Why so much HATE on Razer Products

He's climbing a mountain, therefore he has no reception for me too ask him! His last orders were not to open it, so I'm sat playing with the 4 arrow keys that are usable from outside of the box! :P

Don't they have fancy seals on the box that you could remove and replace before he gets home, you could 'test' it without his permission xD. Not recommended but if you can't help yourself, those little sticky tapes are easily stuck back on when you pull it off.

EDIT: We're kind of getting off topic, whoops.

I have had almost no problems with any of my razer gear and plan on getting the naga. I think its because razer is so well advertised that people buy their products more often and the more that get bought to more chances of some breaking. Just like with companies and doa motherboards. If a company is super popular its likely that they will have some issues. Also people are more likely to give a bad review then a good one. Like I havent truely submitted any reviews on my gear however i have with a doa motherboard. I dont think people feel the need to constantly praise somthing that works but they feel as though they should bash stuff that doesnt

Razer might be slightly overpriced. Especially when it comes to their mice and laptops, but they make up for it by offering a killer gaming chat client

I have had almost no problems with any of my razer gear and plan on getting the naga. I think its because razer is so well advertised that people buy their products more often and the more that get bought to more chances of some breaking. Just like with companies and doa motherboards. If a company is super popular its likely that they will have some issues. Also people are more likely to give a bad review then a good one. Like I havent truely submitted any reviews on my gear however i have with a doa motherboard. I dont think people feel the need to constantly praise somthing that works but they feel as though they should bash stuff that doesnt

You make a good point about there products being sold often so there are more DOAs, and defective models since they sell so many. I know from experience that Wal-Mart's Razer products seem to always be instock though if I go to Bestbuy they usually are out of stock on their Deathadders. Not sure why, maybe Wal-Mart has deal with Razer to get cheaper quality since there prices are usually a few bucks cheaper than retail. Not sure, but you make a good point with them selling a lot of product so there is a higher amount of broken product.

You make a good point about there products being sold often so there are more DOAs, and defective models since they sell so many. I know from experience that Wal-Mart's Razer products seem to always be instock though if I go to Bestbuy they usually are out of stock on their Deathadders. Not sure why, maybe Wal-Mart has deal with Razer to get cheaper quality since there prices are usually a few bucks cheaper than retail. Not sure, but you make a good point with them selling a lot of product so there is a higher amount of broken product.

Thank you and i think that wal-mart just buys them in bigger bulk i dont know if you know this but bestbuy is really cheap sometimes 

Thank you and i think that wal-mart just buys them in bigger bulk i dont know if you know this but bestbuy is really cheap sometimes 

Huh. Thanks for the info, I have caught a few great deals from Bestbuy before but not too often. I do check on their price on the Deathadder 2013 regularly though as I'm really interested in getting one, I would just order one but I'm just going to wait till I get one retail.

It may be because there products are over priced and made like shit ?

I have a Naga right now (its going soon) and i get to the point where i want to smash it. Iv had constant problems with it such as middle click not working back buttons not working and the lazer not tracking at all. 

Iv called Razer with these issues and they refused to help as i did not have proof of purchase -.-

Iv also had a razer keyboard and that was also really badly made.

Razer need to do something about quality control and there customer service as its a big joke. 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Well, once my Apple TV has sold I'll be saying goodbye to my Orochi and hello to a Mamba! 

See my Build here!

Intel 6700k -  Strix GTX 1080Ti - Corsair AX760 - Corsair Dominator 16GB 3000MHz - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero

Seagate Barracuda 1TB -  Samsung 120GB 840 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Corsair H100i - Corsair Air 540 White -

Corsair AF120 - 2x Noctua NF-F12 - 3 x Noctua NF-S12

Dell S2417DG - Dell UH2515H 

I think the volume and variety of stuff that Razer offers is why they get so much hate.

Volume-wise, because they move so many products, there are bound to be more people with faulty products who then generalize and say that all Razer products suck.

