6-10 channel fan controller (Maybe more)

Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

Lamptron FC5v2 or FC5v3.

Currently looking for a 6 to 10 channel fan controller that can fit in the 3 available 5.25 inch bays on the 750D. (Non bay controllers are okay as well. 

I have searched online for fan controllers but i'd rather have a community suggestion on what would work best (get images if possible please)

Real reason is because i always prefer to have manual control over the fans. Corsair Link is horrible and so is the 'EasyTune' 6 Gigabyte software.

EDIT 23:43 GMT 01/07/2014: Bought a FC5v3, love the display on it and should have ample power for all fans. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

What is so bad about Corsair Link?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Lamptron FC5v2 or FC5v3.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

im sorry this has nothing to do with this post but your dp is amazing and just simply mesmerizing! haha

Thanks

What is so bad about Corsair Link?

Doesn't load profiles correctly for me. 

The Lamptron 8 Channel Rheobus would be your best option. Run a Lamptron 6 Channel Rheobus in my rig and it's perfect

Looks like only the US has it in stock. Not available in the UK where i check (Amazon, eBay, OCUK)

Lamptron FC5v2 or FC5v3.

I like the displays on them. The FCv3 looks amazing. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Get a 4-5 channel controller with higher wattage per channel if you don't mind running some together using hubs or splitters.

Do you have a recommendation? I have saw some 40W+ fan controllers with 4 channels at best.

30-40 W is enough for most fans. See how much each fan consumes, allow for a buffer by doubling it and see then how many fans/channel can be accommodated. For example, say a fan consumes 3 W at operation (0.25 A on the 12 V rail). During startup the fan may need more amps so allow 6 W for this fan to be sure (4-5 W should be enough). Then you can use 5 of these fans per header that supplies 30 W, 8 on a header with 40 W.

Be sure the controller you are getting has the amount of watts needed per channel, not total. Lamptron, NZXT and Scythe make very decent controllers.

DildorTheDecent

The corsair sp120 quiet edition for eample consumes 1.08w @1350rpm.

I always recomment the nzxt sentry mix 2 for $30 which has 6 channels and each one has 5 watts. That means you can have as much as 4 fans/channel.And it's gonna look nice in the 750D

It actually has 30 watts per channel O.o http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/129-sentry-mix-2-fan-control

Edited by SpyRosL

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

The Lamptron 8 Channel Rheobus would be your best option. Run a Lamptron 6 Channel Rheobus in my rig and it's perfect

Couldn't find that at all in the UK and Amazon US didn't want to ship to the UK.

Lamptron FC5v2 or FC5v3.

Bought the FC5v3.

DildorTheDecent

The corsair sp120 quiet edition for eample consumes 1.08w @1350rpm.

I always recomment the nzxt sentry mix 2 for $30 which has 6 channels and each one has 5 watts. That means you can have as much as 4 fans/channel.And it's gonna look nice in the 750D

It actually has 30 watts per channel O.o http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/129-sentry-mix-2-fan-control

Damn looks good. Wish it had a display though. looks coll none the less.

30-40 W is enough for most fans. See how much each fan consumes, allow for a buffer by doubling it and see then how many fans/channel can be accommodated. For example, say a fan consumes 3 W at operation (0.25 A on the 12 V rail). During startup the fan may need more amps so allow 6 W for this fan to be sure (4-5 W should be enough). Then you can use 5 of these fans per header that supplies 30 W, 8 on a header with 40 W.

Be sure the controller you are getting has the amount of watts needed per channel, not total. Lamptron, NZXT and Scythe make very decent controllers.

Thank you for the input. Didn't think that fans would be that low on the power consumption. 

Wait until you have the Lamptron unit in your hands. The build quality on them is amazing. You can just feel how well built they are simply by holding them. You won't be disappointed. 

I hope not!