Tom's hardware does some interesting tests

kirBi

Just saying, i would rather get my information from a person or source that i can trust. Not saying you or anyone else is wrong.

you don't trust TH? the test was pretty well laid out and explained, it confirms what many other professionals have said (and proved) in the past.  Regardless of what we forum plebs say the article speaks for itself and the research  linked to by other members is outstanding in itself.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

XL_MC275_20110927_009.jpg

That's pure filth.

You guys are crazy. You know you guys are self-destructive. There's a funny farm somewhere and it's got your names written all over it. But I'm gettin' outta here.

But Tom's Hardware is known for being very good when it comes to their in depth reviews and articles for longer than Linus has been doing this Gig.

you don't trust TH? the test was pretty well laid out and explained, it confirms what many other professionals have said (and proved) in the past.  Regardless of what we forum plebs say the article speaks for itself and the research  linked to by other members is outstanding in itself.

Sure but, I have never had an opinion on TH because I don't visit the site or, to be honest, care about what TH has to say. I went from being a console peasant to a PC enthusiast on LTT videos, I trust Linus because, for the last 3-4 years I have seen every video put out and every live-stream ever broadcast. Trust must be earned and Linus has earned mine, TH hasn't. Not saying TH is wrong I am just skeptical of things new and unfamiliar. 

Sure but, I have never had an opinion on TH because I don't visit the site or, to be honest, care about what TH has to say. I went from being a console peasant to a PC enthusiast on LTT videos, I trust Linus because, for the last 3-4 years I have seen every video put out and every live-stream ever broadcast. Trust must be earned and Linus has earned mine, TH hasn't. Not saying TH is wrong I am just skeptical of things new and unfamiliar.

But but their not new at all, actually the website might be as old as or older than you to be fair.

But but their not new at all, actually the website might be as old as or older than you to be fair.

New to ME -_-

New to ME -_-

So just because its new to you, even though it has a proven history, you cant trust it?

Oh and here does this help you believe it more? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/120712-toms-hardware-does-some-interesting-tests/?p=1609518

So just because its new to you, even though it has a proven history, you cant trust it?

Oh and here does this help you believe it more? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/120712-toms-hardware-does-some-interesting-tests/?p=1609518

You just have to be right, don't you? I would hate to be in a religious debate with you.

You think I didn't see that response either? All Linus said was fantastic article. That cannot be his full unabridged opinion. You are not going to convert me.

Oh and here does this help you believe it more? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/120712-toms-hardware-does-some-interesting-tests/?p=1609518

All i said was "Linustechtips sound card roundup!". I originally said nothing about the legitimacy of TH (and still haven't). It was just a video idea, it's not like i killed a baby just to enrage the masses.

Linustechtips sound card roundup!

You just have to be right, don't you? I would hate to be in a religious debate with you.

You think I didn't see that response either? All Linus said was fantastic article. That cannot be his full unabridged opinion. You are not going to convert me.

No I dont have to be right but I do my research and have many years of experience. Unless there is substantial evidence against what I am arguing for how would that not make the point I am arguing correct?

As for a religious debate that would depend on what your debating really in context to religion. Either way I am am no expert on it and actually know quite little as that is not what I am interested in, so I wouldnt be the best for that debate and would likely bow out before it even started.

Everyone's trust is different, and it's always in flux. And that's fine... But I don't think it's right to believe only me any more than I think it's right to dismiss what I might have to say because "Tom's says so" or whoever else.

Something to remember about even AAA sites, is that anyone can make a mistake and serious problems can slip through the cracks sometimes

Here's a great example:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6530/closing-the-loop-contained-liquidcoolers-from-corsair-and-nzxt-compared/5

I respect Anand and I respect Anandtech a lot, but the performance graph on that page is obviously wrong and they never fixed it. It's ridiculous to report that the H80i outperforms the H100i and contradicts not only every other review on the planet, but also some pretty basic laws of physics with respect to how surface area affects heat dissipation.

With all of that said, the Tom's article appears (to me) to be excellent and I can't imagine they were coming into it with any kind of bias they could have because no one who manufactures amps and dacs would spend a penny on advertising on a site like that. It certainly backs up my recent observations (about which I haven't made a video yet, but I will certainly mention in my upcoming Schiit Stack review) and was well written.

Hopefully we can all just get along now...

Hopefully we can all just get along now...

Not until everyone acknowledges my awesome wisdom and superior intellect in all things I decide to discuss.   :ph34r::P  :lol: 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

@LinusTech you make me want to not get along more so that youll post more :P

Also i would like to say I was not saying blindly follow it because it's Tom's. You should always decide for yourself if the article was good or not but they did explain their testing methodology pretty thoroughly. Also I did just post a article about steam machines that was on toms that I dont agree with at all.

Not until everyone acknowledges my awesome wisdom and superior intellect in all things I decide to discuss.   :ph34r::P  :lol:

:ph34r:High-five :ph34r:

:P :P :P :P :P

But, coming from Linus it might have some weight.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

...hhhhhhhhhA!

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

...hhhhhhhhhA!

it would have been better if you used Baaah since your avatar is a sheep.

it would have been better if you used Baaah since your avatar is a sheep.

I've never been good at RP.