Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
1 hour ago, TheProfosist said:

This website sucks I like keeps my old replies so I can't hit the reply button... Super annoying on mobile. Give me my tapatalk! 

Hook the drive back up you just had it apart to put in the new PSU. Did you recently get a SSD too? 

Ya the forum keeping old replies is annoying. Ya I got an ssd and upgraded to windows 10 but didnt have any drive sleds on hand so my ssd is screwed to the bottom of one of my sleds with a hard drive making it annoying to plug the ssd and the drive in since they kind of interfere with each other.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

You mean mpc?

On a side note, I am impressed by this crappy crossfire hybrid thing from Kaveri.

Reveal hidden contents

hitman absolution.jpg

Hitman Absolution, Mediums, 768p, VSync and AA off.

TR2013.jpg

Tomb Raider 2013, same settings.

MPC-HC and madVR stuff is in my sig, eventuakky on my site. 

My guess is on board gpu crossfire with the dedicated yes? 

12 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

So many better things could be produced but you want a third season of that mediocrity?

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Just now, Avericious said:

So many better things could be produced but you want a third season of that mediocrity?

Raildex does have an inexplicably devoted fandom.

Just now, Charger said:

Agreed but I hate index lol

Sure, but both it and Railgun are pretty mediocre, so fair is fair :)

5 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Sure, but both it and Railgun are pretty mediocre, so fair is fair :)

Well you are not wrong lol

On 4/25/2016 at 1:31 PM, BashZeStampeedo said:

I know, I'm just a party-pooper :P

Can I poop in your party? 

16 minutes ago, Avericious said:

Railgun storyline is better than the Index storyline, but both are very good. I enjoyed them anyways. Kept my interest far longer than, say, Fairy Tail ever could.

COMIC SANS

2 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

Railgun storyline is better than the Index storyline, but both are very good. I enjoyed them anyways. Kept my interest far longer than say Fairy Tail ever could.

Well, sure... mediocre stuff can be plenty fun. Almost anything can be if you turn your brain off and go along for the ride.

I don't really agree that one's story is better than the other, though. Railgun is just a bit more focused on Biribiri, and lots of people will prefer the cute girl over the shouty boy, so they'll make all kinds of excuses :)

2 minutes ago, TopWargamer said:

Railgun storyline is better than the Index storyline, but both are very good. I enjoyed them anyways. Kept my interest far longer than, say, Fairy Tail ever could.

Granted they are both far better than Fairy Tail, they're also pretty fun to watch. But they've already got lots of content already and strictly superior shows could be made or extended instead.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

2 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

Well, sure... mediocre stuff can be plenty fun. Almost anything can be if you turn your brain off and go along for the ride.

I don't really agree that one's story is better than the other, though. Railgun is just a bit more focused on Biribiri, and lots of people will prefer the cute girl over the shouty boy, so they'll make all kinds of excuses.

I really do feel like I like railgun more because I watched it first and already had a dislike for the main characters in index.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Mixed bag of anime/manga so far this week.

Sansha Sanyou (3). decent.
New girl get. This show might be growing on me. The addition of some Working and Hayate type scenes and characters helps, as does the way they're wearing the un-moe-ness of the characters on their sleeves. It's still not quite fun enough to openly recommend to non-fans of the genre, but it's possibly getting there.

My Hero Academia (4). so-so.
This episode contained two tropes that really kill my enjoyment of the kind of drama they were gunning for. Firstly, having a hidden way to pass the exam (which immediately makes one question why the hell this school exists if it's not to first and foremost upsell the core concepts of "heroism"), and secondly why they took so long to reveal that information. Wouldn't it have more impact to shame the contestants right away and make them all worry whether they passed, or were too obsessed with points than being heroes? Or, you know, actually integrating "rescues" into the tests, thus making it an actual challenge that showed whether someone cared for bystanders and the like? So yeah, this was a weakly manipulative episode, so turn your brain off and just eat your slop like the pigs that you are, I guess. Shallow though it is, the anime still did a reasonable job of presenting it, so you might not care about how nonsensical it is, but it's just slow enough that you're sure to notice some of the details that are off (Deku falling for miles even though he jumped up maybe 10 stories, and girlie-girl's vomit vanishing in the next panel, etc).

