Why do we hate Apple?

I don't hate them, I just find all of there products to be steaming piles of over priced shit

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

• 2 months later...

We don't, we just dislike people who worship Apple like a religion and/or are too narrow-minded to see that other brands have good products of high quality as well.

Replace "Apple" with any company and fanboy and still stands. Generalisations just never help in anyone really.

I can admit that I use to hate Apple as well, thinking everything they put out was crap and overpriced. Until I actually used a MacBook Pro for over a month. Changed my mind significantly, especially after I start researching the OS, hardware and ecosystem more.

I still recommend this as a read to many "Die hard PC Users"

A Month with a Mac: A Die-Hard PC User's Perspective

http://www.anandtech.com/show/1500

It's a very good read and very enlightening, despite being a nearly a full decade old.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Im a professional graphic designer and freelance designer and photographer and i have a custom pc and have to use a top of the range mac at work... the mac doesnt even come close to my pc... render times are painful , operating system is limited... muliti tasking and multi windows are impossible.. i cant even snap two windows 50/50 across the moniter!!?? at home I have a multi screen 27 inch set up! productivity is amazing. just cant even begin to start with how much i hate working on them.. even the monitors everyone raves about arn't special... they are good... but not great... far from professional.. the massively reflective screen is a bitch too. and lack of hight adjustment... aghhhh hate it!!! and what gets me is how everyone associates macs with design work!!?? I'm not even fanboying in any way... I'm a tech lover.. im happy to perchance any brand if its up to scratch.. but mac/apple... not even close to being up to scratch for design work. regularly freezes under strain of work..   :( keyboards and mice are horrific too! keyboard is shiiiiiit! tiny flat buttons, mouse is tiny and not hand friendly at all, with like 1 button on??! and the wireless touch one is horrible too! gets dirty and is tiny again. 

havent even begun to explain all my reasons!!!??? 

Snapping windows? You mean like this? It's shame it's not baked into the OS, but a little free app called BetterTouchTool does it all, it actually allows to you customise snap zones, how they work, and remap and create custom shortcuts, and gestures on Mice, Keyboards, Touch Screens, Trackpads, and motion sensors.

NbJdBDll.png

Productivity wise with things like éxpose and other features it's leagues ahead of Windows, which is only getting that along with multiple desktops with the release of Windows 9 if those rumours are true.

Not all Macs come with screens, and you can plug in what ever you want, even if they already have a screen. Just get the professional grade one you desire. I prefer matte anti-glare monitors myself, especially if they have a hardware LUT for calibration.

You can easily have multi screens with a Mac as well, nothing stopping you at all. Each screen can have its own desktop, or just extend one.

The OS is full Unix, nothing limited in it, unless you're just not skilled enough with Unix and Linux.

I have multi desktops, multi applications, multiple windows. Press a single button and have it all laid and and sorted.

From there I can click a single spot in the top right, and create as many new desktops as I want, each with it's own windows  and apps which will be managed by the same singular button, or trackpad gesture if you prefer that.

Been in the OS since around 2003. 

KiiB3gvl.jpg

Seems pretty okay for multi tasking to me.

The mice and keyboard aren't permanently attached to the computer, simply replace them with what ever you want. I did, although personally I like the magic mouse for working on very long time lines in FPCX and Screenflow. Super handy just moving a finger to scroll through it all, than clicking and dragging. 

Although personal preference is always the case with peripherals, and I can understand why someone might not like them.

Performance depends great on the computer and mac itself. For rendering times my system beats the pants off my previous custom system.

I do wonder that Mac you have at work you're struggling with so much. Even in 2004, Mac OS X was regarded as much better for productivity, application management, and ease of use, along with customisability.

A Month with a Mac: A Die-Hard PC User's Perspective

Since then there have been more and more improvements in that regard.

I can understand if you simply prefer Windows from a personal use perspective and if your Mac at work is horribly outdated or was the wrong one bought for the wrong job. Although to generalise doesn't help anyone, specifically in regards to the comments of multi tasking where OS X has been head of windows a decade ago.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Threads like this remind me of why this forum is so awful, it's just a constant shit flinging exercise. The kiddies on here that bash Macs are so god damn embarrassing, and the fanboys just destroy it. I don't know why some members spend so much time here, it's a colossal fucking waste. I'd probably nominate LTT as the worst tech-related forum going at the moment.

Apple is a shitty company since steve jobs died. I loved their iphone 4, loved it, but the 4s and on, don't like it. They are not strong and easily scratchable. But I mainly hate tim cooks. The company has been going to shit with their terrible os and products now, for example. Iphone 6, FIRST: what happen to no bumps for cameras.... wtf apple, second, they bend and crack much easier now, Idk.. I just hate what they have been doing since every product since such as iwatch or macbooks are just dissappointing. And with their shitty os...

I dislike apple simply for their prices. I love most of their designs however.

I guess I also dislike the lack of cutomizability that things like cyanogenmod bring.

I don't apple, in fact I use my mbp more than I do any other devise. What I do dislike are the fanboys. People that say everthing apple makes is awesome and way better than any competitor's product just because it's an apple devise drive me nuts though.

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)