooks with the specs, build quality and display of a retina macbook pro, and very few all in ones that match the iMac. The Mac Pro is amazingly well priced for a super small workstation platform.

they are not CHEAP, they are moderately expensive premium products, that do not appeal to gamers. But for people that want something fast to get work done it is still a great choice

That article was just a light hearted joke :) They found the bast laptop to run windows was a Macbook Pro, but actually it as mostly because ti was a clean install of windows not a bloated one (I just thought it was funny)

Also, read my sig, you will so I do not own a mac or macbook and never have (except a mac mini for about 6 months) and only have an iphone and iPad. But if I was not a gamer, I would hands down 100% be an apple user

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It does use lots of ram and memory, but it does run blazingly fast, especially on the latest gen macbooks. Its a really nice OS. OSX is not really closed of at all, there is nothing I can really think of that you can do in 

windows that you can not do in OSX

iOS IS locked down, I agree, I just like it for its simplicity. Im not really into custom roms and messing around, so for me its just a nice well built fast reliable phone with a great app store and eco system that ties in with my other things

I also do not think macs are overpriced.  There are very few laptops or ultrabooks with the specs, build quality and display of a retina macbook pro, and very few all in ones that match the iMac. The Mac Pro is amazingly well priced for a super small workstation platform.

they are not CHEAP, they are moderately expensive premium products, that do not appeal to gamers. But for people that want something fast to get work done it is still a great choice

That article was just a light hearted joke :) They found the bast laptop to run windows was a Macbook Pro, but actually it as mostly because ti was a clean install of windows not a bloated one (I just thought it was funny)

Also, read my sig, you will so I do not own a mac or macbook and never have (except a mac mini for about 6 months) and only have an iphone and iPad. But if I was not a gamer, I would hands down 100% be an apple user

This post, I like it. I agree OS X is a nice OS. Well there's one thing you can do on Windows but you can't do on OS X. Wait for it.... 1.. 2.. 3.. * drumroll* GAMING! lelel.

I have to agree with you on the App Store. A lot of Android app devs are so amateur and fill Google Play with ugly looking, ad-filled apps. Try using an Android phone sometimes. Not those cheap, slow low-end range ones that a lot of Apple fanboys use to criticize Android. Go with a Moto X. iOS is locked down, but not locked enough that you can't jailbreak it. Meanwhile, the phone I'm using right now is a BlackBerry Q10 (my old LG Optimus 3D's glass shattered). It is so locked down. No exploit or anything root-like. I feel really restricted. It can, though, run Android apps with a small Android runtime running on top of BB10 OS. BUT! BlackBerry also made the Android runtime so locked down THAT YOU ALSO CAN'T F*CKING ROOT IT. And here I used to think Apple software was a jail. But BB10 is a prison.

Ok, macs are a bit too overpriced. I can buy a 15" laptop running an i7 with a dedicated graphics card (probably 1-2GB of VRAM), instead of buying a 13" Retina Macbook Pro running an i5 with Intel Graphics. If the problem is about the aluminum body, Lenovo has some aluminum bodied laptops with the specs I mentioned. Or if it's the software, it's pretty easy to make your laptop a Hackintosh, and also cheaper storage solution.

About that article: tl;dr. but jokes aside, CAN'T THEY JUST MAKE A CLEAN INSTALL. wtf. lelelel.

Those are pretty nice setups. I want one of those, I'm desperately in need of a new computer. -___- Right now I'm using a Toshiba Tecra A9 from 2007. It has a Core 2 Duo T7300 clocked at 2.0GHz. F*cking Intel X3100 Graphics. But it's enough for 1080p playback, so it's fine. A 15.4" LCD with a res of 1680x1050 (Pretty massive for something from 2007). And 4GB of RAM. lelel. the only great thing about this laptop is the screen I wanna cry.

Oh btw, why don't you try dualbooting OS X with your Windows? Then get a bluetooth card for the Magic Trackpad?

• 8GB DDR3 (4x2)
  • Win10 Pro x64

Huawei P8 (GRA-UL10)

Oh btw, why don't you try dualbooting OS X with your Windows? Then get a bluetooth card for the Magic Trackpad?

Thanks for liking my post :) I have used android phones, I own an HTC one (old one) and I use an nvidia shield, also had some lower end android devices, and even had the tmobile G1 that started android off!. I just dont like the OS. Having to manage files is something I HATE and doing it on android is an absolute dick. I am not into customizing, I havnt even changed the wallpaper on my phone, It doesnt interest me. I am not a tinkerer, or hands on person. I enjoy building pcs, but I wouldnt be the person to build a custom loop, I just cannot be bothered with the faf.

Also I plan on selling my m18x and replacing it with a 13/15" rMBP. I don't support the use of hackintosh so I would never use it.

also thanks :) I have worked hard to afford what I have, and I always try to spend my money on the best stuff available when I can. I guess having a decent job does help me though so I cant really say too much

, and even had the tmobile G1 that started android off!.

I thought HTC dream was the first available smart phone running android, but it was publicly unveiled with the open handset alliance in 2007. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

We don't, we just dislike people who worship Apple like a religion and/or are too narrow-minded to see that other brands have good products of high quality as well.

I don't like their philosophy very much. That I am the best attitude and their claims of "innovation" is full of bullshit. 

Secondly, I never understood the Apple Experience. The purpose of buying an Apple is the experience in both ecosystem and customer care. Yes their product designs are gorgeous, meanwhile hard to repair. Apple always tries to keep you inside their cage. I like to explore new possibilities like Android offers. 

Lastly, they're pretty expensive. I am a customer willing to pay a premium for such services. I never found Apple products worth the money. When you can find a better PC with similar specs for less, why buy them? 

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV

i hate it cause i cant really customize and upgrade and tinker with a mac as i can with my pc and the software features with the iphone arent as good as my s3, but now the macbook air is a great ultrabook exect one vital thing in my opinion, GAMING you cant really game on them so it would be better to get like a lenovo y50 for gaming in that price range

I don't like their philosophy very much. That I am the best attitude and their claims of "innovation" is full of bullshit.

Secondly, I never understood the Apple Experience. The purpose of buying an Apple is the experience in both ecosystem and customer care. Yes their product designs are gorgeous, meanwhile hard to repair. Apple always tries to keep you inside their cage. I like to explore new possibilities like Android offers.

Lastly, they're pretty expensive. I am a customer willing to pay a premium for such services. I never found Apple products worth the money. When you can find a better PC with similar specs for less, why buy them?

Funny, if you changed all the Apple to Samsung, it would still hold true.

Funny, if you changed all the Apple to Samsung, it would still hold true.

Half true, but not entirely.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV