Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JLCitadel

Anime Club - Heaven Society

ya the Manga just tends to be more of the same as well. Also an old lack of age progression in the Manga that I don't recall in the anime

Aw, that's a shame. I'm reading Horimiya today after you asked for recommendations, and it's basically like a solid Kare Kano knock off mixed with more modern anime/manga tropes. Might be worthwhile if you enjoy manga, but find Kare Kano isn't quite your thing (bear in mind that the Kare Kano anime gets weird near the end, since it didn't have the budget to do the whole manga and it was made by Gainax).

Horimiya manga (ch1-57). good.

This one starts off a bit worryingly, being chock full of standard romcom stuff (especially for this type of story), but it's the type of manga that can easily grow on you. The characters are utilized well and are generally very likable, and the romance and comedy are also handled well. It's a bit safe and timid in places, but the overall effect is a bit like Kare Kano, if it was less introspective and more focused on the comedy. Overall I'm finding it fun, despite it misfiring from time to time. If you can stomach yet another take on "the perfect tsundere falls for a bad boy who isn't really a bad boy" kind of highschool romcom, this one's certainly one of the better ones I've read in a while.

And after all the hard work, HDD dies / most of the files corrupt / some other shenanigan happens, and have to do it all over again because you didn't do back-ups...

That actually happened to a classmate of mine yesterday; he did some assignment for over 6 hours in one sitting, something screwed up, and he had to restore to previous Windows' restore point, which is from a week earlier. All of his work was gone. Needless to say, he didn't want to do it all over again that day.

I'd be furious too if that happened.

attachicon.gif1432066183957.gif

You are supposed to stare on your smartphone screen like an asocial person, as per modern societal norms. :lol:

Again, yesterday I actually went to school without a phone, and just realized how many people actually do just that; friends around them? Staring at phone. Alone? Staring at phone. Walking somewhere? Staring at phone...

It's not that I'm against it, but just started to realize how much that happens.

You better ask Bush how to dodge flying objects because if it happens i'll be sending two drives in your direction   :P

Just realized my scraped pulled ratings from the wrong database have to do it again -.-

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

is there anything worth watching besides OPM and Owrimonogitari(hence Ougi running gif) for this current airing season?

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Ryzen Hero: |Dead|
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

I walk up to my computer. Sit down. Put on my headphones. Start playing music.

Why isn't any music playing?! Turn up the volume. Nope nothing.... Oh look I'm grade A retarded... I forgot to turn on my amp....

73e1a54002816f6d4e6305c93e34252acdd4d43f

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

Why isn't any music playing?! Turn up the volume. Nope nothing.... Oh look I'm grade A retarded... I forgot to turn on my amp....

-snip-

Its ok Fred we still love you

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

go drunk , your home 

:P

badjoke is bad 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Aw, that's a shame. I'm reading Horimiya today after you asked for recommendations, and it's basically like a solid Kare Kano knock off mixed with more modern anime/manga tropes. Might be worthwhile if you enjoy manga, but find Kare Kano isn't quite your thing (bear in mind that the Kare Kano anime gets weird near the end, since it didn't have the budget to do the whole manga and it was made by Gainax).

Horimiya manga (ch1-57). good.

This one starts off a bit worryingly, being chock full of standard romcom stuff (especially for this type of story), but it's the type of manga that can easily grow on you. The characters are utilized well and are generally very likable, and the romance and comedy are also handled well. It's a bit safe and timid in places, but the overall effect is a bit like Kare Kano, if it was less introspective and more focused on the comedy. Overall I'm finding it fun, despite it misfiring from time to time. If you can stomach yet another take on "the perfect tsundere falls for a bad boy who isn't really a bad boy" kind of highschool romcom, this one's certainly one of the better ones I've read in a while.

mgx manga isnt bad its just more of the same and I think 3 different summers passed and why were still in the same grade lol.

The problem I have is I'm not really into manga but would like to try getting into it but finding a place to read things and finding a story I want to read seems to be the hard part. Most things I want to read tend to be things that I have seen the anime of. I kind of want to read Nodame, Kawai Complex, and your lie in april at the moment

So anyone got any idea why my backup is getting minced

k8fcjIP.png

but my dvd works fine?

I got it with a photobook so i've no case, want to make a backup asap but they keep turning out like the above image. 

Using handbrake and makemkv neither worked

So anyone got any idea why my backup is getting minced

k8fcjIP.png

but my dvd works fine?

I got it with a photobook so i've no case, want to make a backup asap but they keep turning out like the above image. 

Using handbrake and makemkv neither worked

is it just a burned dusc?

is it just a burned dusc?

Its a behind the scenes thing other wise i'd be off downloading it xD

EDIT

Modern software = nope nope nope 

Ah i'm screwed might as well try dvd decrypter perfect wtf. I don't understand technology.

DOING IT.....

5ec648b1f5.jpg

|King Of The Lost|

mgx manga isnt bad its just more of the same and I think 3 different summers passed and why were still in the same grade lol.

The problem I have is I'm not really into manga but would like to try getting into it but finding a place to read things and finding a story I want to read seems to be the hard part. Most things I want to read tend to be things that I have seen the anime of. I kind of want to read Nodame, Kawai Complex, and your lie in april at the moment

It's actually tricky for a lot of people to get into the manga for anime like Nodame and April, because if you can't imagine the songs being played, then the anime is much easier to follow. Personally I like the way I can read a manga at my own pace. That's often less frustrating than some anime adaptation that takes too long, or emphasizes the things I like the least about the source material.

