Anime Club - Heaven Society

JLCitadel
21 hours ago, MyInnerFred said:

I don't lol.... 

Scrub. Do you have an extra soda can?

21 hours ago, Charger said:

agreed... Have we taught him nothing...

also random question... Do you have any recommendations for cheap hand tool brands for sockets and such.

Seems nothing stuck. 

As for tools. I dont know. My dad just gets free replacements because he has craftsman. Other than that is husky or cobalt that I can think of. Dont go tool shopping much.

Blarg

2 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Scrub. Do you have an extra soda can?

Seems nothing stuck. 

As for tools. I dont know. My dad just gets free replacements because he has craftsman. Other than that is husky or cobalt that I can think of. Dont go tool shopping much.

I knew you were into cars so I just assumed you would be into tools as well so I thought I would ask. Ya craftsman replacement is nice but the quality of their tools has kind of gone to shit in the last 15 years 

1 hour ago, Charger said:

I knew you were into cars so I just assumed you would be into tools as well so I thought I would ask. Ya craftsman replacement is nice but the quality of their tools has kind of gone to shit in the last 15 years 

It has. Thats the only reason my dad still has craftsman really. I tend to just use my dads tools right now. I want to husky has a similar replacement policy.

Blarg

1 minute ago, wolfgang said:

It has. Thats the only reason my dad still has craftsman really. I tend to just use my dads tools right now. I want to husky has a similar replacement policy.

Ya I have mainly used craftsman with a little bit of snap on, proto, sk, mac, and harbor freight mixed in. At this point most are starting to do a replacement policy they are just rarely as convenient as with craftsman.

Anyone watched Seitokai Yakuindomo anime??? Kidna funny one. :) 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

45 minutes ago, CyberMist said:

Anyone watched Seitokai Yakuindomo anime??? Kidna funny one. :) 

Yeah, I find it okay. It's nothing special, but it's amusing enough as a "guess which punchline we're going for" type of show/manga.

Tanaka's a Lazy Ass (1). so-so.
This is ostensibly a comedy, but it's a very meager one. There were a few bits that bordered on funny, but the gags were all so obvious that I was as listless as the MC. Centering the show around such tedious characters doesn't really leave me feeling inspired to watch it. I am glad that they at least try to move from scene to scene at a reasonable pace, but that alone isn't enough to make it too entertaining. There's a chance that the new character might turn the tides, but it's hard to say.

Tanaka's a Lazy Ass (2). so-so.
Well, this came closer to being funny to me, but not enough to warrant wanting to watch it. "I'll do my best to not do my best" is a fine line for a comedy, but it was too predictable to be effective on its own. Ditto comparing Miyano to a dog. The prison cell joke came the closest to making me chuckle, because by that point I was so tired of Tanaka's shtick that I wanted to see him behind bars or something. The second half of the episode kind of came and went by for me, as did my interest in the anime.

Helck (c67). decent.
Helck talks to his former foster-father and... they do more shounen-style "we won't lose" speeches. We learn nothing new in this chapter, and other than seeing Anne and Helck do the whole "comrades" thing again, there's not really much to it. It ends with the appearance of a some new winged foe... oh who could it possibly be!? The suspense is killing me! Well, all jokes aside, they might as well go for it. At least it's a chance to change things up a bit and let Anne use the Hero sword to give Helck some closure (or something).

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari (c23). decent.
This chapter basically introduced a new mini-boss for the heroes to beat and it furthered the princess' character arc. A new potential teammate seems to be added as well. I wasn't really moved by anything presented here, but it did what it had to do to move things along, so it's not bad.

My Hero Academia manga (c86). decent.
Well, they did what was sensible here, but it's unclear where it's leading to just yet. They've either written themselves into an anticlimax (which would be fine) or they're going to pull more twists out of their behinds. It'll be interesting enough to see which they go for.

Vinland Saga (c50-126). great.
While some of the twists and turns in this story are goofy and feel a tad forced in some ways, the overall effect is still a fun take on the Hero's Journey. Which is good, because having Thorfinn become not just an attoner, but some sort of potential messianic figure, is all quite predictable. The gradual toning-down of the story and attempts to play things off as a series of encounters between mythic figures has turned this into a more interesting and sincere feeling story, even at the cost of a bit of a jarring tonal shift. I was glad to see them take chances, despite that. Too many manga stories these days get stuck in first gear, and too many others lose sight of what made them fun. Vinland Saga has kept being an engaging little story, without going so over the top and goofy that I can't take the characters as seriously as they need to be for any given scene. There's a distinct Fullmetal Alchemist vibe to the story now, just that it's more about its characters' personal stories than just how they deal with one another.

Just started watcing Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (or Parasyte -the maxim-) and so far it looks really cool, but i've only seen 4 episodes so far, so that might change.