Usakame (3). mediocre.
This wasn't even quite comedic, it was just choppy, rapid-paced "cute girls" moe slice of life with a random non-sequitur tossed in. That's just disappointing.

Girl Meets Bear (4). awkward.
What a weird episode. A lot of it bordered on being uncomfortable to watch. If you're going to openly have people bullying your MC, you need to do a MUCH better job setting up why they either deserve it, or give us some other reason to not mind. Especially if they're just a little meek kid that their entire village seems to like embarrassing. What the heck is amusing about watching Machi get treated like a dress-up doll against her will? On top of that, her weird personality change at the end of the episode came across as randomly creepy, rather than a place her mind went to in order to cope (or whatever the point was supposed to be). There was a funny little bit in the middle of the episode, but otherwise I was more bewildered than entertained here.

Tomo-chan's a Girl! manga (c311-314). decent.
Despite how predictable these bits were, they were still alright... not much else to say about 'em, though.

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to manga (c16). good.
It's nice to see them calling back to a previous chapter, and doing a pretty good job of it. "Did we just create an anarchist" is probably the funniest line outside of Nozaki that I've read in a while in a dumb romance-based comedy. I'm not sure about how quickly they're pushing Kaguya's affections, but there's plenty of time for them to make something of it.

Helck (c68). so-so.
Now they're *really* dragging this part out. This chapter was essentially a waste, and only existed to confirm who the girl Helck is meeting is. Everything else was more repetitive shounen-style dialogue about how doomed Helck is, but no, we have faith in him. Yawn. I hope they haven't run out of ideas already.

Vinland Saga (c127). good.
Looks like they're finally resuming the story that was put on-hold for Thorfinn to properly come of age. It's not bad stuff, but it's just shy of being compelling. It's also a pretty blatant step in the Hero's Journey, especially considering how they suddenly announced a vacancy in the Jomsburg chieftancy. But hey, even I can still appreciate the classic monomyth when it's told well enough, and they've demonstrated a competency at storytelling that's rare for a manga like this, so I'm looking forward to Floki finally getting his comeuppance. My primary annoyance is how samey it feels to have everyone chasing after Thorfinn by ship. It feels like I should be hearing Yaketty Sax, not taking it seriously. They have a chance to make something fun of it, though.

My Hero Academia manga (c88). disappointing.
...and just as feared, they reduced this to another bog-standard story of one-upsmanship by formally introducing the villain counterpart to All Might that they've been keeping in the shadows for a while now. As usual with this particular narrative trope, they'll have a tough time convincing anyone of why this guy hasn't been more proactive without it seeming like a cop-out or outright retcon. It's clear he's grooming his own replacement or something like that, but since Deku has no particular tie to the young villain, it's an uphill climb to make me really care here. For a while I had been thinking they would introduce some older villains to counterpoint the various heroes, but for it to just be one guy is terribly boring. Not only is it a huge missed opportunity, but this dead horse of a plot trope has been beaten into a fine powder by manga and comics for decades now, so it's possibly the least fresh-feeling thing I've seen yet from Hero Academia. Let's hope they pick up the spare and try to distinguish themselves from every other Shounen Jump title ever.

so any thing worth picking up in the steam anime sale this weekend? 

Also never noticed that steam has a lot of naruto movies on there lol

1 hour ago, Charger said:

so any thing worth picking up in the steam anime sale this weekend? 

Also never noticed that steam has a lot of naruto movies on there lol

wow there's a steam sale around anime? i don't recall steam ever doing that

and apparently you can play GotS for free until sunday 

5 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

wow there's a steam sale around anime? i don't recall steam ever doing that

and apparently you can play GotS for free until sunday 

they have done it a few times its just not all that big of a thing they just put a little ad on the store

8 minutes ago, MyInnerFred said:

Alright... anime watching binge this weekend primed and good to go!

what are you watching?

Hunter x Hunter (2011 version) is the greatest anime ever created.

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?

4 minutes ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

By what metric(s)?

1. best music
2. best characters
3. best story
4. best action
5. best setting
best everything.

I have a Fury Nitro and an FX 8320E. Screw my life?