Android has 5000 mAh batteries - imagine if Apple did the same.

16 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

samsung had wireless charging since S3 , lg too.

ie 5 yr ahead

SIII never had wireless charging, it was announced but never actually put into a phone. The S4 didn't have it out of box but you could fit it retroactively, the S5 was the same as the S4. The first S phone to have wireless charging out of box was the S6.

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

10 hours ago, EL02 said:

It's not gonna explode.

If you understood how highly strung Li-ion batteries are you'd be more cautious. 

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

SIII never had wireless charging, it was announced but never actually put into a phone.

s3 got wireless charge, just individually sold.

lg G pro got it included in same era

6 hours ago, dfsgsfa said:

s3 got wireless charge, just individually sold.

lg G pro got it included in same era

Which model number? What are you talking about individually sold? 

You could get 3rd party kits for wireless charging but you could get those for any phone. 

On 7/11/2020 at 11:39 AM, 7412 said:

What if they did bother with a bigger battery?

The devices would be heavier, more expensive, thicker, probably less fitting of the Apple style. On the other hand they would last the whole day foor 99% of users and 2-3 for many of  them, the longevity would most likely increase too, the users might be less inclined to replace their devices if that's the case.

I think they consider the drawbacks to be quite severe and adding another version(of one? all models?) would double the number of separate production lines, I bet their goal is to keep the battery life comparable/better than Android flagships in tests and not much more.

The Galaxy Note 10+ is thinner than the iPhone(s) 11, yet it manages to have a 4200 mAh battery AND a whole pen into the damn thing.

I highly doubt iPhones have a lot of empty space inside, such change would most likely require compromises so either bigger phone or weaker/different shape. One could also just use better quality batteries which perform better than they're rated(compared to Androids and mAh race) because they try to hide the capacity anyway. I wanted to compare the weight of the batteries in those 2 phones but couldn't find it, I suspect they might be really close even though one is 1/3 more capable.

58 minutes ago, Loote said:

The devices would be heavier, more expensive, thicker, probably less fitting of the Apple style. On the other hand they would last the whole day foor 99% of users and 2-3 for many of  them, the longevity would most likely increase too, the users might be less inclined to replace their devices if that's the case.

I think they consider the drawbacks to be quite severe and adding another version(of one? all models?) would double the number of separate production lines, I bet their goal is to keep the battery life comparable/better than Android flagships in tests and not much more.

I highly doubt iPhones have a lot of empty space inside, such change would most likely require compromises so either bigger phone or weaker/different shape. One could also just use better quality batteries which perform better than they're rated(compared to Androids and mAh race) because they try to hide the capacity anyway. I wanted to compare the weight of the batteries in those 2 phones but couldn't find it, I suspect they might be really close even though one is 1/3 more capable.

The Pro phones are already dense because of the steel frame vs aluminium and I'm 90% sure apple spends too much money on how to make something feel great to hold. Don't think I've met anyoen who's replaced an iPhone due to battery. You generally get people who hold onto them as long as they're supported, people who just roll onto another contract, people who get one every year (Pyschos) and then people like myself who get one when they want a change. 

Apple got rid of the headphone jack to fit stuff like better haptics into the phone there's no spare room at all inside a modern phone. 

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

Apple got rid of the headphone jack to fit stuff like better haptics into the phone there's no spare room at all inside a modern phone. 

Or to create a problem and then sell the solution.

1 minute ago, EL02 said:

Heh! You can always use an USB-C ada-...

Oh...

2 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Don't think I've met anyoen who's replaced an iPhone due to battery.

I know closely only two people who had iPhones and both of them did this, my friend had to use a powerbank case for iPhone 6S because it was dying multiple times/day and my sister with iPhone 5S with similar situation. In case of my sister it was an old device, but said friend got a new device and it didn't last a year(he was playing games, using bt, gps, everything, most likely bloated it as much as a brand new Samsung device). Of course it's not a rule but I've heard plenty complaints about iPhone's battery, though since they offer the replacement service I'd say it's not an issue at all because every battery fails sooner or later.

My XS Max only has about 3100mah but I can squeeze it for 12-14 hours SOT and still have a little to spare. Granted it’s not a week, but it’s good enough for me, for now. It kicks the shit out of my previous iPhones for sure.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, 1x T30

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3060/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

2 hours ago, EL02 said:

Not really most people just switched to wireless and even then Apple don’t have a massive section of the headphone market. 

16 hours ago, LucasMZReal said:

I have the Samsung Galaxy M20 it was 120 dollars and it has 5000mah

$120 for an M20 is a great deal. Usually it goes for around $180.

13 minutes ago, EL02 said:

$120 for an M20 is a great deal. Usually it goes for around $180.

May I use this opportunity to say that writing the dollar sign BEFORE the price number is stupid and makes no sense, much like a lot of American ways of doing things that the entire world does differently? (the imperial system is terrible, it's well past time America evolves and learns the metric system)

When you read the damn thing, you say: "one hundred and twenty dollars", not "dollar sign one hundred and twenty". This is infuriating.