Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ridetoobs

Budget-based gaming PC for two kids that can no longer play Fortnite on Apple iPad

Posted Original PosterOP

Budget (including currency):聽500-600

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:聽Mostly Fortnite

Other details Best Budget since I have to build 2 PCs'!!!馃槥

Thank you for any great ideas...they have been playing in 11" iPad pros at 120hz...they have been playing Fortnite since the beginning.聽 Now all they do聽

is whine about it.聽 Any help would be great!

Maybe a console would be a good choice for them, since you can't fit 2 good PC's in that budget and monitor and stuff

Reminder鈿狅笍

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am聽always glad to help

2 minutes ago, ridetoobs said:

Budget (including currency):聽500-600

Games, programs or Workloads that it will be used for:聽Mostly Fortnite

Other details Best Budget since I have to build 2 PCs'!!!馃槥

Thank you for any great ideas...they have been playing in 11" iPad pros at 120hz...they have been playing Fortnite since the beginning.聽 Now all they do聽

is whine about it.聽 Any help would be great!

ill do one 300$ build, you could just buy twice.

I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS聽AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
Posted Original PosterOP

I thought of that, but I would also like for them to have the ability to play/do class work on them if needed.聽聽

Just now, ridetoobs said:

I thought of that, but I would also like for them to have the ability to play/do class work on them if needed.聽聽

welcome to the forums! remember to quote and mention the person you're replying to so they'll see it

@Kanna@HelpfulTechWizard

with $300, if you include a monitor, a kb, a mouse, you're probably left with close to nothing for a tower unfortunately

it's wiser to buy a single system and make them share?

Things I need help with: *new*聽Need help from "G-sync Compatible" monitor owner(s) / LF> specific Red/Blue Liquid

Spoiler

I hate Intel's pricing, Ryzen's weird quirks, Nvidia's pricing, and Radeon GPUs in general

Spoiler

Products聽I like:

Spoiler

Sony Xperia Z1 / Z2 / 10 ii, Asus Strix 970 / 1070, Samsung SSD, WD HDD,聽Corsair PSUs (AX, RM, CX(grey)), GeForce GPU, NZXT N450/S340, be quiet! Coolers, G.Skill Trident RAM, Logitech M525, Logitech G440, Razer Deathadder Elite

Products I聽hate:

Spoiler

Xperia Z3, XiaoMi 5c, Radeon GPUs, Razer Audio Products, any bloatwares

Companies I absolutely adore: (and hope it stays that way)

Spoiler

be quiet! - sent me AM4 mounting for my DRP3 even though it's way past聽the timeframe stated, no questions asked

Corsair - very good RMA experience, absolutely recommend

Companies聽I hate:

Spoiler

Nvidia, Intel, Apple, TMT (Thundermatch, a retailer)

Personal Blacklisted Companies:

Spoiler

Acer monitors, Gigabyte, Seagate HDD, Kingston SSD, Razer (except their mouse), XiaoMi Phones

Remember, just because I had聽good/bad experiences with these companies/product, doesn't mean you will have similar experiences too. I would still recommend these products if they made sense for your needs, but I'll add a disclaimer of my experience if it's聽relevant. Feel free to DM me asking why they are where they are.

1 minute ago, ridetoobs said:

Please quote me, you could see what the guy above has to offer then you could buy that PC twice but you can always get an used xbox one for under $200

Reminder鈿狅笍

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am聽always glad to help

your going to want a zen2 APU when those come out to consumers

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen聽console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X,聽500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba聽x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance聽LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram聽with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt聽 (unfinished NAS) Cisco聽Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List聽聽聽聽聽 Motherboard Tier List 聽 聽聽 How to get PC parts cheap 聽聽 HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."聽 @CircleTech

Just now, ridetoobs said:

then a laptop or something.聽https://www.walmart.com/ip/MOTILE-14-Performance-Laptop-FHD-AMD-Ryzen-3-Radeon-Vega-Graphics-THX-Spatial-Audio-Tuned-display-4GB-RAM-128GB-SSD-HDMI-Front-720P-HD-IR-Camera-Rose/708573214

is 369$ and liked pretty well. it could play FN at 720p 60fps low settings. a 300$ pc would need used everything.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
Just now, Kanna said:

Please quote me, you could see what the guy above has to offer then you could buy that PC twice but you can always get an used xbox one for under $200

I just realised that 300 is nigh impossible with new.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

I just realised that 300 is nigh impossible with new.

That is true

Reminder鈿狅笍

uoltra low budget. No monitors, no peripherals.聽 I would look for a optiplex from ebay, then get a gpu.

• NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:
uoltra low budget. No monitors, no peripherals.聽 I would look for a optiplex from ebay, then get a gpu.

Wouldn't even run the game (I would get a console at this point tbh)

Reminder鈿狅笍

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen聽console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 2.0: R7 2700 @4.0ghz, B450m Steel Legends, H105, 4x8gb Gell EVO 2866, XFX RX 580 8GB, Corsair RM750X,聽500 gb 850 evo, 500gb 850 pro and 5tb Toshiba聽x300

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 250 intel 730, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance聽LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Bearcat (F@H box) core 2 duo, 1x4gb EEC DDR2, 250gb WD blue, 9800GTX+, STRIX 660ti, supermicro PSU, dell T3400.

Rappter(unfinished compute server) HP DL380G6 2xE5520 24GB ram聽with 4x146gb 10k drives and 4x300gb 10K drives, running NOTHING can't get anything to work

Spirt聽 (unfinished NAS) Cisco聽Security Multiservices Platform server e5420 12gb ram, 1x6 1tb raid 6 for plex + Need funding 16+1 2tb raid 6 for mass storage.

PSU Tier List聽聽聽聽聽 Motherboard Tier List 聽 聽聽 How to get PC parts cheap 聽聽 HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."聽 @CircleTech

Just now, Kanna said:

Wouldn't even run the game (I would get a console at this point tbh)

cheap prebuilt+ GPU does well. new PSU is 50$ and GPU are around 50-75$ for something like a 750ti, 660ti, 950, 960

Posted Original PosterOP

I have peripherals...I would like to be around 500 per build, and for the boys to enjoy their game.聽 Every time I build one out I am over $700, but not sure

to what is needed to keep Fortnite fun, and somewhat crisp looking.聽

if it was useful give it a like :)聽btw if your into linux pay a visit here聽 and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here聽聽

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

Wouldn't run fortnite that well

Reminder鈿狅笍

Just now, Kanna said:

Wouldn't run fortnite that well

well i didnt want to pass 330$

if it was useful give it a like :)聽btw if your into linux pay a visit here聽 and i will be thankful if you send me an opinion here聽聽

Just now, mahyar said:

well i didnt want to pass 330$

Well what I mean is it will look worse than on what it would on the iPad before it got removed, what I mean is it wouldn't run and look good

Reminder鈿狅笍

Just now, Kanna said:

Well what I mean is it will look worse than on what it would on the iPad before it got removed, what I mean is it wouldn't run and look good

he is on a tight budget and he wants two pcs soooo

1 minute ago, mahyar said:

he is on a tight budget and he wants two pcs soooo

Well I would only use that for school work since that probs won't fit fortnite and windows at the same time (his choice tbh)

Reminder鈿狅笍

Just now, Kanna said:

Well I would only use that for school work since that probs won't fit fortnite and windows at the same time

move past it bro

Posted Original PosterOP

Just trying to be OTD with 2 PCs' for a total of $1 to 1.2k...I apologize.

Hopefully 500 per PC...I don't want to show favoritism馃槈