It's actually tricky for a lot of people to get into the manga for anime like Nodame and April, because if you can't imagine the songs being played, then the anime is much easier to follow. Personally I like the way I can read a manga at my own pace. That's often less frustrating than some anime adaptation that takes too long, or emphasizes the things I like the least about the source material.

ya I can imagine but I have seen the anime so that should help I can also read sheet music (one day that may come in handy lol) but I dought that would be helpful although it would be cool if it did.

Its a behind the scenes thing other wise i'd be off downloading it xD

EDIT

Modern software = nope nope nope 

Ah i'm screwed might as well try dvd decrypter perfect wtf. I don't understand technology.

Maybe an exorcism?

you guys almost manage to make it sound slightly cool by calling it MGX

I've seen my fair share of stuff on the internet, but for some reason the concept of someone eating someone else's saliva off a desk made my stomach churn when it really should not have.

Any recs?

I've already burned through Kuro, All You Need Is Kil, Gakkou Gurashi, and a good chunk of Nozaki and Franken Fran.

xxxHolic and Yumekui Merry queued up, but the anime (YM) annoyed me enough that I'm having a hard time finding the drive to start it.

Somewhat in the same boat with Deadman Wonderland, because I don't think I like action manga very much.

@CatCloud is the pandora hearts manga a direct continuation of the anime, and was the anime a direct adaptation?

On a side note, Asterisk and Cavalry were pretty boring. Sat through a few episodes of both, dropped both. Still wouldn't be able to tell you which characters belong to which. Bit disappointing, I heard one of them were "passable" due to a mild amount of variance from the normal tropes of this type of anime.

Good times in usersub, globalization in one picture.

RsdW4rS.png

Error: 410

you guys almost manage to make it sound slightly cool by calling it MGX

I've seen my fair share of stuff on the internet, but for some reason the concept of someone eating someone else's saliva off a desk made my stomach churn when it really should not have.

I thought it was an interesting take on saliva being used as almost an addictive substance that also transfers emotions. Clearly weird but also just kind of an abstract replacement for kissing.

Any recs?

I've already burned through Kuro, All You Need Is Kil, Gakkou Gurashi, and a good chunk of Nozaki and Franken Fran.

xxxHolic and Yumekui Merry queued up, but the anime (YM) annoyed me enough that I'm having a hard time finding the drive to start it.

Somewhat in the same boat with Deadman Wonderland, because I don't think I like action manga very much.

@CatCloud is the pandora hearts manga a direct continuation of the anime, and was the anime a direct adaptation?

Voynich Hotel?

I'm now raping the replay button.

I can do upto 1st minute 2nd chorus last year; now I can barely hit the right notes in the beginning.I must be tone-deaf by now due to my metal/post-hardcore stuff this past year

Animenz4life

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Any recs?

Merry is a pretty nice-looking manga, but has really gone nowhere interesting (in spite of threatening to do so all the time). Nozaki is a blast, in anime or manga form. xxxHolic is a "like it or leave it" franchise, kind of the Bakemonogatari before Bakemonogatari (but less lol-lewd).

Pandora Hearts the manga diverges from the anime around the ending. It's actually quite good, but the fan translations are a bit wonky in places so it's tough to follow (it's a convoluted story). I certainly enjoyed it, despite wondering what the heck was going on sometimes.

I'm now raping the replay button.

I can do upto 1st minute 2nd chorus last year; now I can barely hit the right notes in the beginning.I must be tone-deaf by now due to my metal/post-hardcore stuff these past year

Animenz4life

That's it... I'm buying a piano and a violin again next year.... I use to be spot on with the violin back then, I could play anything by ear... I should have took advantage of that ability.... 

I have a midi keyboard already but it's only 49 keys, I've played the first bit of a couple of songs but with the keyboard lacking some keys playing a full song is impossible. Plus I don't have a sustain pedal...

a639fe47110fe283ce01c122bcbc66932ae0f935

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^
Open Giveaways: None at the moment!
Closed Giveaways: [Giveaway #1]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]LTT Forum Wide Giveaway | [Giveaway #1]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway | [Giveaway #2]Heaven Society Anime Club Giveaway

Still hesitant to pick up Genshiken with the amount of angst building where I left off. 

Shiori Experience seems to be progressing nicely. 

Well the manga does start off more or less as the anime if i remember correctly but continues the story past where the anime ended, All i can say as i don't remember much about the Anime.... i think i was focusing on Hitman REborn back then.

and now im reading My hero academia.

4vrTsL8.jpg

There is a difference between liking something and using something.

on a side note, This guy...love his comments on Anime

Edit:  TB playing Just cause 3 http://www.twitch.tv/totalbiscuit

video seems interesting.

that seems super wasteful if all you're doing is saving anime.

you'd be better off aggregating metadata and simply replacing it once you lose it, because anime isn't that important.

a single drive for any kind of backing up that matters isn't really enough, a single 6TB is a hazard on it's own.

I can only see this being excusable if you have it in an external enclosure that spends the majority of it's time unplugged in a drawer somewhere.

There may be reason I have so many HDDs...