I'll tell you when i'm finished

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

12 hours ago, jprovido said:

any good animes youg uys can recommend me. been out of the game for a few months

well imo there isnt any recent good anime that had came out in the past years maybe on or 2 ok animes. which is the reason why i hve been looking at mangas lately

maybe give one punch man a shot, or kuroko no basket if you like sports, or Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso, which is properly the most recent "current" anime i've watched

lives on

BAKABT

8 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Hey my car says service but it already went to service 200km ago. Bill Gates please fix.

1 more hour till pc parts :) And another Intel stock cooler :P@MyInnerFred

8 hours ago, I need a better name said:

Just started watcing Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (or Parasyte -the maxim-) and so far it looks really cool, but i've only seen 4 episodes so far, so that might change.

I'll tell you when i'm finished

Keep going. It has a really decent theme.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

8 hours ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

well imo there isnt any recent good anime that had came out in the past years maybe on or 2 ok animes. which is the reason why i hve been looking at mangas lately

maybe give one punch man a shot, or kuroko no basket if you like sports, or Shigatsu wa Kimi no uso, which is properly the most recent "current" anime i've watched

There are much better recent anime than those three. The Rakugo anime, Concrete Revolutio... it's just down to personal taste and how much the mainstream opinion matters to you.

10 hours ago, SparkyRain said:

Hey my car says service but it already went to service 200km ago. Bill Gates please fix.

1 more hour till pc parts :) And another Intel stock cooler :P@MyInnerFred

Probably didnt get the code reset when it went in or something. Could be something stupid like the gas cap not fully tightened.

Blarg

3 minutes ago, wolfgang said:

Probably didnt get the code reset when it went in or something. Could be something stupid like the gas cap not fully tightened.

if it was in before the code popped I could see them forgetting to reset it.

1 minute ago, wolfgang said:

No home solution? Duh back to the garage. Gas cap ehem just memorized on what side it is, only took 1 year :|

On another note, fully back and running on skylake now. Finally time for anime. (that voltage fail)

Spoiler

f.PNG

4 hours ago, SparkyRain said:

No home solution? Duh back to the garage. Gas cap ehem just memorized on what side it is, only took 1 year :|

On another note, fully back and running on skylake now. Finally time for anime. (that voltage fail)

Hide contents

f.PNG

New cars just say needs service for just about anything. Need a code reader to figure out the actual problem. Places here will check codes for free. Not sure where you are.

Blarg

My friend uploaded a picture of his setup to his team speak avatar. He didn't want me sharing it, too bad I'm sharing it anyway. Compliments of the snipping tool.

puter ray.PNG

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

4 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

My friend uploaded a picture of his setup to his team speak avatar. He didn't want me sharing it, too bad I'm sharing it anyway. Compliments of the snipping tool.

puter ray.PNG

is that bad or good?

Just now, Charger said:

is that bad or good?

He has no desk so he is using it on the floor with the monitor on top. He plays DCS with the rudder pedals right behind it, the keyboard on his lap and the stick on the right hand side.

He needs to invest in a desk.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

8 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

He has no desk so he is using it on the floor with the monitor on top. He plays DCS with the rudder pedals right behind it, the keyboard on his lap and the stick on the right hand side.

He needs to invest in a desk.

this was my setup for many many months lol

FubrQjJ.jpg

8 hours ago, BashZeStampeedo said:

There are much better recent anime than those three. The Rakugo anime, Concrete Revolutio... it's just down to personal taste and how much the mainstream opinion matters to you.

i did said IMO -_- ,well first  did not list the first  cause of the target audience its mostly trying to attract 

The Rakugo anime is for women audience ( Josei), soo majority of the time we guys properly wont like it, so if your a girl and intrested in watching some anime, then Yeah give this anime a shot there is a high chance you will like it.

and the other seems to be for younger audience soo i never bother with them. or i just dont like the plot or setting of the anime even characters personality will determine if i will like it or not

lives on

BAKABT

20 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

i did said IMO -_- ,well first  did not list the first  cause of the target audience its mostly trying to attract 

The Rakugo anime is for women audience ( Josei), soo majority of the time we guys properly wont like it, so if your a girl and intrested in watching some anime, then Yeah give this anime a shot there is a high chance you will like it.

and the other seems to be for younger audience soo i never bother with them. or i just dont like the plot or setting of the anime even characters personality will determine if i will like it or not

talking about the genres... I think it is odd that your lie in april is listed as a Shounen lol

6 minutes ago, Charger said:

talking about the genres... I think it is odd that your lie in april is listed as a Shounen lol

lol eh.. the ongoing anime ones right now kinda seems lame :dry:

lives on

BAKABT

25 minutes ago, BirdyTheMighty said:

You can easily miss out on good anime with that approach, though. Quite a few anime are weirdly classified (or outright misclassified). It's worth giving the well-regarded ones a shot regardless of classification. For instance, Concrete Revolutio is most definitely not best-suited for a younger audience, though it might seem that way at first glance.