Laptop for video editing and ryzen or intel???

Ryzen or Intel?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. I need a knew laptop. i will be doing video editing and multi tasking a lot on it. my budget is around £500 (GBP), should i get a Ryzen 5 or an intel i5?

• Ryzen 5
    • Intel i5

2 minutes ago, SupaKomputa said:

No, don't get that one, it's not clear which ryzen you're getting, only says R series. Could be 3500u. 

It is the 3500u. It lists it in the product description.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

Just now, Any Tech said:

oh, thanks for that. so i am really not sure, maybe i'll just pay an extra 50 for the other one if you really recomend it.

thanks!

I do fully recommend you spend a little bit more to get a lot better cpu.

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

I am really confused now, as i really dont know much about ryzen, are you able to please help me here, so wich one is it that i should get?

2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Would browse a little more to get at least 4300u, same core as 3500u but better IPC.

Just realized 4th gen is out of stocks everywhere.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, Any Tech said:

I am really confused now, as i really dont know much about ryzen, are you able to please help me here, so wich one is it that i should get?

With your budget get Ryzen 4300u if you can, otherwise 3500u is okay.

R3 4300u is 4 cores with 2.7ghz clock speed. It's the latest generation.

R5 3500u is 4 cores with 2.1ghz clock.

Now you can see the huge difference.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

With your budget get Ryzen 4300u if you can, otherwise 3500u is okay.

oh thanks a lot for that! greatly appriciated!!!

45 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Pretty much your want to avoid the ryzen 3000 series in mobile. So things like the 3500u, 3700u, 3550h, 3750h,... A lot and I do mean A LOT of sellers on amazon abuse the fact that they can just put ryzen 5 in the title and be very scarce with details about the actual cpu tricking you into thinking you are getting a new ryzen 4000 series cpu whilst you are just getting the old one. I cannot recommend the last gen 3000 series when the 4000 series exists as it's just so much better.

53 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh no for sure not. This one is the best option by faaaar.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089BJZ8T7/ref=asc_df_B089BJZ8T71594447200000/?creative=22374&creativeASIN=B089BJZ8T7&linkCode=df0&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=linustechtips-21

You pretty much get double the cpu power here. The vivobook is super avoiding of listing it's exact cpu but in fact it is the old ryzen 3000 which is far worse than the 4000 series.

Ryzen 5 4th gen is a bit better for single-threaded performance to compare better against Intel alternatives, although for video editing multi-threaded performance really counts. This Acer with a 4500U is currently out of stock and a bit above the OP's budget, also the build quality isn't that great. To be clear, I agree that the 4500U comes with better performance than the 3500U (especially single-threaded), although it may be better to wait until more system integrators get a chance to build some better options at a better price.

Third generation Ryzen 5 is still a really good option, 4th gen hasn't been launched on desktop yet and pricing/availability is higher and more limited at the moment.

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

14 hours ago, Any Tech said:

All of these are absolutely horrible and have so many critical issues that it's just mind boggling why someone would ever even sell these.

Btw, the last one won't even be able to run two chrome tabs at once as that's a TABLET processor from ancient times...

Do NOT buy any of these. Get an Acer Swift 3 with a Ryzen 5 4500U

18 hours ago, SupaKomputa said:

This is misleading.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

All of these are absolutely horrible and have so many critical issues that it's just mind boggling why someone would ever even sell these.

Btw, the last one won't even be able to run two chrome tabs at once as that's a TABLET processor from ancient times...

Do NOT buy any of these. Get an Acer Swift 3 with a Ryzen 5 4500U

I am really not sure now, from the looks of it, i will pribable go fr this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089BJZ8T7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

Is it good for what i need, and does anyone advise me otherwise?
Thanks!

1 minute ago, Any Tech said:

I am really not sure now, from the looks of it, i will pribable go fr this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089BJZ8T7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

Is it good for what i need, and does anyone advise me otherwise?
Thanks!

Pretty much the best you can get for that kind of money. Enjoy.

23 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Pretty much the best you can get for that kind of money. Enjoy.

Thanks a lot for your help! and if you look here: 

i am also looking for a nice low cost camera, all help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Any Tech said:

Thanks a lot for your help! and if you look here: 

i am also looking for a nice low cost camera, all help would be greatly appriciated!

Thanks!

I mean, I'm not really a camera person. I use my own phone.

Hi guys i am currently choosing between two laptops:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B08246M3CK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089BJZ8T7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

The acer is more expensive and aparently offers more and is AMD Ryzen 5 4500U. but i can get the asus for cheaper but the box is damaged and its AMD Ryzen 7, the actual item is okay.

Wick one should i get?

16 minutes ago, Any Tech said:

Hi guys i am currently choosing between two laptops:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B08246M3CK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B089BJZ8T7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&th=1

The acer is more expensive and aparently offers more and is AMD Ryzen 5 4500U. but i can get the asus for cheaper but the box is damaged and its AMD Ryzen 7, the actual item is okay.

Wick one should i get?

The R7 doesn't say what CPU it actually has so with a bit of digging it's a 4 core part with a base of 2.3GHz so it's either a 3700U or a 3750H which are very far apart in performance as the H has a 35W TDP and the U has a 15W tdp. I would guess that the R7 part is a 3700U and both will be outperformed by the 4500U.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

8 hours ago, JellyBurger676 said:

Hi, 

What is the purpose of the laptops? 

Hi @JellyBurger676 the purpose of the laptop will be for daily use, video editing for my youtube channel and i will be doing a lot of multi tasking on it.

7 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

The R7 doesn't say what CPU it actually has so with a bit of digging it's a 4 core part with a base of 2.3GHz so it's either a 3700U or a 3750H which are very far apart in performance as the H has a 35W TDP and the U has a 15W tdp. I would guess that the R7 part is a 3700U and both will be outperformed by the 4500U.

Hi, thanks. so you are saying i should go for the Acer?

5 minutes ago, Any Tech said:

Hi, thanks. so you are saying i should go for the Acer?

I would look into a desktop personally but I'd take the 4500U over the 37xxx model 

27 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

I would look into a desktop personally but I'd take the 4500U over the 37xxx model 

i would rather get something portable. and wich one is the 4500U, the Acer?

13 minutes ago, Any Tech said:

i would rather get something portable. and wich one is the 4500U, the Acer?

Yes.

1 minute ago, panzersharkcat said:

Yes.

Okay thanks to everyone for your help! and also does anyone know any good shop with deals on right now to buy the Acer Aspire 5 A515-44, as its out of stock in amazon and i am wondering if i could get it anywhere else for a bit cheaper?

4 hours ago, Any Tech said:

Okay thanks to everyone for your help! and also does anyone know any good shop with deals on right now to buy the Acer Aspire 5 A515-44, as its out of stock in amazon and i am wondering if i could get it anywhere else for a bit cheaper?

country? 

40 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

country? 

United Kingdom