Also, you get those elitists who look down on Razer because they sell so many different things.  Audiophiles hate razer audio gear - like they hate bose and friends.  Keyboard fanatics hate razer gear because they aren't Filcos or Duckys.  

Then, you get people who say Razer is overpriced and expensive for shitty quality.  These people just don't understand that products are priced as high as they can and sell.  You can't compare the price of a no-brand mouse with a razer mouse, even if it is cheaper and has superior build quality.  The no-brand company HAD to price it cheaper or else nobody would buy it.

Zero problems with any Razer gear at all. Had my deathadder for about 2 years, still just as good as new. Love my blackwidow and my Razer sphex. Razer audio shouldn't get much hate either. Their headsets are pretty good and so are their headphones. I have 2 Electra's and I love them, and I can't imagine finding anything better for 50 dollars. All my friends have never had any problems with their products as well

The only Problem I have with their product are the build quality and physical durability.

My Morray and Lachesis are both physicly not perfect. My morray cable looks it's going to snap.

My Arctosa have scratch on the surface and stuff.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I agree Logitech's old stuff is good, but new stuff is rubbish. I've got a g5 and g15 still going strong.

actually i disagree, i was playing around with a G710+ and it seems like a solid keyboard

Aggressive marketing. It's also makes very mainstream products that they claim are the best while there are others out there that are better.

Only real issue I have with Razer is there is a premium to there product that doesn't exist with stronger hardware. However that being said I love there mice there keyboards are okay but not what I'm after and I love my vespula and razer goliathus extended

Most of their products are bad (and I mean bad as I don't buy them ever). Some of their products are decent and some of them (quite a low number) are good. They are simply praised way too much by some people, and a lot of those people will also blindly buy anything just because it has a Razer logo on it. I really like my Razer Blackwidow and I've owned several Razer products in the past. I have given up on their mice since I had 3 Deathadders break in the span of 3 years (one each year) and a lot of their mice seem to have pretty bad sensors (no, high CPI is not necessarily good, too high might actually be bad). Their audio products are absolutely terrible, most of their keyboards are bad, their mice are rarely good, a lot of their products tend to break a lot (everyone I know, and have listened to such as Slick and Linus have all had Razer stuff break on them) and you can in most cases get better things for less.

That's why I dislike Razer.

I've only owned 2 things from Razer.

- First Deathadder that came out - Double clicking after a few months.

- Goliathus, which i still use.

So i'm 50/50 right now.

If anything is exaggerated, it's how good the MX-518 is. It doesn't compare to a high end mouse, even Logitech's G700 beats it and quite frankly that was a bad mouse as well.

How can I be exaggerating when it hasn't broken once (all buttons still work) nor have I ever had a problem with it after ~8 years. Sure it doesn't have all the buttons of the G700 but I don't need them.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

How can I be exaggerating when it hasn't broken once (all buttons still work) nor have I ever had a problem with it after ~8 years. Sure it doesn't have all the buttons of the G700 but I don't need them.

I wasn't saying that you were exaggerating, but rather that the general consumer does regarding the MX-518. Durability is one thing but I also find responsiveness, comfort, etc. equally important and sometimes even more so than durability.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey!  ^_^

I'm a huge Razer fan, and I see lots of mixed opinions on Razer and/or their products. I'm interested in YOUR opinion and how and why you feel this way about them. Lots of people seriously dislike them, while others love them!  :D

I'm you can tell I love Razer products (as you could probably assume by my sig; all Razer peripherals)  :wub:

Share your experience with Razer products and your opinion on them as a company and tell us about it! :D

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

They are a great company 

can't wait to get a mouse...

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Welcome to the internet. Where everyone will jump in the hate boat for no good reason.

I don't personally have a problem with them. I have had some bad experiences with their products, but I am an incredible small part of the market. I don't have a problem recommending Razer or any of their products.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes