Closing the back stage - Support for Office 2010 ends as it hits EOL

williamcll

Office-2010-Professional-Download-free.png

Office 2010 was a big step up from 2007 and set a lot of UI designs that the current version of office still carry on. However like Windows 7, support for the software has ended. User who wants continued Microsoft support will need to buy a newer release of Office and sought for an alternative.

Support for Office 2010 ended on October 13, 2020 and there will be no extension and no extended security updates. All of your Office 2010 apps will continue to function. However, you could expose yourself to serious and potentially harmful security risks.

Microsoft will no longer provide technical support, bug fixes, or security fixes for Office 2010 vulnerabilities which may be subsequently reported or discovered. This includes security updates which can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. You'll no longer receive Office 2010 software updates from Microsoft Update. You'll no longer receive phone or chat technical support. No further updates to support content will be provided and most online help content will be retired. You'll no longer be able to download Office 2010 from the Microsoft web site.

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/end-of-support-for-office-2010-3a3e45de-51ac-4944-b2ba-c2e415432789

Thoughts: I remember getting Office 2010, it came as a free upgrade for my student copy of Office 2007. It was certainly much better than the previous release. Back then there were still a lot of people who were reluctant to use .x document files. Fast forward to office 2019 and there are barely any visible changes for the past 6 years.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Microsoft likes to kill good things and leave the dirty stuff be.

Office 365 is a cancer,as well as Windows 10.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

At least Outlook 2010 still works.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

What kind of support did it ever have? I have a non-sanctioned copy of it I can put on any machine I desire :3

Office 2010 was a beautiful piece of software, it was the pinnacle of skeuomorphism before Windows Phone 7 came out. I still do adore many of the elements of Windows Vista and 7, and it's sad to see them slowly fade away out of the limelight. At least Apple and Microsoft are trying with neumorphism, but IMO you go in all the way, or you go material design, because if you go half way you get those Big Sur Beta 1 icons and those were horrendous.

Never really used Office 2010 - I kind of skipped over that one. 
I was on Office 2003 for a long time, then I got a copy of 2007 on disk (which I still have somewhere) with a laptop I bought then went straight to Office 2013 and 365. 

Shame this has reached EOL, but 365 is not the end of the world (unless you've forgotten your managed accounts password and can't do updates because you can't sign in - don't ask me how I know...)

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

IMO it's unfortunate Office 2010 is EOL but it was going to be discontinued eventually. To be honest, I'm surprised it's been supported for so long. I expected Microsoft to drop support at the same time as Windows 7. I can't remember having updates on Office 2010, so I'm not sure what difference this will make. 

1 hour ago, XR6 said:

IMO it's unfortunate Office 2010 is EOL but it was going to be discontinued eventually. To be honest, I'm surprised it's been supported for so long. I expected Microsoft to drop support at the same time as Windows 7. I can't remember having updates on Office 2010, so I'm not sure what difference this will make. 

Remember, Windows 7 only got dropped in January, even though it feels like it happened 3 years ago. Office 2010 was released in June of 2010, so it was supported for about 10 years, just like Win7.

The time between both EOL was probably to give the slackers some time to migrate both Windows and Office to the newest versions, and not feel pressured because they waited 2 years too long to start their migration.

Now if only they would kill off Outlook entirely.

Dear god do I hate Outlook.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well it is decade old. At least they'll still make stand alone one. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |